NHRA's Greatest Races 2/14/10 (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
This week's show features the 1976 World Finals at Ontario Motor Speedway. Dave McClelland's partner is Frank Ferino (Remember him?) and you'll see some great legends who were rarely shown on TV: Jerry Ruth, John Wiebe, Wally Booth, Richard Tharp, etc. Of course, Shirley, Snake, and Glidden are a big part of the storyline. Check your cable listings for the airtime where you live.

This week's show features the 1976 World Finals at Ontario Motor Speedway. Dave McClelland's partner is Frank Ferino (Remember him?) and you'll see some great legends who were rarely shown on TV: Jerry Ruth, John Wiebe, Wally Booth, Richard Tharp, etc. Of course, Shirley, Snake, and Glidden are a big part of the storyline. Check your cable listings for the airtime where you live.

I remember Frank. BTW, whatever happened to him.

In the preview for this weeks show there was a Funny Car on fire at the top end. Who was it? I know, I know, tune in to find out, right:D.

Last weeks show will always be special for me. Of course Shirley's first Indy IS a big deal. But the '82 US Nationals was the first Drag Race I ever saw on TV. I remember it like it was yesterday. My Dad and I were sitting on the couch in our living room, eating watermelon off of TV trays, watching Shirley win her first US Nationals.

Keep up the good work, Bill.

Dave

I haven't been able to find out very much about Frank Ferino. I never met him and he literally vanished after his Diamond P days. And yes, you'll have to watch the show to see who had the F/C fire.:D

I really enjoy hearing about all the great memories these shows have rekindled. It has made producing this series a very satisfying experience for me.

I chuckled a little when I saw Dave & Frank wearing Red "leisure suit-ish" Shirts with the NHRA Logo on them.

there should be a mode on your record setup that allows u to record a show whenever it comes on regardless of time. i use this mode for any show that has different start times. i got a direct tv dvr and while the unit has its shortcomings, one of the pluses is it has several built in recording options for just about any scenario !!

there should be a mode on your record setup that allows u to record a show whenever it comes on regardless of time. i use this mode for any show that has different start times. i got a direct tv dvr and while the unit has its shortcomings, one of the pluses is it has several built in recording options for just about any scenario !!

Yeah I set it up as a "series recording" which means it should record all the shows automaticly, and up 'till yesterday never let me down.

Here in Texas, it recorded the 1st two shows, then skipped 2 shows, and then recorded the last ones. Dont know.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back