There's Trouble Brewing with Nitro (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
An open letter from Dale Pulde made public yesterday on Facebook (Nostalgia Top Fuel page):

From
Dale Pulde <[email protected]>
CcBcc
To
Nostalgia Top fuel and others
This is a message to the racers on the Mach Series Race Fuel and Nitromethane Facebook Group and others.

I have been using Nitromethane for over 50 years and selling it for over 15 years. I supply a lot of the West Coast Nostalgia cars including trying to service the March Meet in Bakersfield, CA. In addition, Boise UNFC races and others. Like most, I Import it from China. I have looked into better pricing in many other areas however, it was always going to be a product of China.

In 2020 I sold 40 drums of nitro to Tony Shortall for his blending of Model airplane fuel etc. On or around June of 2021, I received this flyer on the Computer about this pretty fair deal for Nitromethane. NOT from China. Later they came out with a copy of a pretty good COA, Chemical of Analysis. After dealing with what Evan Knoll was trying to sell at the last of his Torco days, I told Tony that Evan's Nitro was PURE CRAP!!! I wanted nothing to do with it if Knoll was involved. Tony promised me Evan was only there to help him with the contacts and selling the fertilizer. By the PRI show in Dec of 2021, I told Tony I wanted a container then sent $8K December 8, 2021. The next month, January 18, & 25th, 2022, I wired Tony as much as $46K. By early Feb. 2022, by that time, I would normally have a container at port from China. Except Tony kept promising the fuel was coming, yet, It was now coming from FRANCE, a few weeks before the 2022 March Meet. We had NO PROOF the nitro was coming or any substantiating documents from Shortall SHOWING IT BEING SHIPPED. PETE DOVE ALSO HAD NITRO COMING FROM TONY Shortall ALL DUE AT THE SAME TIME. $69K from PETE to Shortall; THEN WE discover SCOTT GAULTER WAS ANOTHER FISH for $69K. FOR ME I HAD TO COVER THE 2022 MARCH MEET WITH 30 PLUS DRUMS AND SHIPPING.

I bought 14 drums from VP at $1,850.00 per drum and I got what I could from Schumacher. $1850.00 a drum versus the $1,250.00 I had it sold for. Who makes up for that??? EVAN? TONY? In addition to having to buy another full container from China. $99K PREPAID to the port of LA. Then I had to pay back what I needed after the 2022 March Meet. Racers back here in the Midwest, I owed10 drums, 24 drums and also needed to cover Boise. NOW I read Evan claims to be getting it from INDIA because of NO tariff. BULLSHIT!!!!!! My Homeland Security guy tells us there is NO nitro made in France!! NONE!!!! India Nitro comes from China, which also has to get the Tariff. TONY SHORTALL has paid myself $20K and Pete Dove back $20K. Which does not cover it even 1/2, including what we borrowed to cover the loss of having to replace the Nitro we still do not have. NOW where did the fuel come from with the Shortall's phony COA? Anyone get any? NOPE! Sounds like another BULLSHIT story. This story can go on all night.

TONY has not returned my call in since March 16th, BUT has his girlfriend run interference for him while he is off helping people with Cars. And a vacation in Mexico. Anyone notice any car Tony is with that runs competitively? There is ALSO a top tuner from Capco or AAron Brooks, John Stewart, Laganas? there? Shortall is nothing but lies with Smoke and Mirrors.

Also, Shortall's SilverthornIndustries.com web page is completely a fabricated lie. The website shows a Ray Paggi patient that was assigned to Shortal etc. FOR WHAT? SO Buyers beware!!! Shortall lists his mailing address on his webpage. This is nothing more than a PO Box in Brownsburg, IN.

MAILING/BILLING:​

Silverthorn Industries LLC
411 E Northfield Drive
Suite 1158
Brownsburg, IN 46112

His webpage shows a warehouse address in Greenwood, IN. Again, this is nothing more than a storage facility.

MANUFACTURING/WAREHOUSE:​

Silverthorn Industries LLC
545 Christy Drive
Unit 8106
Greenwood, IN 46143

Shortall also has no product on his website available for purchase. All smoke and mirrors.

When I order/purchase a container from China, the China manufacturer immediately sends me a United States Coast Guard (USCG) Vessel Identification number and an International Maritime Organization (IMO) number which is a unique identifier for ship owners and management companies. For complete transparency, all Vessels and Ships can be tracked live minute by minute from any port. My fuel is shipped from China to the US port and can be tracked live at the following sites below. There is no reason to make a shipment source confidential like Shortall & Knoll are doing....except they have made it as part of their scam. I encourage you to take a look and see exactly how much incoming and outgoing marine traffic there is on a daily basis.
www.vesselfinder.com
www.marinetracker.com

Last edited:
Somewhere around 2008, we ran a drum of the "cheap China" Nitro in NTF. That stuff was shit. Very abrasive, like a solvent. Clear, instead of yellow. And was full of trash, it was very dirty and had to be very well filtered. On top of that, the car ran like shit. The only upside, if you could call it that, was the drums were actually 55 gallons, compared to "real China" Nitro that are 40 or 44 gallons in a 55 gallon drum, as per federal regulations.

It's my understanding that there is a difference between a barrel and a drum;

A barrel typically = 42 gallons
A drum typically = 54 gallons

It's my understanding that there is a difference between a barrel and a drum;

A barrel typically = 42 gallons
A drum typically = 54 gallons
Correct. Asked my dad tonight - he used to work for Atlantic Richfield at their crude oil and refined product tank farms. He confirmed a barrel is 42 gallons and a drum is 54 gallons.

Knoll gets out of prison and gets right back into crooked race fuel deals??? Weird. I can't believe ANYONE in the racing industry would do business with him ever again.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought his whole deal and what got him popped was false book keeping and tax evasion. I know the fallout did affect a lot of people and teams when the sponsorship money vanished overnight but I did not think he directly screwed anyone or stole from anyone, except the government, unlike a certain former funny car racer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought his whole deal and what got him popped was false book keeping and tax evasion. I know the fallout did affect a lot of people and teams when the sponsorship money vanished overnight but I did not think he directly screwed anyone or stole from anyone, except the government, unlike a certain former funny car racer.
I’d argue that he screwed a lot of teams and drivers by promising money (probably triggering the teams and drivers to spend money, expecting inflow from Torco) and not delivering said money.

When thinking of thieves in general, they steal from who they can, and everyone is fair game.

To be clear, Dale's issue is with Tony Shortall who made commitments and and so far has failed to deliver.

" Tony promised me (Dale) Evan was only there to help him with the contacts and selling the fertilizer.

Screwing the Government is screwing every taxpayer!

Pulde has no one to blame but himself.
if it looks to good to be true it likely is. Containers out of China are not coming like they use to as there is a container shortage so given the benefit of the doubt that could be an issue but you have to be concerned with the lack of transprency.

I’d argue that he screwed a lot of teams and drivers by promising money (probably triggering the teams and drivers to spend money, expecting inflow from Torco) and not delivering said money.

When thinking of thieves in general, they steal from who they can, and everyone is fair game.

I know of at least one top fuel team that ordered a new chassis based on a sponsorship commitment from Torco that never happened.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back