Pro stock gets the shaft (1 Viewer)

John - Tony P and the segments are not talking down to "YOU". They are not geared toward you. So you fashion yourself as an expert, don't listen to the segment. The team is trying to educate the less knowledgeable NHRA fan base. I agree they are a bit too "dumbed down", but I get what they are trying to do.

You might be surprised how little the star struck fan really knows. Heard a group of guys at a recent event walking on the track after the event and the older guy (I am assuming Dad) tells the younger members of the group that all the rubber buildup at the end of track is to help slow the cars down. You can't make this stuff up, but most fans don't know a lot about the cars or the sport but they enjoy the rush of it. This is where the helpful segments are geared towards. Not the all knowing Mater members.

AND ... remember, Tony only is only doing what his producers want. I am sure these aren't his idea.

Yup! Diamond P use to do the same thing. The sports needs new fans and with 4 pro classes, they need to know whats what.

TPed always leads off explaining that the information is for the newer fans. We should be proud that there are newer fans.

Are there "new" fans, we need "young" fans
Every event I go to looks like the Nursing, Retirement, Assisted living homes were having a field trip day.

Are there "new" fans, we need "young" fans
Every event I go to looks like the Nursing, Retirement, Assisted living homes were having a field trip day.
Yes, Ken, we need young fans... and old fans! We need all fans!

Clifford and the new team are well aware and are changing the programs in ways that they believe will lure them in. Positive comments from Nitromater have probably contributed to some of the changes so keep 'em coming, folks. Negative stuff... not so much.

Yes there's a lot of gray hair at the races, that's to be expected, folks that were fans 20,30, or 40 years ago are still fans. But, I do see a lot of younger fans, and racers, at the track as well. Definitely an area that needs a lot of work, and it's a demographic that's chased by many a sport/business.

Yes, Ken, we need young fans... and old fans! We need all fans!

Clifford and the new team are well aware and are changing the programs in ways that they believe will lure them in. Positive comments from Nitromater have probably contributed to some of the changes so keep 'em coming, folks. Negative stuff... not so much.
Negative not so much my butt...

Yes there's a lot of gray hair at the races, that's to be expected, folks that were fans 20,30, or 40 years ago are still fans. But, I do see a lot of younger fans, and racers, at the track as well. Definitely an area that needs a lot of work, and it's a demographic that's chased by many a sport/business.

You left out the 50 and 60 years ago group. Many of that age group actually raced when it was possible for the average person or group of friends to build and race competitively. .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back