No Bazemore in Vegas (1 Viewer)

Baze doesn't live all that far from me now, I think it would be cool to sit down with him and talk drag racing, get to know him and see what he is like away from the track.

Baze doesn't live all that far from me now, I think it would be cool to sit down with him and talk drag racing, get to know him and see what he is like away from the track.

camp out at the popular biking routes and i'm sure you'll find him within 2 hours!!! :)

Considering the "there's no such thing as bad publicity" mantra, I say we need Whit Bazemore in NHRA Championship Drag Racing. He's our Tony Stewart, no question about it. Personally, I love his passion, even if I don't always agree with him.

So he flies off the handle every once in a while - Wow!, he's got personality. So he hates losing, big deal. He wears his emotions on his sleeve - good for him. In many ways it beats the heck out of the cookie cutter, "I'd like to thank..." interviews we get week in and week out.

Scelzi says what's on his mind and everyone listens. Whit says what's on his mind and a lot of us are ready to crucify him. Why, because he hasn't won any championships? That's silly and in many ways ignorant.

Again, I'm not saying I always agree with him, but I love him for who he is and what he offers our great sport. I sincerely hope he gets a deal put together for next year and beyond...

Scelzi says what's on his mind and everyone listens. Whit says what's on his mind and a lot of us are ready to crucify him. Why, because he hasn't won any championships? That's silly and in many ways ignorant.
no, it's because scelzi doesnt berate other drivers. if scelzi doesn't have something good to say about someone, he doesn't say anything at all. a good mantra to live by.

no, it's because scelzi doesnt berate other drivers. if scelzi doesn't have something good to say about someone, he doesn't say anything at all. a good mantra to live by.

As I said, I don't always agree with Whit, nor his actions but it doesn't change the fact he's good for the sport.

this sucks, I was hoping to see him make it out the last 2 races, hopefully things work out for next year

Hopefully he gets something lined up for next year. The sport isn't the same without him out there.

I don't want to see him without a ride either but I'm not surprised he's sitting out since he was fired a couple of weeks ago. That's the way it goes folks.

Flaps' comment a few posts back is rite on.
NHRA drag racing needs Baze's controversial personality. He's better than decent as a driver and with a Star system that consists of only one Clown Prince, one Court Jester and One Lady's Hearthrob, I.E., Force, Scelzi and Capps, it desperately needs a VILLAN!

Last edited:
Flaps' comment a few posts back is rite on.
NHRA drag racing needs Baze's controversial personality. He's better than decent as a driver and with a Star system that consists of only one Clown Prince, one Court Jester and One Lady's Hearthrob, I.E., Force, Scelzi and Capps, it desperately needs a VILLAN!

OK..........Bring back Al Hoffman then.........at least he actually is menacing.

Lee Van Cleef compared to Bazemore's Barney Fife:eek:

REX:)

OK..........Bring back Al Hoffman then.........at least he actually is menacing.

Lee Van Cleef compared to Bazemore's Barney Fife:eek:

REX:)

Bring back the Ace we knew 40 years ago... what we need is Pebbles, Pulp and Chef vs Big June... Ace vs The King... Brutus vs Jungle... Kenny vs Mark (knew I left someone of the flopper champ list) GO vs Joe A... Shirley vs Conrad or Shirley vs Big... Big vs The Wolf.... Snake and Goose... John vs Al....

Dick and Kim vs everyone... and Conrad vs Buster.... :eek:

d'kid

Talked to Bazemore a few times at HPT over the years, he even stopped once after he burned up his Fast Orange F/C to pet my dog and shoot the S**& with me. Much like Scelzi he itn't affraid to let you know how he feels, which I like. Too bad, hope he finds his way back. He is one of those guys that will have to get a team on his own, he' not much of a yes man.

Bring back the Ace we knew 40 years ago... what we need is Pebbles, Pulp and Chef vs Big June... Ace vs The King... Brutus vs Jungle... Kenny vs Mark (knew I left someone of the flopper champ list) GO vs Joe A... Shirley vs Conrad or Shirley vs Big... Big vs The Wolf.... Snake and Goose... John vs Al....

Dick and Kim vs everyone... and Conrad vs Buster.... :eek:

d'kid

bring back the dick and joe show!!!....i agree bring back Ed "i'll knock you on your Ace" McCulloch....mainly cuz i wasnt alive for most of this stuff :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back