ZMAX fan hit by a golf ball? (1 Viewer)

WOW!!! If in fact it's true, WOW!!!!

Great story either way.........I'm interested to find out if it's true or not.

Yes,I was very near when this happened. I didn't go around to the scene but heard about it. I was told there was a lot of blood,sorry to be graphic but didn't know how else to say it. The guy got hit in the nose with a golf ball from a driving range next to the pits. I was told that they knew this was going to be a problem because teams testing the week before the race was dodging the golf balls. The driving range is owned by the city and the rumor was,they had agreed to stop during the race but didn't.I didn't see the driving range but was told there is a high fence to prevent this but I guess when you're trying to hit over it,evidently you can. With the arrest of 3 people,they must have caught them hitting on purpose over the fence. There were several NHRA officials on the scene shortly after it happened.

Last edited:
Its funny kinda... probably not for the person who got hit, but I can just imagine someone trying to tee-off and hearing a nitro car fire up. LOL.

i was wondering if this would happen.
build next to golf course, much less a driving range
are you kidding, a young teen hitting balls with large crowd and
beautiful trailers rite past the net......what do think they're going to do!?

too bad jesse james still isn't involved with nhra drag racing; they could
get the vehicle he built on monster garage; the one that retrieves balls
from range and fires them back at tee area :D

Maybe Bruton can build a track near Torrey Pines or Augusta? That would be awesome to be watching a PGA Tournament and hearing Fuel cars in the background! :eek:

Yes I saw the range next to the pits and wonderd about it. But they did have a big net up to prevent this. (apparently not big enough)

Accidents happen...... BUT,....... if it was deliberate....Then If it's WAR they want-we'll give 'em war. I say we lob NITRO Bombs back at 'em. ;):D:p

The story is true as we reported. I hope those who were arrested are prosecuted. I saw the barrier set up to catch errant balls and for someone to hit a ball there, it was on purpose. You can't convince me otherwise.

The story is true as we reported. I hope those who were arrested are prosecuted. I saw the barrier set up to catch errant balls and for someone to hit a ball there, it was on purpose. You can't convince me otherwise.

Bobby's never seen me play golf then!!!

That's where the quote I saw came from. I checked and must have missed it.

People suck :mad:

Hey I'm NOT alone. Sounds like Bobby and Justin golf like me :D:D

Maybe we should get a group together and and sneek in a quick 9 next race we are all at??

Golf is like drag racing = the lower the number - the better.

That makes me about a V STOCK AUTOMATIC lol:D:p

I love to golf. Only problem is I suck at it! Its the one thing that I have finally realized that no matter how much I practice and play, I will always suck at it. And it hurts since I'm a competitive person but I know my limits and the day I shot 89 you would have thought I had just won a gold medal or something! Normally I'm in that 95 to 105 range somewhere.

I cant believe that someone would do that, well actually I can but I hope they threw the book at them.

Thats the thing about golf, you can stink, but still enjoy the game. I play with guys way better than me, but it doesn't mater, it's you against the course. They're trying to break 80, and i'm trying to break 100. :p:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back