Rumors quashed, new qualifying format, 90% debate (1 Viewer)

Well, that was interesting...
I don't think Jim liked the gear rule... :D

Karl, I only need 2 more mill a year... :) I'll cover the rest... :p Do-able??

I guess the Reinhart rumor was a game, and I got played... :eek:

BTW- Anyone hear John Andretti say, he wants back in NHRA driving a F/C?? Anyone, hello

Last edited:
And before anyone says it, I know Shirley was PO'd as well as many others... ;)

I thought Coil was against the move back to 90%, at least that`s what the Connie Kalitta DRO interview stated. Glad to read that`s not necessarily the case.

I thought Coil was against the move back to 90%, at least that`s what the Connie Kalitta DRO interview stated. Glad to read that`s not necessarily the case.
That was ONE of the reason's I said interesting... Tim Richards comments also struck me as well...

Boss...
Check's in the mail... sure 5 mill will be enuff????

Just don't cash it fer a couple of.....

Hundred years or so

or we could just play the new NHRA game....

or we could just play the new NHRA game....
Are you kidding me?? I can't even play the old game... :eek: Where are all these different views, and why does my nephew think it's much more fun to crash and burn them, rather than run a nice, clean, dry pass... :rolleyes: :D :mad:

new qualifying format

Oh yeah, let's just make drag racing even more complicated to follow :rolleyes:

I have loved drag racing, from the inside out, for 40+ year but even I am getting weary of all this minipulation of the sport. I can't possibly imagine how the average fan can comprehend this, uh, stuff.

Last edited:
Even before the 90% rule in 2000 I never heard of Crankshafts lasting 18-20 runs! I had always heard maybe 8-10 tops, but Connie and Lahaie would certainly know they see this stuff everyday.

I'm still a little confused on Bernstein's proposal for Qualifying. If your #8 on Friday with say a 4.57, and someone runs a 4.56 on Saturday does that make them No higher than #9???

After watchng yesterday's exciting last round of funny car qualifiying, I would recommend moving the last session on Saturday to a little later in the day. After reading those proposals they seem like they may be too confusing for the average fan. Sometimes the most simple solution is the best.

Here is what's going to suck, say the dude who comes in at the 5 spot after Friday, his runs are going to be scrapped, well 5 down to the 16th car, now what if they have problems on the Saturday? The shot that got them in on Friday will count for nothing. I talked about this with a few teams, only one thought it would be a good idea, I just can't see it really!

Are you kidding me?? I can't even play the old game... :eek: Where are all these different views, and why does my nephew think it's much more fun to crash and burn them, rather than run a nice, clean, dry pass... :rolleyes: :D :mad:

That's easy Ray. It's not coming out of his pocket. Heck, we probably all thought that at one time.

take the tracks with no noise ordinances - run 3 qual. on friday, one sat.
morning, then elims. starting later in afternoon, schedule final rounds around
9-10pm (sunday rain day)
all the other tracks remain with sunday elims. and the friday night qual.
starts a little earlier (runs finishing at dusk).

I'm still a little confused on Bernstein's proposal for Qualifying. If your #8 on Friday with say a 4.57, and someone runs a 4.56 on Saturday does that make them No higher than #9???
I dont understand why they dont just have sat. night qualifying also, instead of all the crap they are proposing. Give the fans a little more for the money, not everybody can be at the fri. session.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back