Second Vandergriff Team? (1 Viewer)

While it is nice to see Harvick looking into drag racing, am I the only one that thinks when he crunches the numbers there isn't a chance in hell he'll get involved? Not trying to be negative, but drag racing isn't something that you get into to make money anymore. I think the saying was if you want to become a millionare drag racing start with two million.:(

Aaron, I disagree. It's all about the backing, just like any other form of racing. Difference is, NASCAR has been able to attract packages that are in the the realm of $15M per car, so team owners and drivers can make a pretty good living as long as the funding is there. It's not rocket science, just math. Try to go play in any racing arena without being wealthy and having a big partner and see how profitable it is. This has been beaten to death, but no racing series really pays more than what it takes to win. Drag racing's problem has been there have not been enough sponsorships to support true professional teams, without the owner having to pony up. Hopefully what Vandergriff is working on will pan out. He obviously has had success in bringing new blood.

From my understanding this deal will work like this: Harvick and his guys will meet with potential sponsors and say look I know so and so wants $15m a year, but if you give us $20m a year we will give you the head billing on not only our nascar team, but our other smaller nascar subseries team and a top fuel dragster over in NHRA. More bang for your buck persay. I think it could work. I wouldnt mind seeing it happen for sure and I'm not even a fan of Harvick at all. Matter of fact, cant stand him but I would love it if Vandie can expand. Hell he was talking about 4 cars if everything works out in his comp plus article a few weeks ago. That'd be awesome.

I'm not a Harvick fan either--but I do admire his (or possibly HER) smarts -get established as a team owner-its a far better long term paycheck. They have a few cars running in the Nationwide series already doing well.
As someone here at work said " Make up some top fueler collectibles with Harvicks name on them+ sell them at the cup races-they'll make enuff to run a real one for a whole season!":p

From my understanding this deal will work like this: Harvick and his guys will meet with potential sponsors and say look I know so and so wants $15m a year, but if you give us $20m a year we will give you the head billing on not only our nascar team, but our other smaller nascar subseries team and a top fuel dragster over in NHRA. More bang for your buck persay. I think it could work. I wouldnt mind seeing it happen for sure and I'm not even a fan of Harvick at all. Matter of fact, cant stand him but I would love it if Vandie can expand. Hell he was talking about 4 cars if everything works out in his comp plus article a few weeks ago. That'd be awesome.

That makes a lot of sense to me. I think I have seen the light.:D

That makes a lot of sense, and maybe other NASCAR owners will see a similar point of view. More bang for their buck, so to speak. Perhaps Ganassi could use a similar angle, and establish a working relationship with Snake?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back