Safety question (1 Viewer)

Put the car on a stand until its running.

That is an excellent idea, actually! Using the same safety precaution as in the pits for warmup. And, theoretically, it would add such a minimal amount of time to the starting line procedure.

Hi Gino, we are headed to Denver , May 19th and then off to Pittsburg(IHRA) and then the 50th Anniversary Race at Maple Grove and then Salt Lake City (IHRA), and then a rest ! :D

Great to hear, hope your strapping Dale in for some of those events.

Jay that's too funny. My first thought was if he did fall under the tire, at least they won't be pullin fibers from pants out of his skin.:D

BTW, check out the new addition of Drag Racer Mag; we got a spot on the cover and a 3-page article.

This thread proves a very good point....the ignorance shown here by those that are not directly involved in racing ARE NOT ALLOWED on the starting line.....their spot is in the stands where they are only a threat to themselves....:rolleyes:

Speaking of safety... Cute sandals on Morgan L's g/f on the starting line of a National event... :rolleyes:

Good to see all the rules applied across the board....

I may bw wrong but, I believe the rule book calls for the car to have reverse.
So, if it can't back up it no longer has reverse, thus no longer legal.

Just because a driver & team is willing to send it, does that mean they should?? Just a thought...

Let's see, they should require a stand to start the car on, then nobody should touch it once it's running..shall we shorten all circle track races so there's no pit crews working on cars during races too? I figure the crew guys are doing what they do knowing full well it's risky. Leave well enough alone, the accidents have been few and far between.

Maybe they should keep the fans out of the pits just to be safe. Can't tell you how many times i've seen someone not paying attention and almost get run over by a cart or car leaving or returning to their pit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back