Another Unemployed TF Driver (1 Viewer)

Re: Another Unemplyed TF Driver

Don't know who told you this, but this is a LIE! :mad:

Driver herself told me she bought everything with her. In fact, Foley gave her her driving suit back to her as she was leaving the premises that day.

Looking back Sam, it could have all been a fabrication.

The person calling me from the track that day to say there might be a driving/team collaboration opportunity available could have heard the story from the originator.

The team authorized spokesperson I called the next day surely would have been in on the ruse.

When I talked to Doug a few days later he had plenty of time to rehearse.

If it is/was a fabrication, it sure was a difficult way just to change drivers because of money.

In the "good ole days", more of the people with money were into cars and mechanically inclined. The cars were simpler and it took only two or three to run a top car. You could go buy your motor at KB's, Pink's or Waterman's, get a chassis and go race. Seldom did they work on the cars at the track.

Today, it takes a small company of individuals to run a car. That is the biggest factor today that keeps car counts down. Get 8 - 12 individuals together that work, travel, and do a lot of socializing together and see how long you can stand the drama that develops.

I believe the reason the super categories are thriving is that a person can buy his quality equipment, go out and compete by him/her self or with one helper. I know pro-comp was popular at the beginning because you could run a blown car with a driver and one helper. Not today.

Jessie absolutely did not have a suit, that I know first-hand.

And I can guarantee 110% that finances were never, are not now, and will never be an issue for Dote Racing, which is alive and well. Foley was paid very well. I'm not throwing anyone under a bus or anything else. Facts are facts.
Thanks for shedding some light, Kirby!

Thanks for jumping in.

Remembering Otter Pops, Big Daddy's Bar BQ and the like, I tend to temper my enthusiasm with skepticism. It's a coping mechanism.

Jessie absolutely did not have a suit, that I know first-hand.

And I can guarantee 110% that finances were never, are not now, and will never be an issue for Dote Racing, which is alive and well. Foley was paid very well. I'm not throwing anyone under a bus or anything else. Facts are facts.

I believe the reason the super categories are thriving is that a person can buy his quality equipment, go out and compete by him/her self or with one helper.

I know personally that this is quite true. You can put together and operate a fast car, go the better part of 200mph, and battle in some of the most competitive racing there is, by yourself or with one spouse/parent/child/friend and have a great weekend. Great fun.

"Today, it takes a small company of individuals to run a car. That is the biggest factor today that keeps car counts down. Get 8 - 12 individuals together that work, travel, and do a lot of socializing together and see how long you can stand the drama that develops."

Exactly and who can afford to pay 10 people to be on the road full time?

"Today, it takes a small company of individuals to run a car. That is the biggest factor today that keeps car counts down. Get 8 - 12 individuals together that work, travel, and do a lot of socializing together and see how long you can stand the drama that develops."

Exactly and who can afford to pay 10 people to be on the road full time?

Rich, there are many that have done that! John Mitchell, Dexter Tuttle, Ralph White, and there are more I'm sure. But either way they can only afford to run 8-10 races a year depending on the economy!

I know personally that this is quite true. You can put together and operate a fast car, go the better part of 200mph, and battle in some of the most competitive racing there is, by yourself or with one spouse/parent/child/friend and have a great weekend. Great fun.

I Bet some of those S/G-S/C cars are Far more expensive then people think! Walk the pits and look at some of the Rigs these teams have! Even better are the teams with 3-4 cars in their pits! The only cheap drag racing anymore is your 12-13 sec. Bracket car!

I Bet some of those S/G-S/C cars are Far more expensive then people think! Walk the pits and look at some of the Rigs these teams have! Even better are the teams with 3-4 cars in their pits! The only cheap drag racing anymore is your 12-13 sec. Bracket car!
There are some pretty nice operations in the sportsman ranks Joe, but have you seen some of the rigs at a jr dragster race! Once the inital purchase has been made for the rig and the race car, it is pretty low maintnance from there on out. Most sportsman stay at the track in their rigs and that saves them a lot of money. As you know staying in hotels and eating in restaurants every day can get pretty expensive.:)

Last edited:

Hey Mike I seen you on tv today helping the Greek try to make 2nd round. I hope you guys made it ok.:)

Yea I was over there just trying to help where I could. Greek was seemed pretty happy to be going to second round.

I must apologize, I have been defending Doug in this situation and now I find out that his actions over the past year are not defendable. And shouldn't be defended, and I won't again.

And with what I now know about his charactor, it just may be very possible that he did set Jesse up for her downfall.

Virgil, I've never met you, but I admire a person who can change their view of a situation by being made aware of new and different facts. Too many times people stick with their opinions/beliefs due to ignorance or ego, or both.:)

I rarely post to these boards, but it's rare to see such personal integrity on display. Thumbs up to Virgil Hartman.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back