VP stepped in it -- Now covering their @$$ (1 Viewer)

davey

Nitro Member
When I read some of the comments the other day on Comp Plus from a VP rep I was like "wow, those are some pretty bold statements" Now they have a retraction out saying that's not really what we meant. I bet Shoe's lawyers were on the phone quicker than Tony can cut a light!

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - NHRA FUEL SUPPLIER – “THERE’S A SHORTAGE OUT THERE”

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - VP ISSUES CLARIFICATION

What a bunch of idiots! I guarantee the reason why they issued that press release is because they would have gotten their butts sued off if they didn't. VP, if you're reading this, I will NEVER use your products because of your handling of this situation.

I think the person quoted in the article is VP's Chemical Agent. He seems to be slightly angry. :)

1) is there really going to be a shortage with 15 car T/F fields?
2) Is there truly a reason to have an 'Official Race Fuel Resaler of the NHRA'
3) Is it really the NHRA's position that even if number '2' is correct, that they will cancel races before going outside for other sources.
4) New Tire being Mandated by the start of the western swing, along with the 'Safer' floppers in a matter of weeks and barring Monday testing?
5) Are we about to find out why the NHRA is a Non-Profit organization? Can't make a profit if you don't have the product.
6) What is the profit for the NHRA of each 'Official' drum of Nitro sold at National events.

7) on a different note, Why does Bob Disrespect Sponsors by bring up next season's Title Sponsor every time an 'Energy Drink Car' comes to the line? This is making me more disinclined to buy 'Full Throttle'. Kinda the same way the "Screaming Idiots" have chased me away from PowerAde and Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO). <---- just my .02 there

d'kid

1) is there really going to be a shortage with 15 car T/F fields?
2) Is there truly a reason to have an 'Official Race Fuel Resaler of the NHRA'
3) Is it really the NHRA's position that even if number '2' is correct, that they will cancel races before going outside for other sources.
4) New Tire being Mandated by the start of the western swing, along with the 'Safer' floppers in a matter of weeks and barring Monday testing?
5) Are we about to find out why the NHRA is a Non-Profit organization? Can't make a profit if you don't have the product.
6) What is the profit for the NHRA of each 'Official' drum of Nitro sold at National events.

7) on a different note, Why does Bob Disrespect Sponsors by bring up next season's Title Sponsor every time an 'Energy Drink Car' comes to the line? This is making me more disinclined to buy 'Full Throttle'. Kinda the same way the "Screaming Idiots" have chased me away from PowerAde and Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO). <---- just my .02 there

d'kid

It's nice to know that they have all of their ducks in a row. :rolleyes:

It will be a couple of years before I'm ready to get back to racing but unless there are new owners,drastic changes made in the company, I will no longer use VP Racing Fuels for our team.

1)

d'kid

I hold no blame on Bob for this (I don't think you do either), he is a paid employee and if he won't do it, they'll find someone else that will. As far as the NHRA itself, with 16 car TF fields at pretty much every recent race, you would think that LAST thing they would want to do is pi$$ off a couple of sponsors that could pack it up and move to other things next year, or possibly after the "Countdown Playoffs" start this year!

What would you do if you were paying hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions to sponsor a race car and every time your car comes to the line, your 30-60 seconds of advertising time is covered up with another competing product's commercial.

If it were me, I'd take my money and spend it elsewhere.

That's funny...

"Scheidker declined to comment on the inspiration for the statement"..

Brian,
You are correct, I don't hold Bob responsible. Personally, it's the captive thing about the whole "official" this and that of the NHRA. The whole VP thing has made it painfully obvious.

The NHRA is a Sanctioning Body. That's it. That's why it was formed. They are Not Race Promoters, They Are a NON-Profit Organization.

Bob just said something which makes this painful. Drag Racing is just that, Racing. The 16 quickest cars race on Sunday. It might not be PC, but if you blow it during the best conditions, you blow it.

If you just want to promote a 'SHOW', then just operate 16 cars in each of the pro classes, own the whole thing.

And let the Real Racers Race for someone who understands the roots of the sport and why we love it from all sides.

d'kid
getting fed up with this whole thing.

...The NHRA is a Sanctioning Body. That's it. That's why it was formed. They are Not Race Promoters, They Are a NON-Profit Organization. ...
Karl,

I've said for several years now that NHRA is no longer a sanctioning body as originally established but instead a motorsports entertainment promotor. Unfortunately, they are trying to be both and failing miserably at both.

NHRA as an organization has completely forgotten that drag racing is about the racers and the competition... not the bottom line of the organization! I truly believe the NHRA organization thinks that drag racing would not exist without the NHRA. Quite delusional, huh? Drag racing would survive without NHRA.

Hmm I wonder if the shortage issue is still there come countdown time if they eliminate the field to only the countdown contenders.

Hmm I wonder if the shortage issue is still there come countdown time if they eliminate the field to only the countdown contenders.

Brilliant idea PJ... take the top ten only, qualify 8... it would make a great 3 hour live TV package... heck, we could do the whole thing on a Saturday, two qualifying shots, then eliminations Saturday night... LIVE

just my two sense...

d'kid

Karl,

I've said for several years now that NHRA is no longer a sanctioning body as originally established but instead a motorsports entertainment promotor. Unfortunately, they are trying to be both and failing miserably at both.

NHRA as an organization has completely forgotten that drag racing is about the racers and the competition... not the bottom line of the organization! I truly believe the NHRA organization thinks that drag racing would not exist without the NHRA. Quite delusional, huh? Drag racing would survive without NHRA.

I've compared the NHRA to the federal government many times in the past. Both have become bigger and more and more powerful over time. Both seem to get in the way of the little guy on his way up instead of helping.

I've noticed that the "bigger government liberals" and the ones who defend NHRA are often one and the same.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back