Janis Team Headed For the Shakedown (1 Viewer)

Elma, NY – Two-Time IHRA Pro Mod Series Champ, Mike Janis will be making an uncharacteristic appearance outside of IHRA legal racing when he heads to Englishtown, NJ for the sixth annual Shakedown at E-Town.

With the Shakedown promising to be the premier ¼ mile Outlaw Pro Mod event of the year Mike Janis and his Mike Janis Racing crew couldn't pass it up. "We've had quite a big break from the IHRA tour and my guys are getting a little antsy and with 20K up for grabs the Shakedown looks really appealing," said Driver and Team Owner Mike Janis.

"We never really attend "Outlaw" events," said Janis. For years our main focus has been IHRA legal racing and it will remain to be, but the Outlaw movement is growing by leaps and bounds and to ignore it would be foolish. We've built several outlaw combinations for ADRL teams at our engine shop (Jan-Cen Motorsports) and have noticed the growing popularity. To be honest though, the 20 K is a big attraction but I'm really hoping to relax and have some fun at the races."

The Janis team will be bringing their Dan Page built '67 Firebird to the event and the team has decided to stick to their program and run IHRA rules at the event. "We talked about changing a few things, but in the long run that couldn't be advantageous to us. We think our car has had the ability to run in the .80's all year. We just haven't had the opportunity to do it. Englishtown is always a fast track, now add in a cool fall night and I'm sure the potential of a low .90 or a high 80 will be there. We'll just have to take advantage of what we're given," said crew chief Mike Janis Jr.

The Sixth annual Shakedown at E-Town will take place at Englishtown, New Jersey's Old Bridge Township Raceway Park on Saturday October Fourth and Sunday October Fifth. For more information on the Shakedown at E-Town go to The Shakedown at E'Town - Official Website

Promodifieds.US will have live on-line coverage from the Shakedown at Etown Tape delay television coverage on SPEED TV will also be included as part of the title sponsorship. The air dates for the event will be announced later.

Photo By: Roger Richards

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back