Pro stock gets the shaft (1 Viewer)

I hate to be so negative but that sucked! Half the PS and half the PS motorcycle runs. It is confusing to see a driver you assumed had lost because you did not seen them win the previous rounds. How disappointing is it for a fan to tune in to see their favorite driver and NHRA does not even show them! They were already talking about the final round an hour and a half hour in! For those saying they need to cut runs for time I remind you it takes 10 seconds to show staging and the run. They sure don't act like time is running short when they talk and talk and talk confusing me half way through. They show the same pre tape segments over and over. It is not fair to someone's sponsor when a team worked hard to qualify then not get one second of eyeballs on a three hour program. I saved an hour fast forwarding through pre tapes having already seen them during qualifying. I want to try all access but I don't know that I can devote that much time. I would get a more complete picture of what happened by going to NHRA.com after the race and looking at the ladder. NHRA was one of the few reasons why I have kept cable. Not sure I'm going to waste that money much longer......

Last edited:
pretty soon it will be the nitro nationals on fs1 and then pro stock on fs2 which nobody gets like pro mod.

pretty soon it will be the nitro nationals on fs1 and then pro stock on fs2 which nobody gets like pro mod.
Why cant they explain what each car does during EITHER qualfying or eliminations,why does it have to be both. To much yapping and not enough racing being shown except for the stupid replays on the rd to the finals. FS1 is worse than espn imo. just show the finals live,and take the time to go thru elims and not rush thru it

Maybe they should change the PS cars' fuel to Nitro... no other changes... They are fuel-injected now, so, that shouldn't be hard to to.... stronger pistons and rods, 50% and let er fly... lol!

Maybe then, people would pay atttention??? VROOM...VROOM.....

Well. it was just a thought...

No, you ranted about that so much last month that they changed that too. Now all you hear are cars and can barely hear the announcers. :p
really hmmm maybe ill have to give that a try again,thx for the heads up!!!!! Who doesnt want to hear the cars???

I think one of the biggest improvements that can be made would be to spend a lot more time on the privateers that are coming out to mix it up with the big teams, in all the classes. I know we're struggling to have full and overflow fields these days, but there is new blood coming in and trying to grow their programs. They need more airtime, which will no doubt help their efforts in attracting money.

why show Pro Stock, we already know it's going to be a KB racing final. I can't say I have watched FS1 since I got all access when it started. I can now go back to basic cable, instead of having to upgrade to get FS1.

What Mike said. And the others are almost as predictable. Even tho I've got some buddies on those winning teams, when it's DSR, DSR, Summit, & Harley repeatedly in the winners circle, the predictability makes it less exciting. I don't like to point out a problem without offering a solution, but I just don't know what will help.

Maybe they should change the PS cars' fuel to Nitro... no other changes... They are fuel-injected now, so, that shouldn't be hard to to.... stronger pistons and rods, 50% and let er fly... lol!

Maybe then, people would pay atttention??? VROOM...VROOM.....

Well. it was just a thought...
Wrong kind of fuel injection

While it does get somewhat boring when a team dominates, it gets exciting when someone catches and overtakes them, which always happens. Did anyone stop watching races back when Snake won almost everything in sight during a certain time of the "glory days"? It's pretty cool to see Shane knocking on the KB team's door, there'll be more...

Or,.....how about JFR, how many years in a row? Total? Percentage of all Championships? Talk about domination

No one should be upset when the big teams constantly win. It's an odds game. If you have more cars in the game you have a better chance to win. And more of a chance to lose. The domination the Summit team has had is great, IMO. They have mastered this EFI change over better and sooner than the other teams. They are being rewarded for their efforts with wins. Just that simple.

A lot of people on this forum have fallen into this PC crap thinking that it's just not fair that other teams don't win too. Maybe the NHRA should put handicaps on cars that win too much. Kinda like they did by making the early 70's PS Hemi's run more weight. Racing should not be a social experiment.

Also, every week we have Tony P school us in what a TF car is. 15 mins later he tells us that a FC has a nitro engine just like a TF car. 15 mins after that he tells us that PS cars have wheelie bars. I don't know who is responsible for Tony's info sessions but I'm getting a little tired of the NHRA talking down to us. Mike Dunn would get down in the pits and give us good tech info about how these cars work. I know that Tony could educate us on the same material. Come on NHRA, let him do it! I know that they are trying to educate the newbies but they are forgetting that there are seasoned viewers watching who would like info that is a little more technical. Make the show too simple and the regular viewers might leave.

And they still haven't improved the legibility of the text after the runs (ET, Speed and RT).

Except for not showing the race at the scheduled times and delaying the race to continue the Rio Linda, CA junior high school double dutch jump rope championship, ESPN had a much better show. FS1 should look at what ESPN did and improve their broadcast.

Yea im kinda tired of the T Ped this is what a nitro car does,yada yada yada. waste of time,show racing instead. the constant replays, yada yada yada,show all the classes not part of it. And dave Reiff has worn out this is a chamber of commerce day lol.

yes john haus to everything you said.......but i do understand the live concept as the race finishes at a reasonable time on
sunday afternoons......with nhra controlling the production, wouldn't it be worth a shot to produce a 3 hour show showing tape delayed
1st three rounds, then live for finals and trophy presentation?....worth a shot rite?....as long as you're calling your own shots, why not
try a few different presentations, watch your ratings, try to get reaction by viewers (like rite here), see what works best.
have to agree with others, the achilles heel rite now with live semis and finals is the gap between them.

You guys seriously didn't find it eye opening to learn that TF & FCs are high powered race cars? :D

No one should be upset when the big teams constantly win. It's an odds game. If you have more cars in the game you have a better chance to win. And more of a chance to lose. The domination the Summit team has had is great, IMO. They have mastered this EFI change over better and sooner than the other teams. They are being rewarded for their efforts with wins. Just that simple.

A lot of people on this forum have fallen into this PC crap thinking that it's just not fair that other teams don't win too. Maybe the NHRA should put handicaps on cars that win too much. Kinda like they did by making the early 70's PS Hemi's run more weight. Racing should not be a social experiment.

Also, every week we have Tony P school us in what a TF car is. 15 mins later he tells us that a FC has a nitro engine just like a TF car. 15 mins after that he tells us that PS cars have wheelie bars. I don't know who is responsible for Tony's info sessions but I'm getting a little tired of the NHRA talking down to us. Mike Dunn would get down in the pits and give us good tech info about how these cars work. I know that Tony could educate us on the same material. Come on NHRA, let him do it! I know that they are trying to educate the newbies but they are forgetting that there are seasoned viewers watching who would like info that is a little more technical. Make the show too simple and the regular viewers might leave.

And they still haven't improved the legibility of the text after the runs (ET, Speed and RT).

Except for not showing the race at the scheduled times and delaying the race to continue the Rio Linda, CA junior high school double dutch jump rope championship, ESPN had a much better show. FS1 should look at what ESPN did and improve their broadcast.
John - Tony P and the segments are not talking down to "YOU". They are not geared toward you. So you fashion yourself as an expert, don't listen to the segment. The team is trying to educate the less knowledgeable NHRA fan base. I agree they are a bit too "dumbed down", but I get what they are trying to do.

You might be surprised how little the star struck fan really knows. Heard a group of guys at a recent event walking on the track after the event and the older guy (I am assuming Dad) tells the younger members of the group that all the rubber buildup at the end of track is to help slow the cars down. You can't make this stuff up, but most fans don't know a lot about the cars or the sport but they enjoy the rush of it. This is where the helpful segments are geared towards. Not the all knowing Mater members.

AND ... remember, Tony only is only doing what his producers want. I am sure these aren't his idea.

Even though I poked a little fun in my post above, I don't mind the little educational segments because as Jim stated, many fans don't know as much as we diehards think that they do. And better yet, if we want to attract brand new people, there's nothing wrong with taking a few minutes during a telecast to teach some basics. When people become more knowledgeable, they are more likely to become invested. That translates into more fans in the stands, TV viewers, and even future racers and sponsors.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back