Rumors quashed, new qualifying format, 90% debate (1 Viewer)

I'm still a little confused on Bernstein's proposal for Qualifying. If your #8 on Friday with say a 4.57, and someone runs a 4.56 on Saturday does that make them No higher than #9???

Joe,

How it was explained to me in Ohio was, that the top 4 from Friday keep their times, from the 5th down to the 16th car their times are scrapped and they start all over again on Saturdays sessions, which I think is just STUPID! You know why Kenny want's this, it's to help his own butt out!

Like it would suck if you made it in at the 5 down to the 16th spot on Friday, then on the Saturday didn't make it back in.

Ahhhhh the joys of new age racing!

Mike

I dont understand why they dont just have sat. night qualifying also, instead of all the crap they are proposing. Give the fans a little more for the money, not everybody can be at the fri. session.
I agree, it's the easiest change and one that the fans would welcome with open arms. Forget all that other crap.

I don't think the method should be changed , just have 2 & 5pm both days. Local fans can leave work at noon on Friday. And all sessions are closer to raceday times.

If you want "Nitro @ Nite", support match racing, or race Saturdays with three runs Friday ( 3, 5, & 7pm) & "last chance" @noon sat.

If the NHRA wizz kids have to make a big change, then I favor the average of your best run from Friday & Sat. That way you can have one problem each day, or maybe not run the last session on Sat if the track has turned to crap.

Free the NITRO ,,, 90% now :) Then 95% with one mag next year!:cool:

I think the Biggest opposition to the Sat. night qualifying session is it's another Late night for crew members. I wouldn't mind a later Saturday afternoon session, but another 8 PM would be VERY Tiresome. I don't know about the rest of you, but 12-13 hr days at the Track wear me out fast!:rolleyes:

Taking the top 4 from each session if a bad idea. This isn't the Indy 500, where you can only get the pole one day. What happened to pure racing???

Top 16 runs of the weekend make it end. Under this idea what happens if a rainout happens and a session or two are missed?

Just move back the saturday session and move the Friday session up either 30 or 60 minutes.

I think if they make any changes it should be just do away with the Friday night session or change Saturday afternoon session to a night session. All that other stuff is too much. Hell just let them bracket race and dial in that would make it fair for the guys that cant run low et :rolleyes: Hell these guys are pros they should be able to make the calls and get it done with out some jacked up system to get them in the field. They always have in the past.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back