Nitro Crew Chief Shuffle (1 Viewer)

I'm looking at who has gotten off to a disappointing start early in the season in Funny Car, and who's top ten in Top Fuel points right now who would be more likely to make a change.

Top Fuel

1. Mike Salinas 256
2. Justin Ashley 233
3. Steve Torrence 209
4. Brittany Force 178
5. Clay Millican 173
6. Tripp Tatum 160
7. Josh Hart 157
8. Doug Foley 155
9. Austin Prock 146
10. Doug Kalitta 130
11. Tony Schumacher 120
12. Shawn Langdon 96
13. Antron Brown 90
14. Leah Pruett 76
15. Jim Maroney 62

Funny Car

1. Robert Hight 308
2. Matt Hagan 297
3. Ron Capps 231
4. Cruz Pedregon 188
5. John Force 155
6. Tim Wilkerson 149
7. Bob Tasca III 137
8. Alexis DeJoria 135
9. Chad Green 131
10. J.R. Todd 118
11. Terry Haddock 99
12. Jim Campbell 95
13. Blake Alexander 94
14. Paul Lee 73
15. Jeff Arend 63

I'm gonna guess that the DHL team is parting with their crew chief who will join Doug Foley's team. I know that they're coming off of a final round appearance, but who in Top Fuel has had enough to want to revamp already? Tough guess. Stranger things have happened tho.

Last edited:
Mike Neff to Austin Prock? It may not mean Force is releasing anyone. He’s always had multiple tuners around.

I'm looking at who has gotten off to a disappointing start early in the season in Funny Car, and who's top ten in Top Fuel points right now who would be more likely to make a change.

Top Fuel

1. Mike Salinas 256
2. Justin Ashley 233
3. Steve Torrence 209
4. Brittany Force 178
5. Clay Millican 173
6. Tripp Tatum 160
7. Josh Hart 157
8. Doug Foley 155
9. Austin Prock 146
10. Doug Kalitta 130
11. Tony Schumacher 120
12. Shawn Langdon 96
13. Antron Brown 90
14. Leah Pruett 76
15. Jim Maroney 62

Funny Car

1. Robert Hight 308
2. Matt Hagan 297
3. Ron Capps 231
4. Cruz Pedregon 188
5. John Force 155
6. Tim Wilkerson 149
7. Bob Tasca III 137
8. Alexis DeJoria 135
9. Chad Green 131
10. J.R. Todd 118
11. Terry Haddock 99
12. Jim Campbell 95
13. Blake Alexander 94
14. Paul Lee 73
15. Jeff Arend 63

I'm gonna guess that the DHL team is parting with their crew chief who will join Doug Foley's team. I know that they're coming off of a final round appearance, but I think thats more likely than anything else. I don't know if any other team Stranger things have happened tho.
Dont think aaron is going anywhere

Dont think aaron is going anywhere

Maybe not. I went down the list and had to pick one. My next guess was Prock but it's hard for me to see them throw in the towel on Barlam and Tobler after three races. But you can say the same for almost all of the teams. It also wouldn't be the first time that a move like that has happened.

How about Jim Oberhofer from Paul Lee back to Kalitta for J.R. Todd? Maybe that won't work since not involving Top Fuel. Can't imagine changes for Langdon or Leah. Teams are too new.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember as far as funny car crew chiefs who is recently a free agent and I am drawing a blank. As far as the top fuel side, my guess is either Leah or maybe Connie is turning over Langdon's dragster to someone although I feel like three races is super early to make a change already.

sure can't figure this one out. not even gonna' guess.......recently parted ways with FC seems to point to RT.

Yes last year and this year car is currently in top 10
That narrows it down to 6.
Mike Salinas
Justin Ashley
Steve Torrence
Brittany Force
Clay Millican
Doug Kalitta

The only funny cars that make sense is Todd, Tasca or Lee. Any others would be very surprising. Could it be Jon Oberhofer over to Clay’s team or Jim Oberhofer back to Doug’s car? That could mean Husen over to Langdon and AJ overseeing both?

Last edited:
Anybody else think JF could use some extra eyes on their race day setup? In the last 7 races for example, he hasn’t made it past round 2 five times or been to a final. There’s lots of good competition out there and yes, it ain’t easy, but they’re not performing as an elite team.

I'm trying to remember as far as funny car crew chiefs who is recently a free agent and I am drawing a blank. As far as the top fuel side, my guess is either Leah or maybe Connie is turning over Langdon's dragster to someone although I feel like three races is super early to make a change already.
Jason McCulloch is on Langdon's car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back