Pray for Eric Medlen!!! (1 Viewer)

If you look at the photos Darr just made available above, the top half of the cage is sitting on the front of the flatbed. Was it cut off to facilitate extrication? Or did the cage brake apart during the crash?

Neither scenario sounds very good.

Prayers to you, Eric...

Hang tough and get well soon.

If you look at the photos Darr just made available above, the top half of the cage is sitting on the front of the flatbed. Was it cut off to facilitate extrication? Or did the cage brake apart during the crash?

Neither scenario sounds very good.

Prayers to you, Eric...

Hang tough and get well soon.

It appears (and let it be known that I am no expert) but the bottom picture suggests that the whole right side of the car (that is showing) was cut out to get to the driver. You're right, Steve. If he was cut out or the compartment was like that, neither sounds good at all.

It's pretty standard protocall that if a driver is unconscious that they will cu the cage to extricate. It looks to me that is the case here. Donie called me and said that the NHRA Safety Safari stayed on site today for the testing so the best hands availible were with Eric. There are so many great things about our sport, and just a few bad things. This is one of the very bad. It is sickening to hear about these kinds of things. Eric is an incredible guy who passionately loves driving these cars. Our thoughts, hopes and prayers go out to him. Hang in there bud!!!

Sean Bellemeur, Family, and Crew.

My thoughts and prayers are also with Eric, the Medlen family and the entire organization. I will be praying that his injuries are treatable and that recovery is speedy.

This is the one part of our sport that just flat SUCKS!!!!

95% of the time, they will cut the roll cage at the top framerail, if the driver has been knocked out... That is normal to help with neck and head injuries... i.e Helmet removal, neck coller (sp) ease of extracation... The picture shows the motor pushed very far back into the foot area... I hope they just cut the whole car in half at the bellhousing to get him out with no obstruction... That is my hope anyway... Roll Cage Removal- SOP Standard Operating Procedure...

Please pray for Eric in a specific way:

That God would give dr's and med staff wisdom in a quick diagnosis.
That Eric's injuries end up not being as serious as they could have been.
That the Lord would hold Eric in his hands during recovery.
and finally, that Eric's family would be comforted during the difficult time of waiting.

Sending many, many prayers for Eric and the family.

Met him last year at Maple Grove and he is such a great guy with a wonderful smiling face. Hang in there Eric...you can do it!!

Wow, what a shock! I just got to the hotel here in NYC and had to log in to see what was going on in testing today, I'm just stunned reading this.

Hang in there Eric, we're all pulling for ya!

I was away from the computer all day. Just heard on ESPN. Stay strong Eric. Already took a moment and said a prayer. More to follow Eric. GOD bless.

I do not pray very often, but I will make it a point to do so for Eric. Things like this make you realize how fragile life is and how quick it can change.

Earl

My Wife and I will keep Eric, his dad, and the entire JFR team in our thoughts, and wish Eric a speedy recovery.

Everyone that was there was pretty sick about the whole thing.

Saying that the track was tricky all weekend would be a kind statement.

Saturday afternoon qualifying only saw 6 of the 39 nitro cars make decent passes.

When I got to the track the scoreboard said 5.08 @ 216 - Eric was pretty much still flying after the initial hit (if that was indeed his time on the board) - most SPECULATE that he was knocked out on the first hit. All cones appeared in place and the car rested about 400 feet past the finish line.

He remained in the ambulance for sometime after the helicopter arrived and when moved to the ambulance someone near me with binoculars said that he was bagged (breathing with some assistance). Most reports I heard were that his breathing was shallow and vitals were stable. Force was on the scene and was said to be visibly shaken.

Keep the prayers up

This is horrible. Eric is always so full of life and light in his eyes. Its obvious in every interveiw, he's got the job he wants. Prayers from here too.

Thoughts and prayers for Eric. This is one of the few things that suck about the sport we all love to follow. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Eric is fighting for his life right now. Those pics didn't need to be on the internet. Burk- Show some respect and take them down!

The latest @ 10:34am est is that his condition has not changed. He is holding his own. That is all I can say at this juncture.

Late.........Mitch

Hopefully the Hospital will have some good news to report when they issue their updated. My heart goes out to the Medlen family and everyone at JFR.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back