NHRA Vs ADRL.... (1 Viewer)

Thank you Thomas.
So just where does nhra get off telling another Org. what their rules should be??
And telling the track owner what he can & can't do.???

This happened a couple of years ago. I think it's a insurance issue and the tracks have to comply with the NHRA rules. Then they loose there insurance for noncompliance to NHRA rules.

So even though nhra is NOT hosting this event, they can still dictate what rules the ADRL has to use??

I would think if the ADRL wanted to race babes in bakini's on unicycles, it would be up to the track & ADRL. Not nhra???

The NHRA is getting their thunder stolen by little ole' grass roots ADRL.
. . . Let the fit throwing begin . . .

I look at other sporting venues. MLB, NFL, NHL and the NBA all play locally in my area. When they aren't in town all kinds of other activities happen at those arenas/stadiums including the same sport. Not sure how NHRA can tell them what to do when they don't own it.

Is there something wrong or dangerous in adrl's rules?

I say Houston call their bluff. No way they would bump your race this year and I do believe several other nhra national event tracks hold adrl events. They wouldn't bump them all. I plan on taking in my first adrl event later this summer.

would be kinda the shizzit if the NHRA canceled their own event by disqualifying a track they are scheduled event wise into in 3 weeks.
But, I can see this being turned into a 'COST SAVING MEASURE" in the medias by those 'Smarter than the average Bear'...........eh BooBoo!
I say keep you ASS on the right side of the ASO fence!

well 6 of the 10 events are at nhra national event tracks and a 7th is at Columbus which nhra owns(which is the only one that they have the right to call the rules)

I don't see them following through with pulling anational event, especially if the tracks band together. Tough economic times they need every event they can to make cash

I honestly want to understand these type of rulings and not just be isn't nhra so its wrong. But things like this, the strasburg deal and so on just make it hard to have much faith in their decision making process.

ALL NHRA sanctioned tracks have to follow certain rules to maintain that sanction, and they know that from the very beginning. Those rules cover everything from A to Z and must be complied with. I see NHRA's concern, but I also agree that it could have been handled better. A simple call to express concerns WITHOUT the threats and we wouldn't be talking about this. Like has been said before, it's their sandbox, play by their rules or go play somewhere else. Frankly, I don't see ADRL or HRP going somewhere else. HRP is one of the best tracks and makes alot of money for both parties. The only other place to play, as far as HRP is concerned, is IHRA and their national events leave alot to be desired. FLAME AWAY!

God only knows what went on and/or the state of negotiations before it came to this point. Making this threat at this late date (and publicly) seems a no-win for NHRA. They can't (won't) carry it through and pull their sanctioning of either event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back