Schumacher's Comments (1 Viewer)

Bobby Bennett

Nitro Member
I think Tony Schumacher probably explained the reason many drivers went back to race again. I was particularly struck by the comments about Alan Johnson. We were told that Scott was one of the first people to talk to AJ after Blaine was killed.

And if it does happen, understand I am doing what I love. I wouldn't know what to do without it. I wouldn't be alive without it. I get in that car and that makes me alive. - Tony Schumacher

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - SCHUMACHER'S TOUGHEST VICTORY

Last edited:
Great story Bobby. One minor glitch though. Blaine wasn't killed on the final day of qualifying for Indy '96. It was in the first session on Saturday so of course with it being Indy, there would still be one more day of qualifying on Sunday.

Last edited:
The irony of all this is that Scott was in the opposite lane of both Blaine and Darrell on their fatal accidents.

“If it happened to me; I've talked to my guys,” Schumacher said. “There is not a thing I can think of that I haven't done in my life. I want to see my grandkids. I'm not stupid. I'm not out here being dumb. I do whatever it takes to protect myself to the max. We all do it, but it could happen. And if it does happen, understand I am doing what I love. I wouldn't know what to do without it. I wouldn't be alive without it. I get in that car and that makes me alive. It makes me who I am. It made Scott who he was. It makes Connie who he is. It makes all of us. We get it and when that happens it’s devastating but its part of reality, unfortunately.”

Wow...that pretty much sums it up right there...

ive watched drag racing 96' too many times to know it was cory mac opposite blaine,lol... And he did give the wally to the johnson family,the top end interview is on drag racing 96 also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back