Look who moved to Cruz (1 Viewer)

I was never a huge Cruz fan, but I never disliked him. When my Son was a kid, Cruz always treated him very well. I actually have a picture of them together that I had blown up and it used to hang on my Son's bedroom wall. But I have to give Cruz mad respect. He must LOVE this sport, because as Eugene said, he's done whatever he's had to do to stay out there, when many others have fallen by the wayside. I liken him to Big Jim Dunn. They're going to be out there, no matter what. I have found myself really pulling for Cruz in recent years. Especially since he went with the Mopar bodies! I wish him nothing but success with this new crew. I hope they win some races.

There is no doubt that JC is a very talented crew chief that won't need any help from Cruz but who do you think was driving and tuning the car when that car was one of the first cars to consistently run in the 3.90s? I will give you a hint... it wasn't JC. The most consistent I have ever seen that car run was when Cruz tuned it on his own. I think Cruz should run his operation just how he sees fit because he has stayed out there longer then a lot of other teams has been able to do. So he must be doing something right.
That’s your opinion but I stand by my quote.
Shut up and drive!

I was never a huge Cruz fan, but I never disliked him. When my Son was a kid, Cruz always treated him very well. I actually have a picture of them together that I had blown up and it used to hang on my Son's bedroom wall. But I have to give Cruz mad respect. He must LOVE this sport, because as Eugene said, he's done whatever he's had to do to stay out there, when many others have fallen by the wayside. I liken him to Big Jim Dunn. They're going to be out there, no matter what. I have found myself really pulling for Cruz in recent years. Especially since he went with the Mopar bodies! I wish him nothing but success with this new crew. I hope they win some races.
I would like to see them have a good year in 2021.

couple of my favorites from recent past

Attachments

• CruzPomona1_2011.jpg
    CruzPomona1_2011.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 15
  • cruzSnapOn.jpg
    cruzSnapOn.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 15
Damn, now I have a craving for eggs and pancakes...but I already have chicken baking in the oven. 🙂
Wife just asked me to make chicken for dinner. Might just scrap that idea and run with the eggs and pancakes also! Thanks Tony for F-in' up my wife's expected dinner! LOL And Goddammit, You too Eugene!

Wife just asked me to make chicken for dinner. Might just scrap that idea and run with the eggs and pancakes also! Thanks Tony for F-in' up my wife's expected dinner! LOL And Goddammit, You too Eugene!
I may just have chicken for dinner and then pancakes and eggs for desert. 🙂

Wow! I’m not too proud to be a member of this site right now. Two wrongs don’t make a right. I don’t know if I’m more disappointed in the verbiage used here or the people who liked it....

It sucks that Corey, myself, and you didn't make it to Shady this year. Anyway to get back on the main topic...I am looking forward to seeing what kind of season Cruz and JC can put together next year. I would love to see Cruz back in championship form.

I hear ya on the Shady Maple, This year was a real cluster!
Cruz has been up on the performance dept. this year. Hopefully this addition is gonna really turn some heads.

I hear ya on the Shady Maple, This year was a real cluster!
Cruz has been up on the performance dept. this year. Hopefully this addition is gonna really turn some heads.
The nice thing is that JC already has been working with the Dodge bodies at DSR so he won't have to figure out the Toyota body. I don't know which chassis Cruz uses.

my fat ass doesnt need eggs or bacon, but it sure would be cool if they ever brought a waffle house to norcal...always loved late night smothered and covered after friday night qualifying in the midwest...we got our first crackervarrel here right before covid hit..anyone like crackerbarrel?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back