Where does DRO Come up with this stuff- E-Town Gone after 2013 (1 Viewer)

Would the lawsuit really stand up in court? I don't think it would.

Not to add more to this random speculation, but a lawsuit doesn't have to "stand up in court" to cost millions. The legal fees alone in a wrongful death suit, before the first courtroom threshold is crossed, can be catastrophic to a defendant.

I am not a lawyer, but I can guess that the placement of certain fixtures would have at least one of those cases dancing promptly past the signed liability waiver and into the world of predictable hazard and/or negligence pretty quickly.

I've heard from some pretty reliable sources in recent times that not only are there those two lawsuits, but a few other as well stemming from various incidents there. I'm sure they've endured many before, including from the clueless neighbors, but the cost of continually fighting these has got to be draining. That said, I hope all of this is BS and the race does not go away. It's a fixture on the circuit, and in my backyard.

I saw that there were entire sections at Dover empty and repaced by ads.

just about every single venue in all forms of motorsports have been doing this for a couple of years now.

Makes sense given the economic times. You know the seats are gonna be empty, why not generate SOME form of revenue from the real estate?

In the big scheme of things, Englishtown is the final or last cog in the lawsuit chain. The insurance holder is #1, NHRA is #2 since in essence they are the renter of the facility and they approve the venue with their safety requirements installed for the Full Throttle race, and thirdly the track owners themselves.

Dean

I've heard from some pretty reliable sources in recent times that not only are there those two lawsuits, but a few other as well stemming from various incidents there. I'm sure they've endured many before, including from the clueless neighbors, but the cost of continually fighting these has got to be draining. That said, I hope all of this is BS and the race does not go away. It's a fixture on the circuit, and in my backyard.

I still think the Neal Parker one is ridiculous, there's just too much to clearly prove RP as the ones to take the blame.

Again compare it to the year before with Nothstein and Alexis, I strongly believe it's a car thing, Neal Never Ran an NHRA National event until that day.

Kalitta, that was a car thing too. That weekend something was not right with the car, either it smoked the tires or it had something not right in the full pull (I go back to the little flash in the Friday night session that year).

It's one of the million times where there are rumors the track is closing going back to 2008 and beyond.

RP is the Baby of the 3 NJ Tracks (Atco & Island are over 50 years old), it should not be the youngest to die.

Maybe it's my loyalty to the track that makes me defend it. If RP Goes over I'm done with Drag Racing forever because I couldn't live with myself without it, maybe it destroys my life for good.

Last edited:
I still think the Neal Parker one is ridiculous, there's just too much to clearly prove RP as the ones to take the blame.

Again compare it to the year before with Nothstein and Alexis, I strongly believe it's a car thing, Neal Never Ran an NHRA National event until that day.

Kalitta, that was a car thing too. That weekend something was not right with the car, either it smoked the tires or it had something not right in the full pull (I go back to the little flash in the Friday night session that year).

It's one of the million times where there are rumors the track is closing going back to 2008 and beyond.

RP is the Baby of the 3 NJ Tracks (Atco & Island are over 50 years old), it should not be the youngest to die.

Maybe it's my loyalty to the track that makes me defend it. If RP Goes over I'm done with Drag Racing forever because I couldn't live with myself without it, maybe it destroys my life for good.

Mind you I only been going there for 15 of my 28 years, it's always been a major part of my life and that's not even because of the 1 NHRA race.

Mind you I only been going there for 15 of my 28 years, it's always been a major part of my life and that's not even because of the 1 NHRA race.

the thing is with me, as I said, I've been going to the nationals for 20 years. That means that there have been years (10 to be exact) that the ONLY Time I went to RP was for the Nationals and not for anything else. Obviously the last couple of years I've been going more frequently for the Points Race, Shakedown Nationals (formerly Shakedown@E-town), Thrill Shows, Their Index Series (8.50, 10.00 11.50), their Big Tire Outlaw Series, The Nostalgia Summernationals and more.

That said if they lose their NHRA Sanctioning and Feld takes over and they hold NitroJam (you know this track would get a NitroJam without question, maybe even a Monster Jam event because Monster Trucks are their driving force at thrill shows and they can get the big stars again like Meents and much more). Maybe I'd still go. I know for a fact if RP does go the way of the Dodo bird because of the ridiculous court system that "if you want to prove you're not wrong you have to bankrupt yourself to do so, best to just own up even if you and others know deep down your not" or neighbors who never were clueless and knew but don't care because they're yuppies (there's gotta be yuppies in the vicinity) who think their **** don't stink and want everyone to pander to them with Silver Platters and Golden Utensils because they're such snobs. I mean look at the houses to the east of the track on Pension Rd (not going towards 527, I mean towards Union Hill Rd) they look like they're up there in value enough for the snobs.

I dont think the nhra should race anywhere that they can't safely run 1320. emotions aside, the place is outdated and can't be fixed. Fenway park added thousands of seats and modern amenities.

There's no fixing the length of that track.

I dont think the nhra should race anywhere that they can't safely run 1320. emotions aside, the place is outdated and can't be fixed. Fenway park added thousands of seats and modern amenities.

I'll tell you this for sure, this year's nationals NOT ONE car went off into the beach this weekend.

I guess Pomona would be gone also. :rolleyes: Yeah, leave the 2 biggest media markets in the country, that makes sense. Just in case you haven't realized this yet, but 1320 isn't coming back for the nitro classes anytime soon.

I guess Pomona would be gone also. :rolleyes: Yeah, leave the 2 biggest media markets in the country, that makes sense. Just in case you haven't realized this yet, but 1320 isn't coming back for the nitro classes anytime soon.
You guys all understand the $$ value of the property RP sits on in that part of the country, right?

What if ... The current generation of ownership realized they (and their children) could walk away from all headaches associated with this type of business and be far wealthier than ever before and never work another day in their life or find something else to do?

Maybe NHRA would be as suprised by a decision not to renew as the fans (if it were to actually occur). Very upscale area these days, I am sure they get offers constantly from developers and maybe they are becoming to sweet to resist. Why invest your own money in rennovation, when you take all of someone else's and walk away.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
I mean look at the houses to the east of the track on Pension Rd (not going towards 527, I mean towards Union Hill Rd) they look like they're up there in value enough for the snobs.

I heard all kinds of things to down by texas rd that development the residents all complain they can't be home wednesday nights and others because of how it's overpowering in their backyard, but I have heard the owners of the development told them nothing about the track and the police has an influx of calls from people not knowing wtf that was.

I also have a beef with union hill rd. as anyone going to the nationals knows you dont go to or leave the track via texas road if time is something you value. The residents there complain like hell all the time yet I can't tell you how many also mooch off the traffic. Ever nothing how many garage sales they have the weekend of the nats over the years. I mean you either whine about the track or you don't; don't whine and then try and profit off of the people. I do feel it's the realtors and the development owners as much at fault, i doubt they are saying much anything negative about the track even being there and just looking for the closed deal.

I heard all kinds of things to down by texas rd that development the residents all complain they can't be home wednesday nights and others because of how it's overpowering in their backyard, but I have heard the owners of the development told them nothing about the track and the police has an influx of calls from people not knowing wtf that was.

I also have a beef with union hill rd. as anyone going to the nationals knows you dont go to or leave the track via texas road if time is something you value. The residents there complain like hell all the time yet I can't tell you how many also mooch off the traffic. Ever nothing how many garage sales they have the weekend of the nats over the years. I mean you either whine about the track or you don't; don't whine and then try and profit off of the people. I do feel it's the realtors and the development owners as much at fault, i doubt they are saying much anything negative about the track even being there and just looking for the closed deal.

During the Nationals, I went Right on Union Hill to come out by the Plaza on 527 and made a right and got on Mounts Mills Rd to get to 522 en route to the Courtyard in Cranbury where I stayed.

Still it's Yuppieland, They've always been snobby tools. I actually saw Toll Brothers Houses (I Swear if I have to see that Stinkin sign one more time.....:mad:) on 522 past Mounts Mills Road when I went the long way on Saturday to go to QuickChek.

Hey Rob,

Didn't you tell me you worked for the track? And now you're saying you only go a couple of events a year? I'm confused.

Alan

Hey Rob,

Didn't you tell me you worked for the track? And now you're saying you only go a couple of events a year? I'm confused.

Alan

I don't get any paychecks from RP.

That said, I am more on their Press List so I can take videos at RP for whatever events I can do. Last year I went to more events (15) that I've ever have since 1992. This year It has gone down a tinge with the dropping of Friday Nights with 14 at the most (could drop with Weather and more)

Not likely at all that the Kalitta family is suing. Guys I know involved in Alcohol funny car racing swear Mrs. Parker is suing.
Just for perspective, the second biggest profit center for Raceway Park is the two swap meets.
At one time the land their on was super valuable as a development site. The Napps would have done the developing themselves. The family's construction back ground would have made that possible. The area is no longer as ripe for a huge development today. Things change, the situation is different. Another question is the abilities of the current generation to pull off a giant development scheme.

This is an interesting thread, and while I have zero knowledge about the track losing and/or canceling their involvement with NHRA, there’s one area that no one’s touched on yet.

New York is the nation’s largest media market with a population count to match. According to numerous business-oriented web sites the (technically spelled out) New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA market is far and away the nation’s largest.

NHRA just announced the race in Epping for next year. The Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH market is ranked Number 9.

Why would NHRA “voluntarily” trade the nation’s Number 1 market for Number 9? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Being able to tell potential series sponsors (and even team sponsors) that NHRA appears nine of the Top 10 markets (currently missing only Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV) is a strong selling point.

Regarding lawsuits, NHRA faces a number of them every single year, just as does every other motorsports organization. Some have merit, most don’t. They’re just part of the cost of doing business.

I do know that there was a good faith offer made to the ownership group at E-town some years back of $12M, which they rejected. I would assume that even in these times a sale of the property would net considerably more than that. There’s a lot of ground there, and at some point it seems reasonable to assume that taking the money and closing the track would make like easier for the Napp family.

Jon Asher

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back