This is what a Nostalgia Funny Car SHOULD look like (1 Viewer)

Very nice pic, Paul.

Harvest time with all the corn in the background ready to be plucked...love it.

:cool: I'm glad to see the exclusion of side spill plates. Many N/FC's are adding them now.

That's what all funny cars should look like instead of these things they race now.

I agree wholeheartedly! They keep trying out different engine combinations to slow the cars down. Maybe they should just look at making the bodies less aero, require stock windshield dimensions and angle and get rid of the huge rear spoiler and spillplates used today. If the cars can't handle at 300 mph then they won't be pushing them so hard. I'd love to see mid 5 second times at a full 1/4 mile with long, smokey, non throttle stop burn outs. Maybe then you'd see more little guys in the class too. Sounds like a win-win to me.:rolleyes:

That's what all funny cars should look like instead of these things they race now.

icon_werd.gif

Very nice!! Time for some dry hops and 1/8th mile burnouts!

When you build your own N/FC you can do dry hops and 1/2 mile burnouts, until then there wasn't one funny car dry hop by the 37 nitro funny cars on the track at the recent California Hot Rod Reunion and I would guess that 99% of the spectators didn't miss dry hops, they just enjoyed some great nitro racing!

When you build your own N/FC you can do dry hops and 1/2 mile burnouts, until then there wasn't one funny car dry hop by the 37 nitro funny cars on the track at the recent California Hot Rod Reunion and I would guess that 99% of the spectators didn't miss dry hops, they just enjoyed some great nitro racing!

Umm ok? I wasn't saying he had to. I'm thinking back when all the cars did.

And if they didn't miss dry hops then there must not have been a lot of fans of the golden era of racing there. Almost everyone that I talk to from that era loved dry hops and would love to see them back again.

And if they didn't miss dry hops then there must not have been a lot of fans of the golden era of racing there.

You must not have been at the Reunion to see the demographics.

Dry hops sure aren't need for racing today and there's too much sticky stuff on the track for most to do 1/2 track burnouts.

There is a Mustang funny car being built now that is going to do dry hops, most N/FC drivers seem to prefer putting on a show by going quick.

Dream on...

Last edited:
I was there and MISSED the dry hops. As for the car in this post, I think it is a little too "late model; for nostalgia. I thought it was all supposed to be pre 74.

This is what a nostalgia funny car should look like

stardust-nitro-nostalgia-funny-car.jpg

Last edited:
I was there and MISSED the dry hops. As for the car in this post, I think it is a little too "late model; for nostalgia. I thought it was all supposed to be pre 74.

No, per the rules bodies need to be '65 to '79 American made replicas, including Jeeps and Topless Corvettes. That car is 1980.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back