NHRA Vs ADRL.... (1 Viewer)

Ok, guys here's a business model for you:

Charge $30 to get in, and have 5k fans show up: $150k
Each person comes in and spends $25 on food/drink/tshirt: $125k
Dont charge to park or anything like that. You make $275k.

Now, give away tickets:
40,000 fans show up
Its $10 to park regular or $20 to park in the pits, Lets just say 4 people to a car so $10 x 10,000= $100,000
Now you let them in and lets say they spend $50 per person on stuff b/c they didnt ahve to pay to get in: THATS $2 MILLION.

I think you get the point now.

HRP gets about 60-70,000 for the NHRA race give or take 4-5% each year. And the average ticket is probably $40 factoring in General and Reserved seating, that's $2.4 Million Add pit fees for 500 cars in the pits plus crew, since I have NO idea what Sportman racers spend on Entries and crew I'll just assume Driver plus 2 each at $40 each, at 3 days that's $180,000! Not to mention the Free Parking, And whatever the concession revenue is is anyone's guess. So whichever's more profitable to a track is open for debate, but Houston for being the #4 Market in the country doesn't get nearly the Attendance Dallas, Gainesville or Indy grab.

HRP gets about 60-70,000 for the NHRA race give or take 4-5% each year. And the average ticket is probably $40 factoring in General and Reserved seating, that's $2.4 Million Add pit fees for 500 cars in the pits plus crew, since I have NO idea what Sportman racers spend on Entries and crew I'll just assume Driver plus 2 each at $40 each, at 3 days that's $180,000! Not to mention the Free Parking, And whatever the concession revenue is is anyone's guess. So whichever's more profitable to a track is open for debate, but Houston for being the #4 Market in the country doesn't get nearly the Attendance Dallas, Gainesville or Indy grab.
I wonder how big of a percentage NHRA takes out of that?

Maybe Seth may dump NHRA after all after this year?

Every once in a while you see a track for sale in ND... What's it gonna take for ADRL to start buying up some of these tracks (do they have that kind of capital yet?) and running their own series independantly of any of the HRAs?

Like Tom mentioned.. the NHRAs percentage is big i would bet.. plus... for the NHRA the track has to pay people to work for 4 days.... NHRA does not pay the track workers (conssesion, ticket office clean up crew etc...) for the ADRL... only 2 days..possible 3 days for some for the parking of the haulers...

i believe the tracks also get a bill from the NHRA for a percentage of the advertising they do..but with the ADRL... they cover all those costs....

Billy

Heard they also charge a bunch for Parking..

ADRLs Motorcycle Program, is also way better than NHRAs.

NHRA has been the leader for over 50 years, but signs are becoming clear they may have really lost touch with their racers and fans.

I know of a track other than Houston whose largest, most profitable event wasn't their NHRA National -- it was when they hosted Pinks.

As much as I really dislike Pinks, I have to add that I understand the money wasn't even close.

Every once in a while you see a track for sale in ND... What's it gonna take for ADRL to start buying up some of these tracks (do they have that kind of capital yet?) and running their own series independantly of any of the HRAs?

Yes, the 2 major backers of the series have plenty of $$$. Whether they do it or not remains to be seen. I was told that HRP made more money off the ADRL and Pinks last year than the NHRA race. I dont know if thats true or not, and it doesnt matter. All I know is the ADRL and NHRA totals arent that big of a difference percentage wise by my numbers. It just depends on how everything gets cut up and divided.

Boy, there is a lot of "let's say" and then use it as fact.

Many people, including me, who go to "free events" keep it as free as possible, we don't buy $10.00 hamburger or $5.00 beer or $30.00 t-shirts.

And if you don't think people can't figure out the free tickets and $20.00 parking gig, don't be surprised if you see a whole lot of "buses" in the parking lot.

There may be many people who do that, but they are in the minority.

I'd like some evidence of that. Seems to me that if you advertise an event as "free, Free, FREE!" you're going to get more than your share of penny-pinchers who squeeze every dollar 'til it squeals... :D

but your still getting these pennies that neither normally would get...

I'd like some evidence of that. Seems to me that if you advertise an event as "free, Free, FREE!" you're going to get more than your share of penny-pinchers who squeeze every dollar 'til it squeals... :D

I know at Rockingham for the ADRL event the last two years they have had more outside food vendors come in than for the IHRA events... my favorite one "Chicken on a stick" only comes to the ADRL shows now.. :( think the PINKS all out show had almost as many...

i also noticed the track had two "track booths" open selling track not event t-shirts... past couple years only one booth has been open at the IHRA nationals...

on parking.. Rockingham has the front main lot as free..but.. if you want inside the gate on either side they charge... but is the same for the IHRA events and any other event they have during the year....

Billy

My experience in a variety of businesses, including drag strips, has shown the less you charge up front, the more you make on the back end. People will spend their money at free events. Yes, you will always have those that will never spend a single cent if they are getting in somewhere for free, but you are getting SO MANY more people that your odds of making ancillary sales skyrockets. People say, "man, it didn't cost anything to get in, now I've got money to buy a shirt" or a beer or a hamburger or whatever. All I can tell you is, every single event that we charged little or no entry for, ended up making more money. The fact is, if it didn't work, the ADRL and the tracks wouldn't be doing it.

I am floored that nobody has brought up the lastest article about Nowling over at Comp plus? I figured it would already have 3 pages of posts about it by now.

Why would the ADRL want to buy a track in North Dakota?

He blames NHRA for drivers getting killed?? Sure hope nothing happens at one of his events.

Plain and simple, like it or not if you want to run events at NHRA sanctioned tracks you have to follow their rules. But from the looks of ADRL they don't believe in rules.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back