NHRA new sponsor hint (1 Viewer)

I always thought Red Bull would be a great fit and they certainly could afford it. I would have bet on In-N-Out stepping up with their expansion to the east to be more of a nationwide chain, not to mention the owner’s connection to drag racing. Mission has certainly done a good job and would appear to be a good fit.

Who knows how much an NHRA Season Title Sponsorship costs, but whatever it is, does Mission Foods have that kind of money?
It is so much less than it should be. That is one of the main reasons that payouts are nowhere close to what they should be. Coca Cola was paying only 5.7 million per year. When CW jumped in the figure was real close to that number.

It is so much less than it should be. That is one of the main reasons that payouts are nowhere close to what they should be. Coca Cola was paying only 5.7 million per year. When CW jumped in the figure was real close to that number.

Thanks, Chris for that info on the amounts Coke was paying.

Didn't know Mission Foods was part of a big conglomerate. Good to see that they could afford it if interested in the Title Sponsorship.

anyone know who at mission foods was drawn to nhra? or did a team or the nhra approach mission? they've been in other motorsports, including indy car,
but really made a big splash in the nhra this year; on track, and in paddock/vendor area.
also wonder who thought up the 2fast2tasty saturday deal? IMO it's possibly the best improvement to a national event weekend.....maybe ever.

anyone know who at mission foods was drawn to nhra? or did a team or the nhra approach mission? they've been in other motorsports, including indy car,
but really made a big splash in the nhra this year; on track, and in paddock/vendor area.
also wonder who thought up the 2fast2tasty saturday deal? IMO it's possibly the best improvement to a national event weekend.....maybe ever.
While not certain, I do believe it was from Angelle or her marketing team. First she has them on her bike with V&H. When the ride was gone, she became the spokesperson for Mission and the 2Fast2Tasty challenge. Now that she is back running again, they are on her car.

While not certain, I do believe it was from Angelle or her marketing team. First she has them on her bike with V&H. When the ride was gone, she became the spokesperson for Mission and the 2Fast2Tasty challenge. Now that she is back running again, they are on her car.
that would be interesting to know how that all came about. was it V&H who approached mission? or angelle, or someone close to her?......then who thought up the challenge?
it's all good. they certainly retained angelle as spokesperson, and now w/her racing again. wonder if she will race and be spokesperson in '24? i would hope the saturday challenge
continues into future, either as mission 2fast/2tasty, or other sponsor. it's more money available to teams over course of 15 or so races.

Agree on the 2fast2tasty Saturday races. Initially I was skeptical that teams wouldn't really try to win those races when they're busy trying to qualify but I've been beyond impressed with how seriously the pro teams have taken the chance to gain playoff points throughout the regular season. Also impressed with their sponsor activation at NHRA races. On another note, their tortilla chips and salsa are magnificent!

never heard of them before, I've bought some of their products since. The marketing and sponsorship is working

I've been enjoying Mission Food Products here in Washington State since 1979 or 1980.
When I make tacos, at least twice a month. It has to be Mission street tacos flour tortillas.
Plus, I use them for bitchin breakfast burritos. And if I remember right when I went to the
drag boat races at Lake Ming (East of Bakersfield) couple of times in the early 90s Mission
Foods was the main sponsor of the IHBA "International Hot Boat Association"
NHRA and Mission Food would be a great fit!

1698501007899.png

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back