Later Maters' (1 Viewer)

Alan

Nitro Member
Due to circumstances beyond my control (I got screwed) my 'Mater time has become more limited. I am leaving the retail automotive/tire business (not by choice----remember I got screwed!) and venturing off into the wholesale tire business as an outside sales rep with AmPac Tire. Should be a new exciting job for me, with a lot of new challenges, but also a lot of perks and rewards. I'll still be checking in to make sure there are a fair number of thread jackings going on though!!!!! I do get to work from home here and there when I'm not on the road, so I'm not going away!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!

BTW......my company car for the first 6 months is a Dodge Caliber.......until the lease is up..........Caran will be proud.....Terry will beat me........:D:D:eek::D

Congrats on the new adventure. Hope all goes good. I almost bought a Caliber a month ago too.
I am sure Suzie O., Terry, Kelly and other will do you proud with thread jacks.

Hope you have a successful venture and Alan they do make laptops and air cards like the one I'm using now.
If I depended on air time at home I'd never be online.

Just don't try to surf while driving ,it's not as easy as I thought.
I watch these Texas girls putting on makeup , curling eyelashes and brushing hair while wheeling a truck or SUV loaded with kids down the freeway doing 80 so naturally I figured being a man I could, you know!

Since that wreck someone with a terrible sense of humor has made my laptop lockup if I even turn it on in a car.

I took a picture of old Sam Houston's statue in Huntsville Tx. the other day and it looks like all the scrapes my trailblazer put on it have been repaired.
The daughters of the Texas Revolution picketed my house till Avis insurance paid for fixin it up like new again.

I don't recall Sam having such a bulbious red nose before .

Must have been out of state company with a weird sense of humor that did it.
Alittle too close to all those Prisons and the famous Wall's prison to be messin with Texas. IMO
Any way be safe and who knows you might be the next CEO and have no time for us Maters soon.

Alan, do a lot of business with AmPac through the GM tire program and they run a fine operation.

I dont think you'll be on the road to much in a Dodge(LOL)

Alan, do a lot of business with AmPac through the GM tire program and they run a fine operation.

I dont think you'll be on the road to much in a Dodge(LOL)

Hopefully he will have a laptop so he can get some work done while he's in the repair shops waiting room:p

Just kidding GOOD LUCK!

Alan! You can't leave! Where am I going to get my planes in the future....ahem....I mean....we'll miss you so much! (dabs tear from eye). Just think. No more Bazoombas for you!

Okay, I wasn't going to post THIS link I found the other day but, this is a special occasion. Combines cats AND bazoombas. Warning. Heavy R rating.

YouTube - Takin' A Ride - South Park Music Video

May YOUR future ride resemble that one as much as possible. :D

Magnum? Caliber? What's next? The Dodge Rimfire? :D

Last edited:
Hey, my right wing buddy! Congrats on the new job--must have gotten those "kinks" straightened out to your liking. Suzie, Kelly, Jenn (hijack trainee) and I will concentrate on continuing hijacks that will make you proud...take care and keep in touch--you got the email! God, a Mopar company car.....in the FYI category, I took one of the company Dodge Stratus R/Ts to Denver to the Mile His--first stoplight in Denver it stalled and wouldn't re-fire--cool--rush hour and everything. Got it hauled to Mopar-land and they said they had to re-flash the computer cause the original computer parameters were too narrow to handle that big of an altitude change...So if ya got one of them there mopars and are gonna go from flatland (about 2100 ft here) up to 6000, you might stop your local mopar-land and ask them about that before you go...Sorry, John Caran, but I gotta tell the truth here to help save Alan from the same fate!:D

Very sorry that you got "screwed" Alan. Maybe in the end it will be a blessing in disguise. Good luck in the new job!!!!!!!!!!

Well then I guess the good news is that there will be a lot less crazy cats around these parts.

The better news is EVERYONE loved the TShirts at Indy on Monday. I probably had 10 people stop for pictures with me, and many people asked where they could buy one. I even got a pic with the Don himself!

We will miss you round these parts, but drop by and say hi every now and again.

This is a sad day in Mater land....:( Mr. Loder... you will be missed for your daily contrubution to the "GET TIMMAH TO LAUGH" campaign! I will miss my Daily LODER joke, the CATS, and the ultimate Thread Hijacking! Alan, make sure to stop by from time to time! Good luck in your new Job! As a former Tire Center Manager (for Costco) I wish you the best of luck and success!;)

Timmah!

BTW... As much as others may try.... When it comes to the Thread Hijack, and the creativitiy on this board... NOBODY COULD HOLD YOUR JOCK STRAP!

jockstrap.jpg

Hey everyone!!!!! Thanks for the well wishes!!! This 'forced' job change might be the best thing to happen to me. Way more room for advancement, way better benefits, and I am essentially my own boss.

Picked up the Caliber yesterday....2007 with over 108,000 miles.....it has been driven hard!!!! Spent 3 hours cleaning it last night!

And I will still be here, just not as often!!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back