Old Maters Can't Log On (1 Viewer)

r2

Nitro Member
I know a lot of you have asked where certain people are, and why they have not logged back in to NITROMATER...
A huge majority of us are served by an ISP like YAHOO or hotmail that cannot log in yet... I know alot of you are probably wishing in one hand and ____ in the other to get back on here... It took an act of J, to get me on here... So if you are wondering where everyone is... They are lined up waiting to get back in here, trust me... Frustrating I know... We need some spice back to this site... Open the gates and let the crowd in before there is a riot... A lot of lurking going on in here... What you looking at??? lol
Thanks J...:D

I never understood the logic of not letting members in if they have an ISP like Yahoo or whatever. I am sure there is a good reason for it, just don't know what it is. My wife uses Yahoo and wants on here, but no luck yet. With the members of the new 'Mater having to be verified through other means (a good thing in my mind) I'm hoping that the Jerrod is working on letting the common folk in. Just my 2¢.

Roger
I was kicking the neighbors dog (because I don't own one) trying to get back in here to post just once or make my feelings and thoughts heard and was very frustrated seeing everyone from a certain southern state rack up posts:D love you all, really... I got on last week and my blood pressure has gone back down to John Force level now... I feel for everyone trying to post... I honestly do:(
J help the masses out or at least update them on a time frame... Hang in there guys... I know, I know:mad:

I never understood the logic of not letting members in if they have an ISP like Yahoo or whatever. I am sure there is a good reason for it, just don't know what it is.

Roger,
I believe the logic is that the no-name, unidentifiable trouble makers we had in the past maintained their anonymity through Hotmail, Yahoo, Googlemail, etc. accounts. It's the basis of the "Real Name" program to be fully able to actually identify ourselves to the world as if we were speaking face to face.
I can assure you that I, for one, would much rather have the quality than the quantity. The number of thread visits is also up from the old site which indicates we are maintaining quality with a measure of quantity which can't be a bad thing.

The only real loss is the hopeful member wishing to obtain entrance and access as we have, that only has access to such an e-mail account rendering them unregistered as a result? I'd love to hear from your wife but not at the expense of those aforementioned troublemakers.

I must be missing something. Is Yahoo an ISP? Are there ISP's that don't provide email accounts for their subscribers?

Bobby- Sounds like you want to keep a certain group of people out of the neighborhood, what business are you in again? Alot of drivers and good people are stuck with the ISP that they have, and the verification process will eliminate anyone from using alias names... And the trouble makers will be spotted and chastised as it should be... But to leave out who YOU want to is, well not right...
I was going to use a different word there, but I hope you see the light soon... no hard feelings I hope...;)

I for one have a HOTMAIL account......I even PAY the extra 24 or so dollars yearly for added capacity and storage and the ability to send bigger files...
I've had the account almost since it became a service.It's my email addie.....

I do have earthlink as an ISP and have the token email account.....never use it though...so thats how I signed up...........

I'm glad I'm back
I'm glad the board has changed
Everyone with access to the net has an ISP
Unless your using the puter at the public library

hopefully all those who want to be here
Will get here

Help 'em out J Man

CLiff

BOB
Yes Yahoo is an ISP (Internet service provider). I do not fully understand the problem with getting any of these other ISP's on here... But hopefully site maters can explain this better then I... I have no idea as to your second half of your question... I'm a puter dummy... Wrong button push and BOOM!!:eek:

BOB
Yes Yahoo is an ISP (Internet service provider). I do not fully understand the problem with getting any of these other ISP's on here... But hopefully site maters can explain this better then I... I have no idea as to your second half of your question... I'm a puter dummy... Wrong button push and BOOM!!:eek:

I think you're mistaken. Yahoo (along with hotmail and others) offers free email accounts and many other services but I don't believe they are internet service providers. An internet service provider is a company that provides access to the internet itself - through a physical connection either through cable, a phone line, or high speed data lines like a business would have. An ISP is NOT a free website you go to and use for email AFTER you are connected to the internet. When is the last time you heard of someone say "I'm dialed up through Yahoo" or "I have Yahoo cable/DSL" ??

The yahoo/hotmail/gmail etc accounts are kept out because as the Doc said, those were avenues that allowed people to remain anonymous. This shouldn't be a problem for most people because as stated, their ISP (time warner roadrunner, verizon, aol, earthlink, etc) should give them an email account.

Bobby- Sounds like you want to keep a certain group of people out of the neighborhood, what business are you in again? Alot of drivers and good people are stuck with the ISP that they have, and the verification process will eliminate anyone from using alias names... And the trouble makers will be spotted and chastised as it should be... But to leave out who YOU want to is, well not right...
I was going to use a different word there, but I hope you see the light soon... no hard feelings I hope...;)
Ray,
I'll openly admit there are those I believed were far more liability than assets on the old board. I read the bile they spewed often in an effort to do nothing less than insult, degrade and chase away good members. Their identity was shielded by their choice and I believe Jerrod and Shannon were wise to make the change thereby disallowing such detractors.
Did you like those guys and feel they were a plus somehow?
I'll admit I don't see the correlation between my feelings on this matter and my business but since I've nothing to hide, I'll answer your request.
I have my own land sales business that I've operated solely for over 30 years. Two sons are now partners. Prior to that I owned a construction company (primarily masonry) from the time I was 20 that my wife and I started and operated successfully. If you are looking for something to criticize (which it appeard you were) you can say I probably would make a lousy employee since I've worked for myself since high school.
I do own a race team. We have two funny cars, two dragsters, a super gas car, five race boats-all built in our own shop, but understand if you may feel that's not sufficient for me to speak as a racer.
John Force doesn't even know me?
The same verification process you are assured will eliminate anyone from using alias names was at the critical level with the old board facilitating a wholesale change as was made. I think it worked!
Hits are up and insults are down.
Pros and notables have returned.
Deleted posts and threads are nearly a thing of the past.
I feel confident in knowing those with whom I speak can be contacted if needs be.
That's not a bad thing in my opinion.

As I stated in my earlier post, it's truly a loss to have some real people who would be assets to this new board struggling to obtain access. It's a catch 22 in my book.
The owners of this home have every right to decide who they invite to their party. I'm pleased to be considered as their guest. But then again, I guess I'm not seeing the light? Heck, I thought my vision was pretty good?

I think you're mistaken. Yahoo (along with hotmail and others) offers free email accounts and many other services but I don't believe they are internet service providers. An internet service provider is a company that provides access to the internet itself - through a physical connection either through cable, a phone line, or high speed data lines like a business would have. An ISP is NOT a free website you go to and use for email AFTER you are connected to the internet. When is the last time you heard of someone say "I'm dialed up through Yahoo" or "I have Yahoo cable/DSL" ??

The yahoo/hotmail/gmail etc accounts are kept out because as the Doc said, those were avenues that allowed people to remain anonymous. This shouldn't be a problem for most people because as stated, their ISP (time warner roadrunner, verizon, aol, earthlink, etc) should give them an email account.
I second that.....you have to have a main account no matter what.....I have sbc and an alternative account, but my main account is the one I pay every freakin month.....:D

You have NO idea! My son says I'll talk to anybody........even the chick at the Waffle House. He said "Mom, she doesn't care about our dog." My answer "How do YOU know. She doesn't know anything about her yet." :D

LMAO!!! My kids are always like, do you have to talk to everyone about our business and my poor hubby has to come and find me cause I have met a new friend with WAY more problems then I have.....he is like, do you have tell me all your problems written on your forehead.....
:eek: :D

Bobby Miller
As I stated in my post I really did not mean to attack your character one ounce... I figured you were in the land business and probably for subdivison housing where there are hundreds of homes and riff raff going in and on there... I honestly was'nt trying to put or say something negative about you because we have not had a beer yet... Maybe you sell commercial land... I have nothing but respect for your lifes achievements and family... I just wanted to let everyone know that has an inferior ISP that hopefully they will soon be able to access this great site for some great talk and comments... A voice for those screaming to get on here if you will... To not loose faith, that things will be fixed soon is all... I do realize my comments could have been taken wrong, but I certainly did not intend to personally attack you... As for ISP's I understand Yahoo is not an internet provider.. However my account is SBC/Yahoo... So why did I have so much problems? Again Bobby I apologize and take responsibiliy for my words... That is why my name is attached... I'm here to help and not hurt... Thanks for listening... It takes a big man to apologize, and a bigger man to accept it... Your friend Ray And I understand your points clearly...

Last edited:
I never understood the logic of not letting members in if they have an ISP like Yahoo or whatever. I am sure there is a good reason for it, just don't know what it is. My wife uses Yahoo and wants on here, but no luck yet. With the members of the new 'Mater having to be verified through other means (a good thing in my mind) I'm hoping that the Jerrod is working on letting the common folk in. Just my 2¢.

ANYONE, and I again say ANYONE, can get a Yahoo or Hotmail Account.....And It cannot be verified.
A true ISP will require a validated ID.
Its that simple.

Pete
That is what I think everyone is wondering... Why they cannot log on, Got it now... Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all...I use a yahoo e-mail address all of the time. I've used it for years. I post it often so y'all can send me pics. BUT, I totally understand that they need a valid ISP to cross reference with the Paypal to validate we ARE who we say we are. I have an ISP e-mail with my cell phone that I only use in cases like this. Even dial up users MUST have an ISP e-mail addy. What's the big deal? If you have internet access.....you have an ISP e-mail. It's that simple. Oh, except me. :D

Y'all...I use a yahoo e-mail address all of the time. I've used it for years. I post it often so y'all can send me pics. BUT, I totally understand that they need a valid ISP to cross reference with the Paypal to validate we ARE who we say we are. I have an ISP e-mail with my cell phone that I only use in cases like this. Even dial up users MUST have an ISP e-mail addy. What's the big deal? If you have internet access.....you have an ISP e-mail. It's that simple. Oh, except me. :D

Not you, Kel!!! But I totally second that.....;)

Sounds to me like these masses waiting to get in are refusing to use their real ISP addresses. If they can get to this site on their own computer, they have one. Not wanting to use it is their problem, not the maters.

Then again, perhaps these people are freeloading on their employers computer during work, and that is why they can't use the ISP to register.

Jay

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back