Restrictor Plates? (1 Viewer)

The restrictor plate is only on the car during test sessions. This makes it possible to train a new driver and the team doesn't lose on of their legal test days.

I was told she got most of the Al-Anabi funny car stuff.

Brian O is dead on. Courtney has been testing with one too, so has Leah Pruett when she drove Melanies car.

The transition shouldn't be that difficult for her.

Considering there is a lot less to do while driving a fuel funny car I doubt Alexis would have trouble getting used to it. The car ran 4.30 and a 4.38 and she has already run several mid 4.60's in her TA/FC...and it's a lot busier in there.

RG

Considering there is a lot less to do while driving a fuel funny car I doubt Alexis would have trouble getting used to it. The car ran 4.30 and a 4.38 and she has already run several mid 4.60's in her TA/FC...and it's a lot busier in there.

RG

ah, RG... 4.60 on alky?

d'kid

RG

5:40s at Gainesville!

It must be good to be the King...hell I should run for president, then I could circumvent the laws to my liking.

Last edited:
So testing with a restrictor plate negates testing days? Isn't that like adultery with a condom?

she can test all she wants with a restrictor plate until she enters that first race. then she is considered a racer and starts using the allotted "test" days after that.

So what would you guys suggest for training a driver?

In Alexis' case it is her car, and all of her stuff. Jeff Arend's crew was servicing the car because they could turn it around fast enough to make five runs in the day. They weren't testing anything, just making laps. Should team Kalitta lose a test day for that?

Alexis wants to be prepared when she makes her debut in Dallas. If you are a racer would you feel better lining up againt someone who has 40-50 laps and a good comfort level, or someone who has made 5 runs and is still in the early learning stages?

My understanding is that the restrictor plate knocks the power down enough that you can't really learn anything in the clutch or tuning department, but it still has enough power to give the driver a feel for the car.

Just my opinion,

Alan

Last edited:
ah, RG... 4.60 on alky?

d'kid

Here's Alexis incrementals in the last qualifying session at Gainesville in March where she ran a 5.446 at 267.91:

"Alexis De Joria's incremental times: 60ft-0.935 sec., 330ft-2.441, 660ft-3.612/211.69 mph, 1,000ft-4.607."

Manzo has run in the 4.50's.

Hope that helps. Apology accepted.

RG

I just hadn't heard about the restrictor plate not making you an actual driver/team...I'm sure Alexis would argue that she is indeed BOTH! And, if anyone can't learn something any time a nitro car of any variety goes down the track...well...they simply aren't paying attention.

So much friggin' gray area when it comes to testing and yet the same two entities (that tested ad-nauseum pre-testing-restrictions) win the majority of the events. How's that working out for NHRA? What next?

Paul...I'll start a new monitor charity organization right after that little white and orange ticket has the right numbers on it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back