Tripp Shumake Photo of the Week (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Great shot on NHRA.com's POTW of Tripp in one of Johnny Loper's FCs. Got to know Tripp when I lived in Phoenix, just an awesome guy. I could listen to his stories forever. Hard to believe he and John are both gone. Tripp's son used to post here, I think his name is Travis. Travis, if I got your name right, and you're lurking, I hope things are going well for you.

Tripp Shumake was a super guy and that was one of the best looking Funny Cars ever. They don't make 'em like that anymore.....car or driver!

Pat, your absolutely right abut Tripp. My favorite car that Tripp drove was the Arizona Sundance car. That and Showtime cars were the best. Oh how my heart sank when I was at an RFC service at Pomona and Ken Owen annonuced that Tripp had died the night before.

Pat, You're so lucky to have been right in the middle of the best years of funny cars at OCIR. I went to Portland which got some of the same shows (well sort of) but Orange County had to be the best. My biggest regret was to have never gone there.

BTW I'll be in Medford this Sunday picking up my new car.

Rich

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back