NHRA Vs ADRL.... (1 Viewer)

Pete, go read competition plus, he's the one blaming NHRA for drivers getting hurt....

What's funny is every year ADRL is always the center of controversy, why is that? Guess Kenny likes that, gets him free advertising for his events that he can't sell tickets to.

If he doesn't like NHRA's rules he should go run his events at IHRA sanctioned tracks.

At some point there will have to be a class action suit against NHRA to prevent them from sanctioning race tracks, allowing them only to sanction NHRA events.

A track should be free to run NHRA events and IHRA events. Each sanctioning only their own events.

These was a time when K&K had the insurance thing locked, but that is no longer the case.

Sanctioning is a joke anyway. Unless you're running a national event, or just really keen on bracket finals, it's hardly worth it. I mean you pay the sanctioning body a decent amount of money every year for what?? A link to your tracks website and the chance to spend more money than you should on insurance?? Gee thanks.

At some point there will have to be a class action suit against NHRA to prevent them from sanctioning race tracks, allowing them only to sanction NHRA events.

A track should be free to run NHRA events and IHRA events. Each sanctioning only their own events. .

Now yer talkin. What a track does, or doesn't do on "off" weeks should not concern nhra.

Pete, go read competition plus, he's the one blaming NHRA for drivers getting hurt....

He's actually talking out of both sides of his mouth. In one breath he says he's tired of NHRA "killing his heroes", but later says he doesn't blame NHRA............

He's a wild man, that's for sure.

Sean D

He blames NHRA for drivers getting killed?? Sure hope nothing happens at one of his events.

Plain and simple, like it or not if you want to run events at NHRA sanctioned tracks you have to follow their rules. But from the looks of ADRL they don't believe in rules.
He also said:
“At the end of the day, our safety record is impeccable but we are not invincible,” Nowling continued.
I think it's pretty clear that he's aware of the risks. I also think that you'd have to agree that 1/8 mile racing is inherently safer than 1/4 mile racing, given similar safety regs, which ADRL definitley has. I'm pretty sure they enforce cage certs, suit specs, helmet specs, etc. just like anybody else.

He blames NHRA for drivers getting killed?? Sure hope nothing happens at one of his events.

Plain and simple, like it or not if you want to run events at NHRA sanctioned tracks you have to follow their rules. But from the looks of ADRL they don't believe in rules.

X2 Shane, I just read what he said about the NHRA is at fault for the recent deaths in TF, FC, and PM and he said the NHRA should only race to 660. That quote was classless and I hope the NHRA tells him he can take his series elsewhere. I actually supported what he is trying to do before I read that classless statement.

well then at the same token. If 1/8 mile is so much safer than 1000ft. Then no racing is much safer all the way around. Everything has inherit risk.

He's actually talking out of both sides of his mouth. In one breath he says he's tired of NHRA "killing his heroes", but later says he doesn't blame NHRA............

He's a wild man, that's for sure.

Sean D

Sounds like a Jackass! He needs to stick with ADRL, they need his type over there!:confused:

There may not hae been ay serious injuries in the ADRL but there has been more than its share of crashes.
They have been lucky as far as injuries go.
Medlen was not going fast when he died
Drag racing is like being a helicopter pilot.
It is only a matter of when you are going to have an incident.
Dean

I am thinking you guys are taking Kennys statements the wrong way...It seemed to me that his comments towards NHRA switching to 1/8th mile were more sarcastic then anything...Everyone knows that wont happen, just like Kenny wont rollover to NHRA saying no nitro...But thats just my opinion...

Medlen was not going fast when he died
He wasn't? Everything I remember reading said it happened between half track and the finish line, meaning anywhere from 250 - 300 mph. I'd say that's pretty fast. Then throw in the fact that the out of balance tire caused forces in excess of 40,000 lbs and that's why he was shaken to death.

Jon that was a great point. How many open-wheel guys have died at the Indy 500 over the years? Maybe they should run on 3/8 mile go-kart tracks. I think there is a place for the ADRL type of show, but to make it seem like 1/4 mile racing is twice as long as it should be is a little ridiculous. In the history of NHRA 1/4 mile racing, over 50 YEARS now, the overall safety record is amazing. With the new attention to safety improvements including shutdown areas, I believe we could go back to 1/4 mile fuel racing and have the next 50 years enjoy an even better record.

it happended before 300 feet
Wrong!
Medlen Crash Caused by Tire failure-»From the Voice of the NASCAR Nation
Goodyear reconstructed the tire and believes that the failure was caused by a puncture, which in turn caused the tire to come apart while the car was traveling at over 300 mile per hour.

“When the tire shake and the tire failure with the blow-out, losing part of the tire, caused it to become extreme shaking, as far as we can tell, his head was shaken side-to-side so violently that it just terribly injured his brain,” Melvin said. “That is it oscillated in a manner that was so violent, the head just -- it just oscillated back and forth from one side to the other. There wasn't a single-point impact involved. It was a relatively high-frequency attack to the brain.”

Melvin clarified exactly what they believe happened based on the data they’ve gathered so far.

“Basically what they're trying to explain is that a portion of the tire that came out caused the remaining tire to come apart radically. However, it stayed attached to the rim,” Melvin said. “When you have a section of the tire that is still connected to the rim and just immediately following that section of tire, there is no tire left on the rim. The radius or distance that piece of the tire was from the center line of the axle that velocity produced a force somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 60,000 pounds, that's 20 to 30 tons worth of force. That outer tread of the tire was still attached to the rim. As it went around, it was intersecting anything in its path and removing that from the racecar. Every time the tire hit the ground, you had a force of somewhere over 40,000 pounds. Then the next immediate area of the rim that rotated went straight down to the racetrack surface.

You have approximately an 18-inch movement up and down with the force of about 40,000 or more pounds.”

for the love of God hasn't this ship sailed yet?!?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

it's been two years can we PLEASE!!!! let the man rest in peace

I was talking to a racer once , he wasnt a drag racer or any kind of big time racer , but he said to me that if you want to race in any kind of motorsport then to write a will. He said that you have to be at complete acceptance of your own mortality and cant be afraid , he said you have to accept that whatever happens happens and that if you sit in that seat and are afraid then you should get out. I will never forget his words and I said to myself after that that when I become a racer I will remember his words . I wish I could remember that guys name .

He wasn't? Everything I remember reading said it happened between half track and the finish line, meaning anywhere from 250 - 300 mph. I'd say that's pretty fast. Then throw in the fact that the out of balance tire caused forces in excess of 40,000 lbs and that's why he was shaken to death.

Brent, I was told by people who were there that Eric hit the wall around 700'. But was off the throttle long before that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back