Prock to Schumacher? (1 Viewer)

Wasn't that the year they would have won the title if they had just gone and tried to qualify in Canada? What was that, about '92 or '93?

That would have been 1992, it was between Amato, Bernstein, and Cory Mac going into Pomona with Amato winning the title.

You are correct Tim, Prock was offered and declined. The latest rumor just that.....a rumor!

Tony and Don got use to something he won't have ever again and the fact he is no longer the guy might have something to do with it.
I knew Mike Green wasn't going to measure up to the likes of Alan Johnson and it was wrong for anybody to assume it.
If it wasn't for Alan leaving his book with that camp they would be in worse shape. Tony is now just one of the pack and this weekend in Gainsville will probably become the norm as many predicted.

Last edited:
I bet Don will come on here and set it straight. I don't believe anything until I hear it from the parties involved.

I bet Don will come on here and set it straight. I don't believe anything until I hear it from the parties involved.

Set what straight Suzie it's a rumor. Don has came on here before and denied rumors that then became true so no such thing as setting things straight....:rolleyes:
Even if it was true I don't blame them from trying to improve the operation.
I won't be surprised to see Lee Beard tunning the car somewhere down the line if the situation doesn't improve that's the nature of the sport.

Sounds like BS to me too, but I'd have to say that Prock would probably be the only person out there that could AJ a run for his money in the TF tuning talent department.

I could see a set of factors that would make a Prock defection possible. I think Prock as a crew chief on Tony's car would be the only combo that would have a chance of stopping the absolute lock of an AJ/Dixon 2009 TF championship. The sooner it took place the more likely would be success. Don likes to win. Maybe a little "Neff" retribution might be lurking in the dark places of DSR, sometimes the better angels don't win.

There has to be something better to start a thread about.

Don

Oh come on Don, you read the Mater a lot, apparently... This is vastly less crazy than many threads here. At least it has something to do with Drag Racing, and it doesn't mention Tom Compton, Graham Light, or you in the same sentence with the Devil... :cool:

Oh come on Don, you read the Mater a lot, apparently... This is vastly less crazy than many threads here. At least it has something to do with Drag Racing, and it doesn't mention Tom Compton, Graham Light, or you in the same sentence with the Devil... :cool:

Darn Chris, ya beat me to it.;)

I was thinking that Don must be a newbie here on Mater!:rolleyes:

There has to be something better to start a thread about.

Don

LOL. You sir are one of the few who just plain get it. Props to ya.

And your right there are better things. Much better. Let see here...

Don Schumacher to buy NHRA...;)
Don Schumacher considers buying John Force Racing lock stock and barrel...:eek:
Mr. Schumacher buying all of China's refineries to produce and plans run the world on Nitromethane...:)
Schu plans to buy entire country of Qatar to get AJ back...:D

Prock is good but i'm not sure i'm ready to put him in the same class as AJ !! in fact i'm willing to bet that around this time next year or even before that, Dixon will replace Schumacher as the all time winningest TF driver.

Prock is good but i'm not sure i'm ready to put him in the same class as AJ !! in fact i'm willing to bet that around this time next year or even before that, Dixon will replace Schumacher as the all time winningest TF driver.

He's already proven he's in the same class as AJ back in his TF days. Prock tuned Amato to a bunch (AJ didn't tune shoe to all of his wins either) of his wins when he WAS the all time winningest TF driver, plus he probably would have a championship ring if CMac would have went to Sanair back in... 92?

Sorry James, I disagree. I'm sure others would disagree as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back