Phoenix Pics! (1 Viewer)

Nope, wasn't disappointed again. C'mon Joe, you're setting such a high standard for yourself and you keep proving YOU ARE THE MAN! One of these times, take a bad picture just so we know you're human.:D

Great pics as always Joe.

One question about that sportsman rig: is there a limit to how long your motorhome + trailer can be? 'Cause that looked to be 80 feet!

I'm not sure about that Samual, but it's a good question. Our rig is over 77 feet. I think there is a limit how long the combination can be if it's a gooseneck type tow, but if it's a tag trailer, there is either no limit or a longer limit.

It probably would vary state to state. I remember Fletch saying that he got pulled over by the California DOT and they required him to get somebody to tow the trailer because his toterhome put him over the limit.

Of Course Joe, your pictures rocked.

Great stuff as usual! Finally got to spend some time with Joe and his friends from Vegas in the pits Sunday. It is really cool to connect with obsessed drag racing fans! - :D

Great Pictures Joe......Oh and the Hottie in Herberts pit is Lisa Powers. Just in case you really didn't know. LOL

I'm not sure about that Samual, but it's a good question. Our rig is over 77 feet. I think there is a limit how long the combination can be if it's a gooseneck type tow, but if it's a tag trailer, there is either no limit or a longer limit.

It probably would vary state to state. I remember Fletch saying that he got pulled over by the California DOT and they required him to get somebody to tow the trailer because his toterhome put him over the limit.

Of Course Joe, your pictures rocked.
65' max in California... and it doesn't matter what type of rig it is!

Great pics as always. Sorry I missed the mater meeting. We had dinner reservations at 8pm in Suprise and couldn't stay since the races didn't end until after 6pm. See you in Vegas.

Nah J.C. I'll let you and Buzz take the track shots, I'm just a hobbie photog is all.

Don't sell yourself short buddy! Got a call three years ago from a customer whose photos were noticed by the FedEx NASCAR team. Chris asked me if I thought becoming the photographer for a NASCAR team could lead to something bigger - :rolleyes:

It's probably not a bad idea to put a max on those rigs. I suppose a standard tractor trailer rig is right at 65'?

It gets really interesting on I-5. Oregon allows triple trailers of outrageous lengths, but (as noted) CA has a strict limit. So there are these yards right near the border on I-5 where they shuttle the trailers up from CA, then one rig picks them up there and drags three of them to the WA border, where WA only allows dual trailers. So there's another yard. What a pita for the trucking companies.

It gets really interesting on I-5. Oregon allows triple trailers of outrageous lengths, but (as noted) CA has a strict limit. So there are these yards right near the border on I-5 where they shuttle the trailers up from CA, then one rig picks them up there and drags three of them to the WA border, where WA only allows dual trailers. So there's another yard. What a pita for the trucking companies.

I had never seen a triple till I went to Oregon back in '97! I was on I-5 in a BLINDING Rainstorm and a Truck went to pass me. I saw one trailer, then the second, then the Third! I was like...You gotta be kidding me! This guy was going 65-70 in that Rain, talk about Balls!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back