Nitro Crew Chief Shuffle (1 Viewer)

Anybody else think JF could use some extra eyes on their race day setup? In the last 7 races for example, he hasn’t made it past round 2 five times or been to a final. There’s lots of good competition out there and yes, it ain’t easy, but they’re not performing as an elite team.
Force's car, indeed. Hight is rockin' along, having put up 15 consecutive passes in the 3.80s before Gainesville's cold track bit him and Brittney needs to eat her lunch back in the trailer, not in the staging beams. JF will make some changes; no way is he going to continue to falter as he has been and just chalk it up to an extended slump.

I think you have to look at this 2 ways...1) the comment doesn't state the FC tuner i son a top 10 team, so we shouldn't jump there for an answer. 2) who in the top 10 can use some help, is struggling and has $ to bring someone in.
My opinion, is after Gainesville, Tripp Tatum decided to make a go of it for the countdown and with his 'part time' crew, needed a full time guy...Johnny West may fit that role.

so one thing at a time......who is the tuner that recently parted ways with a FC team? anyone leave a team in last couple races that hasn't been publicized yet?

After a few days, I think it's Jim O. I don't think he's gonna be replacing anybody in Top Fuel tho. I think a team is only adding to its repertoire.

I think you have to look at this 2 ways...1) the comment doesn't state the FC tuner i son a top 10 team, so we shouldn't jump there for an answer. 2) who in the top 10 can use some help, is struggling and has $ to bring someone in.
My opinion, is after Gainesville, Tripp Tatum decided to make a go of it for the countdown and with his 'part time' crew, needed a full time guy...Johnny West may fit that role.

Johnny West was around them during preseason testing but Johnny is more of a come in for a few races, get a baseline and make sure a team is pointed in the right direction and then help out the next team. He and an Arizona crew was with Rob Passey at Phoenix this year and got them running the best numbers Rob has ever ran and of course the round win over Kalitta.

This may be, but is it the Comp Plus rumor? I thought Paul Lee and Clay were both part of the Stringer Performance team. Releasing Jim Oberhofer only to bring him right back to Clay’s team? If true it sounds like a kick ass combo!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back