Rules, rules, and more rules... (1 Viewer)

You have to remember that on some cars, like mine for example, it is very difficult to see what is in front of you, my vision is blocked by blower and scoop, you look thru the side of the motor to keep track of where you are on the track. Also the car that crossed the center line should gone back into his own lane, I know I wouldn't expect another car in my lane, specially when I can't see him.

You have to remember that on some cars, like mine for example, it is very difficult to see what is in front of you, my vision is blocked by blower and scoop, you look thru the side of the motor to keep track of where you are on the track. Also the car that crossed the center line should gone back into his own lane, I know I wouldn't expect another car in my lane, specially when I can't see him.
The car in front of him was offset to his left so it should have been directly in front of him and plainly visible if he'd been paying attention. If the car had been offset to the right I'd agree with you.

The car in front of him was offset to his left so it should have been directly in front of him and plainly visible if he'd been paying attention. If the car had been offset to the right I'd agree with you.
So please tell us how many runs you have made with blower blocking your view?

This ain't nascar where cars swap lanes all the time, you expect the other driver to stay in their lane, and if they cross the center line, go back to their lane, period!

I ought to add that the driver is wearing a thick fire suit, gloves, boots, head sock, neck restraint and helmet and those really reduce your ability to move and see.

One more thing, the Vette was in the right lane so he probably would be looking at the right side of the car to measure his distance from the guardrail.

Last edited:
But he doesn't sit behind the blower, he sits to the left of it like a passenger car. Why would he be looking right when he's sitting right next to the centerline? That would be his best point of reference. And while looking at the centerline, he should see the massive parachute right at it.

So please tell us how many runs you have made with blower blocking your view?

This ain't nascar where cars swap lanes all the time, you expect the other driver to stay in their lane, and if they cross the center line, go back to their lane, period!

I ought to add that the driver is wearing a thick fire suit, gloves, boots, head sock, neck restraint and helmet and those really reduce your ability to move and see.

One more thing, the Vette was in the right lane so he probably would be looking at the right side of the car to measure his distance from the guardrail.
How is the blower blocking anything DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HIM when it's offset his right and the car in front of him is offset to the left? It's not like his seat is centered in the car, he's to the left of the blower with a wide-open view out of the windshield directly ahead of him.

Oops, I forgot what site I was in, this is the site of the "keyboard experts", I'll just leave it at that.

Obviously common sense isn't working for you. The guy had a unobstructed view directly ahead of him. There was no excuse other than not looking in front of him like he should have been
2qu0v38.jpg

There wasn't just a car but a blue parachute as well, the guy was obviously not focused or day dreaming.

Interesting one of the commentors was the driver of the first car.
His quote "Thanks for asking everyone. I had a wild ride where the car got loose and ended up in the other lane. I never saw him or heard him so I figured he had problems or shut off since I was in his lane at the end of the track. I was just about stopped and I heard him get on the throttle but by that point I was stopped and could not even get back into my lane. I thought he had shut off and went Into the other lane so I did not want to move back over and run into him. I did not even know he crashed until I was out of the car."

It's quite obvious that some on here have never driven a blown car because there is no such thing as an "unobstructed view" on a blown car.

Also, another comment at the dragzine link was: Was at the race and agree it was crazy. I'm not an expert by any means. Was videoing the olds and thinking great save. Track announcers surmised vet just couldn't see the olds. Looked at the vet in the pits, that blower was massive and definitely hindered the view. The track dips down after the finish line as well.

But then again, the "experts" here can drive or tune anything.

As an added note: many wonder why drivers and/or teams don't post here anymore, some of the crap posted on this topic is a prime example.

It's quite obvious that some on here have never driven a blown car because there is no such thing as an "unobstructed view" on a blown car.

Also, another comment at the dragzine link was: Was at the race and agree it was crazy. I'm not an expert by any means. Was videoing the olds and thinking great save. Track announcers surmised vet just couldn't see the olds. Looked at the vet in the pits, that blower was massive and definitely hindered the view. The track dips down after the finish line as well.

But then again, the "experts" here can drive or tune anything.

As an added note: many wonder why drivers and/or teams don't post here anymore, some of the crap posted on this topic is a prime example.

So we all need to post what we've driven before in order to have an opinion. Sounds like some just want a My blower is bigger than yours debate

So we all need to post what we've driven before in order to have an opinion. Sounds like some just want a My blower is bigger than yours debate
There is a big difference between opinion and experience, judging a driver when you have no experience on the subject is pure bs.

There is a big difference between opinion and experience, judging a driver when you have no experience on the subject is pure bs.

I have never played in the NFL either, but I can absolutely say a given QB blew it by throwing an interception or a particular DB is terrible in coverage.

I have never driven anything nearly as quick as either of the cars in that race, but I have watched thousands of pairs of cars go down the track and I can absolutely say BOTH of these guys flat blew it. They blew it to a degree that I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the track. For the Olds guy to say he didn't hear the other guy so he stayed in his lane is absolute BS, he should have gotten back into his own lane as a first priority. For the Vette guy to jump on the throttle that late in the game and then wind up rolling his car because he didn't see the car in his lane is flat out negligent and dangerous. BOTH drivers need to have their license re-evaluated and the guy in the Vette needs an eye test and to pee in a cup. It was absolutely the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen in a drag race. It is a freaking miracle neither of these clowns hurt themselves or someone else.

But then again, I have never driven anything so what do I know.

Again, I didn't say completely unobstructed, I said DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HIM! The blower isn't directly in front of him, it's to right of his head. A person blind in their right eye could have still seen that Cutlass.

I agree with Chris, license reevaluated and pee in cup. If NHRA didn't test them their drug program is flawed.

As far as stupidity, both drivers get an A+.

To give you another idea of how stupid these guys were, ESPN3 showed a replay on the live feed of the race. When has ESPN3 ever done that for a sportsman race? I don't think they ever have when I have been watching. That means the guys in the production trailer couldn't believe it either and they had to show it again.

I have driven a blown injected altered, what both of them did was very wrong, when I watched the vid it sounded like the vett was playing with the throttle then stabbed it on the top end, can't tell from video if the vett is center steer or left side driver, how he did not see the olds cross or decided to drive blind to the other car on the top end that late needs to be addressed, thank god no one got injured

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back