Pray for Eric Medlen!!! (1 Viewer)

I will add my prayers and vibes to Eric Medlen and family. Hoping for nothing but the best of news. ITs hard reading a lot of the speculation, I am going to anxiously await the news conference, with fingers crossed.

:(

I just hope he gets better and back to 100%. I wish all the best to the familes involved and to all of us who have met him/known him in getting though this difficult time. We take a risk whenever we step in the shower and this situation is no different. Prayers, good thoughts, communication all go a long way toward helping everyone involved. Although we may not be able to communicate directly with Eric, we can contact those folks around him (whom we already have a relationship with), and express our support and willingness to be of assistance. Sometimes a small task such as getting the mail or taking out the household trash for someone can be a very big deal...

You know it's serious when a drag racing accident makes the sports ticker on TSN in Canada. Keeping positive thoughts in mind for you Eric.

You never know when it's your turn. I think everybody watchs a race and becomes immune to just exactly how fast they are going. Personally, I hope they park Ashley's FC, because she isn't close to being ready, and it certainly isn't worth the risk. I would think she would gain better experience in TF in this point of her career..
AA/FC is no place to cut your teeth because you are in deep trouble before you blink..

Eric is one tough SOB.
He's going to be fine...

thats what happen here yesterday we had over 20,000 visits in a couple hours and it crashed the database.

Thanks for posting that. If I could I would like to ask everybody not to post what you don't know is true. IT DOES NOT HELP ANYBODY.

Thank you

Dan

I dont know how accurate this is but this is what I told by someone who I would think would know whats going on.

Eric is in the hospital under critical condition with bleeding of the brain. He is currently in a coma with having 49 lbs of pressure on his head which doctors have reduced down to 20 lbs. They must wait for the pressure to reach 0 lbs before drilling a hole into his head to release the blood.

Get well buddy! We are all pulling for you.

I dont know how accurate this is but this is what I told by someone who I would think would know whats going on.

Eric is in the hospital under critical condition with bleeding of the brain. He is currently in a coma with having 49 lbs of pressure on his head which doctors have reduced down to 20 lbs. They must wait for the pressure to reach 0 lbs before drilling a hole into his head to release the blood.

Get well buddy! We are all pulling for you.

thats pretty much what i have been hearing since late last night. looks like it we be a couple more days till we know really know more.

Christy's info is correct as I heard the same thing from a VERY reliable source.

All I have to say is if Eric puts half the effort into getting over this as he does with those funny top end interviews and love of drag racing, he will pull through without a problem.

Our prayers are with you kid.

Frankie Cicerale
Tax Bracket Racing
Piscataway, NJ
S/C 151J
S/G 151J
S/ST 151J
Stock 1510
www.taxbracketracing.com

Folks, could we please kindly knock off the "I heard this", the "I got this from a reliable source", or "I was told" posts? All those posts do is lead to conjecture, speculation, and eventually misinformation. Not to mention, it makes a very trying time more difficult for a lot of people, especially the family I'm sure. If you want to speculate or grand stand your posts, use the Private Message Feature ok?

I am not a religious man, but Eric Medlin, John Medlin, John's crews, the Force Family and the Medlin family are in the thoughts and prayers of all of my family. Let's hope this young man not only makes a full recovery soon, but is able to return to the sport he loves. The NHRA will be a lonely place until Eric returns, he's one of the brightest shining stars of the sport.

Tom & Alicia

Now, now children! You remind me of the punch ups Force used to (possibly still does!) have with Coil!

Lets just do what Force, Coil and all cornerned will be doing, keep together and wait for OFFICAL information.

Cheers

James
[email protected]

I just got this via my email from Dave Densmore, the John Force Racing PR guy. A very reliable source indeed.

For Immediate Release
MEDLEN REMAINS IN CRITICAL CONDITION WITH CLOSED HEAD INJURY

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Funny Car driver Eric Medlen, injured in a testing accident Monday at Gainesville Raceway, remained in critical condition Tuesday in intensive care at Shands at the University of Florida medical center.

According to Medlen’s father, John, doctors are continuing to work to reduce pressure and swelling from what has been characterized as a severe closed head injury suffered when the 33-year-old’s car crashed heavily into the guardwall.

“We would ask everyone to keep Eric and his family in their prayers while at the same time respecting their need for privacy in this very difficult time,” said Kelly Antonelli, a spokesperson for John Force Racing, Inc.

“Obviously, our primary concern is for Eric’s health,” Antonelli said, “but we also are aware of erroneous information that has been posted on various internet sites and, unfortunately, that has been a source of additional pain for the family.

“To address that issue, we will continue to provide daily medical updates authorized by the family and the medical staff here at Shands.”

Let's all respect Eric and his family by not posting rumor and speculation. Imagine if it were your brother or child in the hospital and to read or hear rumors spread on the internet regarding their health would make the experience of going through something like this even more excruciating.

Get well Eric. We are all pulling for you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back