New nhra.tv (1 Viewer)

Same issues with rewinding and live as some you guys are experiencing. Had to miss the first 2 hours and planned on playing catch up which does not look an option at this point

I realized this morning the NHRA app is on Google play store for my TV, I watched all day on my TV using the app on the TV.
Thanks for that hint, I searched again (didn’t find it a couple of weeks ago) and installed the new app on TV. App works well and no more casting from my phone, yaaa!
Streaming quality with new provider is much better here downunder, and Support is waaay more responsive 👍
I see some technical issues today, hey they can take a Mulligan… everything else is improved 😁

Last edited:
I paused the feed after Nitro Rd 2, ran errands for 2.5 hours, then jumped through the last two rounds with no issues.

Overall a pretty good product this weekend. 7/10.

Good video quality and nitro car volume was good.

The bad is the small hiccup with the power, but can't fault them too much for that. The big issue is I cannot hear any volume on any naturally aspirated cars/bikes. Get that figured out and minimize any small errors/issues, it would be a 10/10.

I just tried to watch Sunday eliminations and there isn't even a link for it. It says "watch live" and then throws it to a rewind episode. Friday and Saturday worked fine.

I signed up for the Gators event to see how it worked. All things considered it streamed pretty well except for the power glitch (which is excusable) and sometimes the screen would go back to the home screen, and I would have to start the live feed over, a major inconvenience if I wasn't paying as attention as I was not able to rewind.
I experimented and was able to watch the stream on my Windows PC, my Ipad, Firestick, Pixel phone and iNvida shield with the same results.
However, I'm still on the fence about signing up for the whole year. I know for sure I'll get the U.S. event.

I realized this morning the NHRA app is on Google play store for my TV, I watched all day on my TV using the app on the TV.
I finally found that on my TV on Sunday. And it won't permanently add the app to my list of apps. It worked pretty well, we will see if it automatically logs me in next time I try it or if I have to start the process over again. Thanks for the tip!

Well here's my experience... Signed up for NHRA TV, first time. Streamed the Div7 race and last weekends Baby Gators, No issues very happy with the service. For the Gators I streamed all four days Thurs thru Sat no issues but Sunday the stream kept dropping out and would come back playing earlier (completed) rounds, a lot of Deja vu moments. and when the Stream was current the Audio and Video lagged continuously. I wasn't thrilled about tit but hoping it wont be a regular issue.

Just wondering, is the Phoenix Friday night replay missing for anyone else?
Yes, and this is really pissing me off. If we can't watch it live, we can't watch it? I've always been able to watch it at my leisure if I couldn't watch it live. I come home from a concert last night about midnight Eastern time and promptly sit down to catch up on the days racing, and NOTHING! No link. This is a joke and I will not continue my subscription if I can't live my life and watch when I want. Especially when the time zone difference is so big between where the race is taking place and where I live.

I wanted to watch Friday pro session just after the live feed concluded and it wasn't available . I checked earlier this morning and it still wasn't there. I checked again just a little while ago 10:00 AM E.S.T. and it was there.

I'll be honest. This "new and improved" app has been terrible. The video is playing 1 frame per second for Phoenix Friday. You can't access the video whenever you want on the day of the event. You click "watch live" and it sends you to some rerun of a nhra rewind show. Wish they would have just kept the old setup. Strongly considering to ditch it once my renewal comes up.

I agree. Now it's there, but won't play properly. After the first couple of years of issues, it has been good the last couple of years. Now it's beyond terrible.

I was finally able to find Friday but going to search and typing “Phoenix”. But it is playing back at one frame per second on both my Roku and iPhone. Not impressed.

I rarely watch NHRA.TV live, but I never miss a race.

I really hope they get the replays available the same day of the event.

It appears it takes a day before the replay is available.

Too bad.

Usually have my son over for Sunday supper and we watch the eliminations show in the evening, while I watch the qualifying show on Sunday afternoon before he arrives.

Gators elimination replay show was not available that Sunday, .

See how it goes today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back