Pray for Eric Medlen!!! (1 Viewer)

Thoughts and prayers go the entire family and organization...Come on Eric, you are one tough dude, pull through this thing man, We're praying for you !!!!!

There's one thing that being a fan of this sport can't prepare you for, seeing someone you've met or a Friend getting Hurt or fill in the Blank! With the Easy pit access this sport offers, Fans of this sport bond with many of the drivers who pose with them in pics, etc... And when something like this happens to a driver some of us have met it catches some of us by suprise that this sport can be Very Dangerous! Indy '96 brought that realization to me in a Big way! You don't ever think something like this will ever happen to a driver you know...:(

Thank you so kindly for posting that
It shows that positive thoughts (as I like to call vibes) are the best we as fans and friends can offer, and they truly make a difference

"...positive thoughts (as I like to call vibes) are the best we as fans can offer, and they truly make a difference"???

Positive thoughts are the best you can do? How about PRAY to the GOD and creator of all of life in the universe including yours. Harnessing the power of GOD through prayer is as simple as asking for it. I am not a religous zealot but I do follow Christ.

I wonder how Daniel would have ended up if all he could do was think positive thoughts when thrown into the Lion's den?

Eric is a child of GOD (as we all are) and he is in HIS hands right now, we can hope and pray that the LORD chooses to release him back to his family, his friends, JFR and the racing community as a whole.

I was at test and tune on Monday and saw the whole thing and it was a horrific crash. My thoughts and prayers are with Eric's family and extended family. I also hope that the crew guy who fell off the back of the tow truck when it took off is o.k too. It looks like he hit his face pretty hard on the asphalt.

There's one thing that being a fan of this sport can't prepare you for, seeing someone you've met or a Friend getting Hurt or fill in the Blank! With the Easy pit access this sport offers, Fans of this sport bond with many of the drivers who pose with them in pics, etc... And when something like this happens to a driver some of us have met it catches some of us by suprise that this sport can be Very Dangerous! Indy '96 brought that realization to me in a Big way! You don't ever think something like this will ever happen to a driver you know...:(

Joe that was well put. Some of my friends don't understand why I am so devastated by this. Besides meeting Eric on a number of occasions including the nite before, I seen the whole thing happen. I just hate seeing things like that happen to such a great guy. I pray he is going to be o.k.

i agree! its so easy to meet the pro drivers and bond with them. i also am devestaed by this . i met eric a few times @ englishtown, hes as nice andfunny off as on the camera. again- god bless and get well real soon eric.

"...positive thoughts (as I like to call vibes) are the best we as fans can offer, and they truly make a difference"???

Positive thoughts are the best you can do? How about PRAY to the GOD and creator of all of life in the universe including yours. Harnessing the power of GOD through prayer is as simple as asking for it. I am not a religous zealot but I do follow Christ.

I wonder how Daniel would have ended up if all he could do was think positive thoughts when thrown into the Lion's den?

Eric is a child of GOD (as we all are) and he is in HIS hands right now, we can hope and pray that the LORD chooses to release him back to his family, his friends, JFR and the racing community as a whole.

THat was beautiful John, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

Simmer down
THis is not a religious discussion
THis is about best Wishes for someone who is in a terrible place right now
Call it what you want, pray as you want, do whatever you want, just keep him in your thoughts

Our thoughts and prayers are with Eric, John the Medlin family as well as the whole extended JFR family. Hang tough and get well soon.

I know Shands is one of the best in the country for sure. My dad suffered a similar accident about 30 years ago, in some insane big block powered outlaw sprint class that he used to run in. He basically tagged the wall hard in the front and then the rear, bent the car in a U shape and had 2 major impact marks on his shattered helmet. We still have the helmet and it is so spider webbed it looks like somebody shot it with a cannon.

He died twice on the way to the hospital and then once in the emergency room. They told my grandmother that he probably wouldn't make it through the night, but they eventually stablized him. Then they told her if he survived he would probably be a vegetable and unable to take care of himself for the rest of his life. He was in a coma for 2 weeks with a massive closed head injury.

When he woke up he was incoherent and completely paralyzed down his left side. To make a long story short, he gradually rehabilitated over the course of a year. After a year and half he was nearly back to normal, and he was eventually able to finish college and become a doctor. My dad tells this story so much better than I. I barely remember any of it, but I do remember him having massive headaches when I was younger, and every once in a while he's still afflicted with them. He also has these permanent blind spots in his right eye. Other than that, he was able to recover completely.

I guess the point of this long drawn out story is just to remind people that no matter how bad the situation may seem, just try to stay positive and just hope for the best. While the speeds involved with this accident may have been greater than what my dad suffered, the safety gear is light years ahead of what it was 30 years ago, and so is the medical technology. There's really nothing more that we can do other than hope and pray. I liked the encouragement that Marshall's story provided, and I just thought I would share my story as well.

Last edited:
I just got this via my email from Dave Densmore, the John Force Racing PR guy. A very reliable source indeed.

Let's all respect Eric and his family by not posting rumor and speculation. Imagine if it were your brother or child in the hospital and to read or hear rumors spread on the internet regarding their health would make the experience of going through something like this even more excruciating.

Get well Eric. We are all pulling for you.

Thanks Dave....

Oh, and for those of you that do NOT know Dave Lamm, trust me when I tell you, he is as close to the best possible source that you can have...If he would like to elaborate on his proffession, I will leave that to him....

Good to see you buddy..Its been a while (Indy '03 I believe...)

Eric...Fight the Fight...we are all here for ya...Call on OUR strenghts...you are in everyone's prayers...We all know that when you pull out of this, you will be laughing at all of us because we were so concerned....like it is no big deal...But it is....You got LOTSA love in THIS room, bud..

Jay :(

erics crash

i pray for him. i also have to remember the indycar guy who hit the deer while testing. he suffered severe head truma and he recovered by the grace of god. anything is possible....

Re: erics crash

i pray for him. i also have to remember the indycar guy who hit the deer while testing. he suffered severe head truma and he recovered by the grace of god. anything is possible....

Yeah, Rick. I was talking to a buddy of mine today at work about Eric's deal and we talked about that indycar/champ car deal. He's still recovering to this day from what I understand, but he's truly a miracle story.

Hopefully Eric's story turns out as well.

Sean D

These stories of recovery from horrible crashes like Eric's are so wonderful to hear! God bless Eric and the miracles of modern science as well! All of our positive energy has got to help, keep the good thoughts headed down to Florida!

My prayers are already on the way.
I know we all want to see that country smile back out there soon.

Last edited:
I hope everyone sending their prayers and get well wishes here for Eric & his family and extended John Force team family, will also take a moment to send them on the web page which has been created and is located as a 'sticky' at the top of the NHRA forum. Your messages will go directly to Eric and all those standing by his side at this time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back