Pedregon to join NHRA Fox Broadcast Team (1 Viewer)

Wow, at least wait til the first 10 minutes of the Winternationals broadcast before you dump on him. At least they hired somebody that's got plenty of seat time. "Can't win on Sundays anymore...."low blow, even for you Sam. Bet you'd never say it to his face.
I agree Nunzio, biggest loss is losing another team.
It wont take the first 10 minutes to know he's the wrong choice. I would rather listen to Paris Hilton broadcasting the races.

I had to mute the TV when the JFR drivers (yelling into the microphone about how excited they were) would be interviewed. Now I have to mute the entire broadcast. FAN - FREAKIN - TASTIC

Dunn for Pedregon? Strictly a PC diversity move. Not based on talent for sure. Times they are a changing.
Right. Tony P. Has probably a similar pedigree as Dunn. I'm a big Dunn fan too. You can even make the case Tony is a better/more successful driver. Please, save yourself the embarrassment of trying to blame this on the PC Diversity crowd.

Right. Tony P. Has probably a similar pedigree as Dunn. I'm a big Dunn fan too. You can even make the case Tony is a better/more successful driver. Please, save yourself the embarrassment of trying to blame this on the PC Diversity crowd.
Sorry dude but Pedregon's broadcasting pedigree is infantile compared to Dunn's. Please save yourself the embarrassment on trying to blame this as a step up in on air talent. There can only be two possible reasons for this. Courting the Latino demographic or he's willing to work allot cheaper then Dunn. There is NO WAY this improves the actual broadcast.

Hopefully the NHRA can still find a spot for Mike Dunn to contribute to the broadcast, but his talent/ expertise will be sorely missed during the actual racing.

Been a Dunn fan and was trying to wait and see how this would play out and give the new leaders a chance. I don't see how this can be an improvement.

Not sure the chip on Tony's shoulder will be good on the air.

I didn't mind when Cruz was on air, hopefully he can give Tony some pointers. I do hope it works out better than the train wreck I fear it will be.

It does seem odd to make any change. If they are going to have so many live shows next season, shouldn't you have a team in place that know what they are doing?

WOW didn't see THAT coming. Tony P got the job huh? I still think they should have kept Dunn, but that's a done deal.
I'll keep an open mind and give him a fair chance. Like above was stated I'm sorry to lose another Pro Team.

I am now convinced NHRA is thinking out of a box very small one. Tony P has no TV experience at all. I am really surprised that Fox doesn't have any say in who they put in place of Mike Dunn it's their reputation to. This is really going to be embarrassing for all concerned. I'm all for giving someone qualified a chance, no qualification here.

Haha...

Neither did Dunn.
No he didn't but he came about when NHRA just started with espn and it was a building period. This is supposed to be a step up and there's a selection of people qualified for the job Tony isn't. If you think Tony is right for this spot then so be it. I want this to work not fail.

No he didn't but he came about when NHRA just started with espn and it was a building period. This is supposed to be a step up and there's a selection of people qualified for the job Tony isn't. If you think Tony is right for this spot then so be it. I want this to work not fail.
Whether the move to Fox Sports is a "step up" remains to be seen. So this is very much a building period with Fox and NHRA.

Another article on Comp Plus showing people really upset about removing Mike Dunn ( sorry don't know how to move on Stupid phone). A lot of complaining on other sites some very verbal at least maters do very good at controlling themselves.

I have witnessed first hand as I'm sure others have Tony's ego, attitude, lack of fan appreciation, condescending attitude towards other drivers, crew members, owners, crew chiefs etc... N.H.R.A. and everyone else will know what they hired when he has one of his core melt downs on live TV. If this was someone's attempt to increase the diversity of the fan/viewer base this was the wrong way to do it. Good luck to Mike Dunn a true professional and world class gentlemen - he spoke his mind even if it was not what N.H.R.A. wanted to hear he always had my respect and always will.

Wow, looks like nobody is willing to give Tony a chance. Might as well stick a fork in the NHRA right now. Oh wait, I thought the fork was already stuck when it went to 1000' nitro racing. :rolleyes:

Everyone mourning the loss of Mike Dunn, I understand. Everyone playing the role of judge and jury on Tony Pedregon, I hope your kidding right? He hasnt put on his tie or headset yet. There is nothing to judge or critique. Talk about myopic. Nobody knows. Those concerned about Tony and his possible bias are clearly showing theirs already. And TP hasn't even walked into the booth yet.

Although I "think" Tony Pedregon will not be as good of a fit as Mike Dunn was, I watch the races for that, the racing not the commentators.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back