NHRA's Version Of The Shakedown?? (1 Viewer)

To clarify; that track IS an IHRA track!!!
Why would NHRA have an event at a non-NHRA track???
???
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To clarify; that track IS an IHRA track!!!
Why would NHRA have an event at a non-NHRA track???
???
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

how do you know that VMP isn't looking at returning to nhra. . I was told through the grapevine that VMP was not happy when IHRA unveiled their "new" format over the winter which did away with doorslammer action. VMP always attracts doorslammer fans and great car turnouts because of it's southern location.

Yeah, people are acting as if NHRA doesn't know any of this. I'm quite sure that they've addressed all of that already.

how do you know that VMP isn't looking at returning to nhra. . I was told through the grapevine that VMP was not happy when IHRA unveiled their "new" format over the winter which did away with doorslammer action. VMP always attracts doorslammer fans and great car turnouts because of it's southern location.

NHRA dumped VMP, IHRA dumped VMP, NHRA dumped VMP again. Why would they want them back? They never would do what they said they would. Upgrade the place or clean it during an event.

NHRA dumped VMP, IHRA dumped VMP, NHRA dumped VMP again. Why would they want them back? They never would do what they said they would. Upgrade the place or clean it during an event.
if I knew I would be glad to tell. . I just know that when NHRA dumped VMP 2 years ago in favor of memphis, VMP wasn't aware of the wonderful new plans of IHRA before signing a sanction contract. and if you remember ,it wasn't until around august that VMP announced the return of the IHRA (so called) national event. thats because there was no singed "event" contract till then. Did you ever noticed on IHRA's schedule, the VMP date had a little "TBA" next to it until late in the year. Maybe VMP is willing to accept a "wanna be" event from NHRA over the "Big Top" style event they had this year.. . .who knows all the facts, I doubt too many people will.

How many times has VMP made the switch back and forth now???

if I knew I would be glad to tell. . I just know that when NHRA dumped VMP 2 years ago in favor of memphis, VMP wasn't aware of the wonderful new plans of IHRA before signing a sanction contract. and if you remember ,it wasn't until around august that VMP announced the return of the IHRA (so called) national event. thats because there was no singed "event" contract till then. Did you ever noticed on IHRA's schedule, the VMP date had a little "TBA" next to it until late in the year. Maybe VMP is willing to accept a "wanna be" event from NHRA over the "Big Top" style event they had this year.. . .who knows all the facts, I doubt too many people will.

The IHRA tracks that hosted a Nitro Jam event had an option to bring in door classes in addition to the regularly schedule 3 classes if they liked... It is not IHRA's fault that VMP did not take advantage of that...

The IHRA tracks that hosted a Nitro Jam event had an option to bring in door classes in addition to the regularly schedule 3 classes if they liked... It is not IHRA's fault that VMP did not take advantage of that...

true, and I'm not trying to start anything, but I do know several top sportsman racers that were there thursday to park and by sunday they had loaded up swearing to never come back because the event was so far behind schedule. The guy that won top sportsman is a good friend of mine and he said the final round was monday late afternoon. so I guess it's a good thing nothing extra was brought in for an added show. Who do you blame the show running that far behind on, the track or people running the show?

true, and I'm not trying to start anything, but I do know several top sportsman racers that were there thursday to park and by sunday they had loaded up swearing to never come back because the event was so far behind schedule. The guy that won top sportsman is a good friend of mine and he said the final round was monday late afternoon. so I guess it's a good thing nothing extra was brought in for an added show. Who do you blame the show running that far behind on, the track or people running the show?

The weather.

Exactly, the IHRA VMP event was plaqued by weather all weekend. I think the "pros" only got one day in themselves. Pretty sure they had a real decent crowd for that day though. I don't think VMP is going anywhere but I wouldn't blame them for at least trying to run a PS/PM event with the NHRA stars if they could get away with it. MIR, another IHRA track, has run an event with NHRA PS racers for years so I don't see what the big deal would be.:confused:

MIR, another IHRA track, has run an event with NHRA PS racers for years so I don't see what the big deal would be.:confused:

The big deal would be that this race (if you believe the article) would count towards the points for the PS/PM racers. For that to happen, VMP would have to be NHRA sanctioned. If it's just going to be a big money race, than there is no problem.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back