TPed hires Kloeber (1 Viewer)

can't remember mike in one place for very long either since his
days with werner trucking and clay.
will be great if they can find a good combination.
we'll see.

I'm glad to see this as Mike is a very good crew chief and deserves a shot like this. Don't tell anyone this but he's actually a really nice guy. Mike, I hope I didn't blow your cover!

Mike is a good tuner,but, has he ever tuned on a funnycar before?A funnycar is a different tuning animal than a top fuel car.

Didn't Mike also tune Snake's last Funny Car? You can also go into the archives at Competitionplus.com's archives and Kloeber had several AWESOME tech articles, and one of them was specifically about Funny Car chassis. He is a smart guy ... he will adapt.

Last edited:
He was with snake in the late 80s or early 90s when snake drove a funnycar, and he was with Bob Tasca for a few races.

mike tuning snake when they crushed the field at '89 nats.
(LD crewman on same team).
also remember mike with short-lived reebok tf'r

Mike also stepped in for the last handful of races on Kenny Bernstein's car that T.J. jr. drove. . the car was showing promise then monster pulled the plug.

Mike is a good tuner,but, has he ever tuned on a funnycar before?A funnycar is a different tuning animal than a top fuel car.

I believe he was the head wrench when Prudhomme DOMINATED Indy back in '89 runnin' teens and sweeping the Big Bud Shootout and the race. Does that count?

I think that Dixon feller was workin' on that team too.

I believe he was the head wrench when Prudhomme DOMINATED Indy back in '89 runnin' teens and sweeping the Big Bud Shootout and the race. Does that count?

I think that Dixon feller was workin' on that team too.

yeh, and they were sporting "mullets" in the winner circle photos. . .:eek:

I guess this is a thread hijack, but, anybody know what was going on between Kloeber and Chad Head when Tony had some wheelie bar issues? It seemed like they let Tony go with a poorly adjusted wheelie bar?

Anybody have a deeper understanding than what was on TEEVEE last night?

-90% Jimmy

I guess this is a thread hijack, but, anybody know what was going on between Kloeber and Chad Head when Tony had some wheelie bar issues? It seemed like they let Tony go with a poorly adjusted wheelie bar?

Anybody have a deeper understanding than what was on TEEVEE last night?

-90% Jimmy

I was just gonna ask the same thing....Kloeber didn't seem very interested in the whole conversation

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back