This is what a Nostalgia Funny Car SHOULD look like (1 Viewer)

There's nothing wrong with a performace based class. Just have a good rules package in place that will limit performance (and enforce them) and DON'T MESS WITH THE RULES once there made. Change in the rules is what costs BIG money.

I dont understand everyone wanting to change the rules now... The quickest ET in the class has only increased by .03 in the last 3 years if I am not mistaken (dont have all the results updated yet)... Seems to me that the other cars are finally getting a handle on it... Changing the rules now would be the stupidest thing NHRA could do... Start policing the rules they got would be my start...

Side note, there will NEVER be enough unity out there amoungst all the people running nostalgia nitro funny cars right now to make a true 32 nostalgia funny car show happen. Everyone is out from themselves and they don't want to listen to anyone who would try to unite them. Plus, $$$$ is the only thing that truely motivates the majority of them....Doing it for the love of it? Ya right.

What do you call a true 32 car show?... Seems to me there was one in March of this year...

The March Meet did have 32 N/FC there and it was an all-run because there were only 32 there to race.

The issue I have is with that many cars in that one class, it takes too long to run it. Sometimes more than two hours, which to me is not a good show when there is more than a couple of clean-up downtime. Too much downtime and time between cars running down the track takes away from the show. Spectator attention moves away from what is happening on the track.

The whole idea of having a "loose" index is to keep costs in tact and to keep the event moving. It's fair for everyone their.

Last edited:
You seem to be mistaking the AA/FC(NFC) for the AA/FD(NTF)... At the CHRR they had 35 cars make a qualifying pass on friday in less than 1 hour... Saturday netted the same results... Only downtime really seen from the AA/FC was when they happened to take out a timing cone...

And having any type of index takes the Heads-up out of the race... A Nitro Funny Car of any year is not meant to be a bracket car...

Ummm 32 cars made qualifying runs at the march meet... There were 2 rounds of qualifying and 5 rounds of eliminations... How is that not a 32 car ELIMINATION field? Just for your information, there were 120 passes made by AA/FC at the March Meet... And another 100+ at the CHRR... If that isnt a show I dont know what is...

Last edited:
32 cars parked in the pits does not make a race. Chicago style 32 car f/c field? Not a lot of runs for the fans, unless this is a one day event.

Excuse me, but I'm not sure which planet you are referring to:

Will this sheet work for a total of two runs spread over two days, for a 16 car field? It was a damn good show in qualifying and eliminations.

NFC_CHHR_FINAL_Q.jpg

Excuse me, but I'm not sure which planet you are referring to:

Will this sheet work for a total of two runs spread over two days, for a 16 car field? It was a damn good show in qualifying and eliminations.

NFC_CHHR_FINAL_Q.jpg

As I said....this kind of a show twice a year....and? For this many NFCs out there, you'd think there'd be more shows or events here on the West Coast with such high demand...huh? And why aren't there more large shows? Money...period. So between March and October all we get to hear about is how the majority of these guys out there aren't getting paid enough come out to the track...:rolleyes:

Ummm 32 cars made qualifying runs at the march meet... There were 2 rounds of qualifying and 5 rounds of eliminations... How is that not a 32 car ELIMINATION field? Just for your information, there were 120 passes made by AA/FC at the March Meet... And another 100+ at the CHRR... If that isnt a show I dont know what is...

5 rounds of NFC were run AT the CHRR AT Famoso???? really...who won the final? :rolleyes:

You need to learn some reading comprehension... Where did I say in my post that the CHRR was a 32 car field? I said the March Meet was a 32 car field... I told you how many runs were made at both events... Both were great shows...

And to answer your question, Leah Pruett-Leduc vs Mark Hentges in the CHRR final to be run at Pomona since it was called due to weather...

And to answer your question, Leah Pruett-Leduc vs Mark Hentges in the CHRR final to be run at Pomona since it was called due to weather...

Eric don't fall for another a pointless debate with a bitter altered driver who already knows it all. AA/FC is the fastest growing class in drag racing. :)

Eric don't fall for another a pointless debate with a bitter altered driver who already knows it all. AA/FC is the fastest growing class in drag racing. :)

Bitter altered driver? Bitter about what exactly? Maybe the fastest growing class with very little direction. Until you get this "group" on the same page and can get them to agree on where to race and with whom to race....good luck keeping it going. It's the flavor of the month.

I don't believe that I am saying anything that isn't true or that I am bad mouthing those involved. I can stand back and see where that train is heading without being on board....:rolleyes:

You need to learn some reading comprehension... Where did I say in my post that the CHRR was a 32 car field? I said the March Meet was a 32 car field... I told you how many runs were made at both events... Both were great shows...

Misreading your post doesn't make me an idiot, but continuing to debate you would come close....So, you have an arguement for ONE 32 car NFC this year....thanks for enforcing my point. :rolleyes:

And ya, I know when and where the final is being run...I'm going to be there.

Last edited:
And ya, I know when and where the final is being run...I'm going to be there.

I hope two things transpire at that final. First, someone gives you a Wally for being NitroMater's all-time Rolleyes Champion, and second, I hope Leah wins, right after Hentges kicks a rod that will fly out and hit you right upside the head, in the hopes that it will knock some sense into you....perhaps even a bit of common decency.

You know something, Van Osten? You may be the most brilliant and accomplished racer in history, and I'm all for challenging and engaging debate - but this nonstop ridicule on your part goes beyond irritating. There isn't a person on this forum that respects one thing you have to say. You are becoming a forum zero. And that's pretty stinking sad.

And don't waste your time sending me a snotty PM like you did the last time I got in your chili. :mad:

Last edited:
I hope two things transpire at that final. First, someone gives you a Wally for being NitroMater's all-time Rolleyes Champion, and second, I hope Leah wins, right after Hentges kicks a rod that will fly out and hit you right upside the head, in the hopes that it will knock some sense into you....perhaps even a bit of common decency.

You know something, Van Osten? You may be the most brilliant and accomplished racer in history, and I'm all for challenging and engaging debate - but this nonstop ridicule on your part goes beyond irritating. There isn't one person on this forum that respects one thing you have to say. You are a forum zero. And that's pretty stinking sad.

And don't waste your time sending me a snotty PM like you did the last time I got in your chili. :mad:

Ridicule of what?....someone stated all the demand for NFC....and I asked where is all the demand if they can't get more than 2 major events a year on the West Coast where the majority of the cars are located? The points I am making are that until someone takes control of this class and gives it some direction, it will run into the same issues that have plagued nostalgia top fuel racing. There are not enough tracks on the West Coast for a lot of events. People aren't going to pay to see NFCs every other weekend. The tracks are going to pay the racers what they think they are worth...nothing there you can argue with, period.
So you don't like what I have to say...so f*cking what, I'm not making things up or bad mouthing anyone one person directly....I am just pointing out issues that are going to plague this class and the all the other classes that have come before it. Glad you can resort to hoping someone is seriously injured because you don't like their opinion...I stand behind the comments I made towards you before...you're an assh+le.

Last edited:
So much here you don't seem to understand Van man

Yes the majority of the NFC's are on the west coast, but there are well over 90 across the country and in Canada right now. What was the biggest number of current NTF cars in the last decade maybe 30 to 35 (wish there were more cause they are *****in too). The NFC class may not have a real direction, but I don't think it will have a real effect on them. The East Coast guys will continue to get booked in on the East Coast (with their rules and whatever payout they negotiate). The Mid West seems to be pretty solid with a number of bookings and events for decent pay and their are a decent number of cars and the rules there most seem to agree with.
The west coast have close to 50 cars and there are 3-5 decent races. MM, CHRR, Nightfires, Seattle will have a 16 car field in 2011, and I think Mission is going to try as well, plus the Sacramento races. The class is going through extreme growing pains and there is some issues with rules, but I don't think it will go by way of the dodo bird anytime soon.
From the info I have there are at least 25 cars being built that will debut in 2011. Other than Pro Mods as a feature class, there are more NFC's than anything else. (Actually the number of NFC's is around the same as TAD's and TAFC's).

Dean-wad:D

I asked where is all the demand if they can't get more than 2 major events a year on the West Coast where the majority of the cars are located? The points I am making are that until someone takes control of this class and gives it some direction, it will run into the same issues that have plagued nostalgia top fuel racing. There are not enough tracks on the West Coast for a lot of events. People aren't going to pay to see NTCs every other weekend. The tracks are going to pay the racers what they think they are worth...

Every word of the above is sensible and most likely contains elements of truth. Why couldn't you just leave it at that, instead of injecting all the smack talk into every one of your conversations? And do I hope to see you seriously injured?? Hehehe....you sound like one of those Huffington Post spin doctors....:eek: Geezus, Van Osten, do you need help? Are you on drugs? Do you hate flowers, fresh air and little children?

For what it's worth, my wife calls me an AH on a daily basis, so you ain't gettin' no virgin, pal. ;)

OK, we've said our peace; we can take each other off our respective Christmas Card lists. Now, try being civil to the other folks around here and maybe they'll start taking you seriously. I took this thread off topic, so I reckon I'm the bad guy. Oh, well...that's how it goes sometimes.

Back to NFC's, everybody....:)

So much here you don't seem to understand Van man

Yes the majority of the NFC's are on the west coast, but there are well over 90 across the country and in Canada right now. What was the biggest number of current NTF cars in the last decade maybe 30 to 35 (wish there were more cause they are *****in too). The NFC class may not have a real direction, but I don't think it will have a real effect on them. The East Coast guys will continue to get booked in on the East Coast (with their rules and whatever payout they negotiate). The Mid West seems to be pretty solid with a number of bookings and events for decent pay and their are a decent number of cars and the rules there most seem to agree with.
The west coast have close to 50 cars and there are 3-5 decent races. MM, CHRR, Nightfires, Seattle will have a 16 car field in 2011, and I think Mission is going to try as well, plus the Sacramento races. The class is going through extreme growing pains and there is some issues with rules, but I don't think it will go by way of the dodo bird anytime soon.
From the info I have there are at least 25 cars being built that will debut in 2011. Other than Pro Mods as a feature class, there are more NFC's than anything else. (Actually the number of NFC's is around the same as TAD's and TAFC's).

Dean-wad:D

Good for them Deano....the more the merrier. You could have 200 NFCs on the West Coast...does that translate to 16 and 32 care fields every other weekend, or will that instead translate into 100 NFCs showing up for the 8-16 car field at the March Meet? What all of you that are jumping in my sh+t are missing is that I am not wishing them bad will....I'm bringing up the points that are against them right now. Yep, they have growing pains and yep, they don't have a solid direction...but if rules, costs, pay outs, etc, etc, etc aren't kept in check now, when will they? I don't forsee fans paying big show attendance prices to see the NFCs race. I don't see sponsors lining up to pay the racers or tracks, promotors, etc to put on huge NFC events. If and when that happens, hell, great...but here in reality, good luck.

Last edited:
Every word of the above is sensible and most likely contains elements of truth. Why couldn't you just leave it at that, instead of injecting all the smack talk into every one of your conversations? ....:)

Smack talk? I'm not the one calling names and making personal attacks on the others here. I brought up perfectly valid points and the others got their panties wadded up. Maybe more actual racers can comment on this and give insight to the direction they see this class (or classes, since there seems to be various rules depending on where you are located)heading over the next 5 years. I think Virgil Hartman is a very smart guy and has a great game plan for back in his area. No such luck out here in La La Land.

Sh+t, a few months ago I heard a rumor that a certain team (I once had some respect for) was going to park their NFC. So I asked about it online and you would have thought I raped their moms and kicked their dogs. It's unfortunate that some of these guys have egos bigger than the moon...maybe they'd all get along better and actual work together if they didn't think that the NFC world revolved around themselves.

This is boring the hell out of me now....I'm done.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back