This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Tickets In Advance (1 Viewer)

2 things I saw on the news, California claims to have 2 days without deaths and New Jersey is going to open everything up with no limitations on crowd control. Yes, you are still required to wear a mask.

here's a list dated one month ago.......canceling races again this summer just doesn't make sense. WHY would CA be allowed to host two summer/fall races when
they are still so restricted!? mite as well go ahead and cancel the brainerd race rite now too. the inept politicians that run this state IMO are more interested in harming business than
restarting the economy in the present climate of folks mostly vaccinated........funny how a state's geographic border can alter how you live your life.
iowa is least restricted. minnesota is 11th most restricted.......maybe 'the field of dreams' is actually a reality rite now........the race last weekend was a 'sell out' in a state that is 24th on list.
there MUST be some form of group covid spread from all those folks so close together in the 'sold out' bleachers? i think we need an old FC to rejoin the tour. ed the ace and the revolution.

Last edited:
Some of it comes down to size of facility too say epping has 10000 seats where Pomona or Charlotte have 30000 seats and they are all allowed 20% you get the idea

Some of it comes down to size of facility too say epping has 10000 seats where Pomona or Charlotte have 30000 seats and they are all allowed 20% you get the idea
Famoso is allowed 33% spectator seating right now (Orange tier) for the March (May) meet. There has been about 10,000 seats forever. I just heard that the Bowsers got disassembled bleachers that will hold 25,000 people and are storing them on the back of the lot which will allow them to have 33% of 35,000 spectators :cool:. Kern county is scheduled to go from Orange tier (33%) to Yellow tier (67%) before the Meet. If that is the case - problem solved.

I actually thought of that earlier put stands in shut down watching traffic on the road whatever just so they are on your property

Now I have little time. Roger, there was a seating plan submitted to Kern County last year for the original March Meet but the dates as we all know got however none of the plans changed so add 25,000 seats at such a late date just wouldnt happen and never was even thought of.

They just canceled the Sonoma Double Divisional set for July. And I'm anxiously waiting for Pomona to run the Winternationals as I was able to enter with only one grade point, but it's not winter anymore. Yet the Double Divisional at the Texas Motorplex next weekend is still a go.

Dumb question, what's a double divisional? Is it as simple as running everything twice to replace a points race that has been canceled for the season? Or is it something to do with a regional vs. divisional?

Dumb question, what's a double divisional? Is it as simple as running everything twice to replace a points race that has been canceled for the season? Or is it something to do with a regional vs. divisional?

It's two races same weekend, qualifying and time trials Thursday, complete race run on Friday. Then start all over with qualifying/time trials Saturday, race Sunday. Usually one is a Regional (Alcohol cars) but everyone else gets a double header. so to speak.

Alan

i think?? the canceled divisional @ sonoma has something to do with money and a track rental, not covid stuff.

i think?? the canceled divisional @ sonoma has something to do with money and a track rental, not covid stuff.

I was wondering what the deal was. There are not anywhere near enough spectators at a Divisional race for the COViD protocols to come into affect.

I called Sonoma Raceway a couple days ago and spoke to the person in charge of scheduling. They said NHRA cancelled the double divisional/regional race for July, not them.

And the cost to run Seattle and Epping due to distance and crowd restrictions doesn’t make financial sense.

while we are on the subject of buying advance tickets i need some advice. i'm thinking of driving up to Epping on Sunday for the race. never been there. i'm not sure if i can get away from work so i 'm a little scared of buying advance tickets. it looks like a small track and i'm wondering if there is a possibility that it will sell out on Sunday. any advice is appreciated.

• We seem to always find ways to point out how NHRA is screwing up from our personal perspectives. (You still mad NHRA went to 1000’? I miss Modified Eliminator and one of you probably bitches about flag starts going away.) Ignoring all the normal gripping at NHRA, can you imagine the grief NHRA management must be going though right now? And it has nothing to do with our complaining.
  • NHRA now must deal with each state having different restrictions on crowd size that change at some government official’s whim. Plus each track has local staffing issues with many refusing working for anyone that pays by check. Vendor issues, both food and race related on moving dates and lowered crowd sizes. The national event track owners have differing needs and demands to deal with. Hotels and restaurants that may be crammed from some other event(‘s) on the weekend that NHRA needs to move an event to. If NHRA moves one national event to a different weekend, it most assuredly will negatively affect one or more other events. NHRA also knows that when they absolutely have to move an event, many ticket buyers won’t be able to attend it at a later date or even attend some another event since they can’t move the vacation days that quickly or go that further distance to a race.
  • And NHRA though they had a huge problem when Evan Knoll went to jail.

while we are on the subject of buying advance tickets i need some advice. i'm thinking of driving up to Epping on Sunday for the race. never been there. i'm not sure if i can get away from work so i 'm a little scared of buying advance tickets. it looks like a small track and i'm wondering if there is a possibility that it will sell out on Sunday. any advice is appreciated.
Just a guess but I think travel between Canada and the US is still difficult. There is a large contingent of Canadian fans who attend Epping that may not be there this year so chance of sell out probably reduced.

Just a guess but I think travel between Canada and the US is still difficult. There is a large contingent of Canadian fans who attend Epping that may not be there this year so chance of sell out probably reduced.

You are correct James. For us Canadians non-essential road travel to the US is still banned. I am hoping for the border to reopen in time for us to go to Seattle (assuming that Seattle happens), but it looks less likely every day. You can fly, but since a bunch of Canadian politicians flew to Hawaii at Christmas (!), there are huge penalties and/or costly protocols in place.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back