All NHRA Employees get a 10% Paycut (1 Viewer)

Wow, I hate to hear this for all of the employees and hope nothing but the best for them all. It's hard to say "Congrats" to the NHRA for making this move, but I'm glad they are trying to react in a way to continue normal operations. Wonder if the rain last weekend caused this or if it was going to happen anyway?

DRO is reporting this. This just goes to show how tough it is out there.

:::Drag Racing Online::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 2/12/2009
That is the first I have heard of any company mandating across the board paycuts. In the 3M plant I work in, we just announced temporary 32 hour work weeks to the hourly workforce. Survival is not possible if spending (including payroll) consistently exceeds income on a monthly basis. Its better than losing your job.

At least they still have jobs. That's better than many (Present company included.) can say.

Sucks, but better than the alternative.:(

I'm willing to bet the Rainout at Pomona was the nail in that coffin! Even when the weather did look decent, the crowds were awfull! I bet it's safe to say NHRA lost over $100,000 this past weekend!

NHRA lost over $100,000 this past weekend!

So to make up for it they cut 10% out of the employees pockets? I would be willing to bet that this doesn't happen to the upper management of the NHRA. Probably gave them a 10% increase for coming up with the idea....:eek:

Shannon

The proof will be in the pudding (one way to say the annual reports that include executive's salaries.) If they didn't make substantial cuts, we can consider this another slick move by the Bentley drivers that be.

According to the DRO report..;

"Unconfirmed information indicates that those in management have been reported to taken a larger than 10% pay cut. This is a sad day for the National Hot Rod Association and its members, and yet another indicator of just how bad the economy is and how it is affecting all of motor sports."

--M--

hmmm? Can you cut 10% of min wage? Most of nhra work force is part time people who earn min wage plus a daily per diem. That sucks for all the good employees of nhra that the pay cuts happened. I can only hope that this is only a temp situation.

People work for minimum wage in southern California? :confused:

So to make up for it they cut 10% out of the employees pockets? I would be willing to bet that this doesn't happen to the upper management of the NHRA. Probably gave them a 10% increase for coming up with the idea....:eek:

Shannon

Maybe they should put ticket prices up instead?
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

hmmm? Can you cut 10% of min wage? Most of nhra work force is part time people who earn min wage plus a daily per diem. That sucks for all the good employees of nhra that the pay cuts happened. I can only hope that this is only a temp situation.
Tim, You may have been being sarcastic but if not I think you misunderstand what the NHRA did. This is obviously for full time people employed by NHRA. The Board, National Dragster, Tech. Services, Sales, Marketing, the Museum, etc. People that draw a salary and receive benefits because this is thier fulltime day job. The part-time National Event workers are not considered employees of the company (the legal term escapes me right now, I think it is "At Will" but not sure). Thier pay is dictated by Federal and State laws and does vary from event to event depending on the wage laws in that state. Yes the part time wages are based on the state where the event is being held so a "cut" could not be legally possible. The way they would save money there, is to bring in less workers for an event. Sucks, but it will probably happen.

We don't need a weatherman to tell us which way the wind is blowing.

This is a tough environment for EVERYONE! NHRA is doing the right thing.

Not trying to be partisan but, does ANYBODY think the so-called "Stimulus" is going to help ANYONE (other than the politcos)?

Free up lending, give the people and business some tax incentives and forget about these damned embedded spending increases and get the government out of the way!

Tim, You may have been being sarcastic but if not I think you misunderstand what the NHRA did. This is obviously for full time people employed by NHRA. The Board, National Dragster, Tech. Services, Sales, Marketing, the Museum, etc. People that draw a salary and receive benefits because this is thier fulltime day job. The part-time National Event workers are not considered employees of the company (the legal term escapes me right now, I think it is "At Will" but not sure). Thier pay is dictated by Federal and State laws and does vary from event to event depending on the wage laws in that state. Yes the part time wages are based on the state where the event is being held so a "cut" could not be legally possible. The way they would save money there, is to bring in less workers for an event. Sucks, but it will probably happen.
thanks jim. Yes i was being sarcastic about 'us' part time at will employees. I know that its the full time people. I still think it sucks for most of those people. 10% of $40 k is more of an impact than 10% of $300,000 that the board of directors makes for a few hours of work weekly. As i have stated in previous years, for what i get to do a few weeks during the year, I would work on the safety safari for free...

Companies are doing this all over. I work for a company that made 25 billion last year and all core downstream employees are not getting a pay raise this year due to the recession. The forecast is that the market rates of salaries are actually going to deflate.

Shannon

Across the board means everybody no one is excluded......;)

I'm willing to bet the Rainout at Pomona was the nail in that coffin! Even when the weather did look decent, the crowds were awfull! I bet it's safe to say NHRA lost over $100,000 this past weekend!

Unfortunately it will be the that way the rest of the year no matter how many entries show up.:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back