Prock to Schumacher? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
Talks are underway to get Jimmy Prock into the Schumacher camp by mid season. This was news flash on a racing radio show today. Anyone else know or hear anything?

So...is this a trade talk? Like Prock to DSR for Mike Green and a crew member to be named later?
Paging Mr Songas?

What could Mr. Prock possibly gain from a move like that? $ Money ? I would presume Mr. Force to be a generous employer to someone with the obvious talents of Mr. Prock. I call BS on the rumor... Unless its panic time at DSR. Hire me a tune up Damn It !

What could Mr. Prock possibly gain from a move like that? $ Money ? I would presume Mr. Force to be a generous employer to someone with the obvious talents of Mr. Prock. I call BS on the rumor... Unless its panic time at DSR. Hire me a tune up Damn It !
Exactly my thoughts!

I have no clue if there is any validity to this rumor. But, I will say this: If I owned a Top Fuel car that I really really wanted to win the Full Throttle championship, and if Alan Johnson were not available, I would want Mr. Prock to be my tuner.

With the rise of Guido and the fact that Hight is the guy that everyone says is going to win it and never does tells me he might actually be expendable in a budget crisis.

A move like this might work well for both teams. Prock appears to have AJ's technical genius, but he lacks the other part the makes AJ a man among boys... restraint.

Mark

im probably going to jinx the whole thing, but i could almost say with certainty that force will never let prock go unless the whole JFR organization was in tremendous turmoil.

As much as I like him with Robert, It would be pretty cool to see him go back with cory mac and have a mac attack reunion

If I remember right Ken Black wanted to start a funny car team last year with Scelzi driving and Prock tuning, but Prock didnt want to leave JFR. From what I remember was that Ken Black was determined to start the team, but wasnt going to do so UNLESS he got Prock to tune. This was all to take place with Shumacher being a team manager or on a lease similar to what Cory Mac did.

If I remember right Ken Black wanted to start a funny car team last year with Scelzi driving and Prock tuning, but Prock didnt want to leave JFR. From what I remember was that Ken Black was determined to start the team, but wasnt going to do so UNLESS he got Prock to tune. This was all to take place with Shumacher being a team manager or on a lease similar to what Cory Mac did.
You are correct Tim, Prock was offered and declined. The latest rumor just that.....a rumor!

They were such a sick team back in the day, they really should have won at least 1 title they were a part time team then too, speaks volumes to how good they were

Wasn't that the year they would have won the title if they had just gone and tried to qualify in Canada? What was that, about '92 or '93?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back