New nhra.tv (1 Viewer)

This is exactly what I was trying to explain. A cetain someone had problems in the past but it worked fine this weekend.
The only thing I can say is, I doubt it's a fault on your end, it's probably somewhere between the NHRA.TV broadcast and your house. Please read my previous post on possible causes.
However, and you don't have to disclose this info if you don't want to, but it would be interesting to know what section of the country you live in, the Northeast, West, etc.
And a 350 mbps download should be OK.
I am in the Inland Empire region in SoCal. About 35 miles from Pomona.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain. A cetain someone had problems in the past but it worked fine this weekend.
The only thing I can say is, I doubt it's a fault on your end, it's probably somewhere between the NHRA.TV broadcast and your house. Please read my previous post on possible causes.
However, and you don't have to disclose this info if you don't want to, but it would be interesting to know what section of the country you live in, the Northeast, West, etc.
And a 350 mbps download should be OK.
Jimi, I'm in Michigan.

Let's see if I got this right, here's a guy in Michigan who was having problems with NHRA.TV during the Phoenix race, but the following week, the Pomona race was OK.
Then there's a guy in SoCal that had no problems at all for the Phoenix race, but, lives close to the Pomona track and had a buffering issue.
I'm still thinking it's not an NHRA.TV problem, it's what happens between thier broadcast and when it gets to your viewing device.
I want to be clear that your viewing device (phone, Roku, Firestick, Windows Edge, etc.) can be the issue itself. Here's a couple of thoughts for consideration. Clear out the cache on your device, reboot the device, log out and log back in on the app itself, even consider unstalling the app and reinstalling it.
Long story short, technology has surpassed humanity.

Jimi, several people had the same issues I had during the Phoenix race. The people saying they had no problem, didn't try to do the same things those of us that had problems, were doing. Specifically not seeing the link to the friday qualifying replay on friday night until midday Saturday. Then, once link did appear, the playback did not play correctly. I bet if you asked NHRA.TV if these were issues on Friday night/Saturday, they'd tell you they did have an issue.

Jimi, several people had the same issues I had during the Phoenix race. The people saying they had no problem, didn't try to do the same things those of us that had problems, were doing. Specifically not seeing the link to the friday qualifying replay on friday night until midday Saturday. Then, once link did appear, the playback did not play correctly. I bet if you asked NHRA.TV if these were issues on Friday night/Saturday, they'd tell you they did have an issue.
That may well be, but how can some people have problems and some don't for the same race?

That may well be, but how can some people have problems and some don't for the same race?
Like I said, I don't think some people were trying to do the same things those of us that had the particular problems I had, were. I believe the link to the friday night replay was gone for everyone, from after the friday show ended, until saturday midday. I believe anyone that tried to watch the friday night replay on saturday when the link did finally appear, did have the same issues several of us had with it not playing back correctly. There were no circles or buffering issues, just a jumping one frame at a time issue. I'm 99.9% sure this was an NHRA.TV issue, which they corrected for the Pomona race. All links were there after each show ended, and were playing back correctly.

My biggest complaint was the concern they weren't going to make the replays available same day after the race was over. Obviously the Phoenix friday night was a technical issue because they've all been available since that glitch.

The circles issues and buffering issues, I'd bet you're on the right track of it being an in home, or provider issue.

I apologize if I've seemed pissy about this, but I was. I want to watch the service I pay for, when I want to watch it. It's always been that way and I jumped to the conclusion that they had maybe changed that. Thankfully they did not.

Let's see if I got this right, here's a guy in Michigan who was having problems with NHRA.TV during the Phoenix race, but the following week, the Pomona race was OK.
Then there's a guy in SoCal that had no problems at all for the Phoenix race, but, lives close to the Pomona track and had a buffering issue.
I'm still thinking it's not an NHRA.TV problem, it's what happens between thier broadcast and when it gets to your viewing device.
I want to be clear that your viewing device (phone, Roku, Firestick, Windows Edge, etc.) can be the issue itself. Here's a couple of thoughts for consideration. Clear out the cache on your device, reboot the device, log out and log back in on the app itself, even consider unstalling the app and reinstalling it.
Long story short, technology has surpassed humanity.
I think the device used is the key thing. Pomona was the first race I was able to stream this year. I was getting booted off ever so often on all three days. On Sunday it kicked me off several times. I always throw the race from my IPad to my smart TV. I switched to using my phone instead of my iPad and it worked flawlessly the rest of the day.

Inside the NHRA.TV broadcast trailer.
Networking.jpg

I think the device used is the key thing. Pomona was the first race I was able to stream this year. I was getting booted off ever so often on all three days. On Sunday it kicked me off several times. I always throw the race from my IPad to my smart TV. I switched to using my phone instead of my iPad and it worked flawlessly the rest of the day.
Thank you for confirming what I've been saying all along.

First of all, I've had NHRA.TV since day one. Never any real issues, just the Gator's this year booted
off 3 times over 4 days, just log out and log back in, no big deal. Ever since I went with ROKU 4 or
5 years ago it's great, plus never any problems with my computer or phone. I live in Washington State
and I have Comcast and AT&T as my provider. I think the Gator's was just NHRA new streaming
service? The bitch I have, I can't hear the cars and stop turning the camera away when there is a
fire or crash. I don't turn away when I'm sitting in the stands! One more thing the DJ get rid of that
crap, hoping it's water will break and it will have to take leave of absence (For Ever), And the red circle
I have know idea what people are talking about never seen that. Well that's not true saw red circles
from the mid 70s to the mid 80s, that is a story for another day. I think it come's down to what part
of the country you live or the world.

Last edited:
First of all, I've had NHRA.TV since day one. Never any real issues, just the Gator's this year booted
off 3 times over 4 days, just log out and log back in, no big deal. Ever since I went with ROKU 4 or
5 years ago it's great, plus never any problems with my computer or phone. I live in Washington State
and I have Comcast and AT&T as my provider. I think the Gator's was just NHRA new streaming
service? The bitch I have, I can't hear the cars and stop turning the camera away when there is a
fire or crash. I don't turn away when I'm sitting in the stands! One more thing the DJ get rid of that
crap, hoping it's water will break and it will have to take leave of absence (For Ever), And the red circle
I have know idea what people are talking about never seen that. Well that's not true saw red circles
from the mid 70s to the mid 80s, that is a story for another day. I think it come's down to what part
of the country you live or the world.
Another testimonial to my argument.
The red circle is the technical version of a human who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

It's 0410 and I got nothing, except a thumpin' migraine. :confused:

Up lookin' for trouble huh Jimi ... ;)

It’s 9pm on the pacific coast and I can’t find the days coverage from Vegas anywhere. Same thing happened for Pomona on Sunday. Is there a major delay in getting the coverage up after the event this year??

It’s 9pm on the pacific coast and I can’t find the days coverage from Vegas anywhere. Same thing happened for Pomona on Sunday. Is there a major delay in getting the coverage up after the event this year??

Starting to get used to this issue… 🫤
Tech Support replied to me after the Gator’s that the target is to have on-demand coverage posted 1-hour after live event finishes (unless they have technical issues)… so far this season it has varied a bit, today’s coverage was posted around 2 hours after live coverage finished at approx 1900 PST. IMHO it’s not too bad if we know that is how it will be.

BTW, I found the new NHRA app on my TV and it is way better than using Chromecast 👍

Last edited:
I try to live by, "If you can't say something good....Don't say anything" but, yesterday's sound mix from Las Vegas was awful. Not the old "I can't hear the cars" but IT SEEMED Every time Alan went silent (even for a moment) - they'd switch to the DJ or incomprehensible crowd noise. It was as if they had a motion / sound detection device that just switched over to NOISE any time there was a void.

I try to live by, "If you can't say something good....Don't say anything" but, yesterday's sound mix from Las Vegas was awful. Not the old "I can't hear the cars" but IT SEEMED Every time Alan went silent (even for a moment) - they'd switch to the DJ or incomprehensible crowd noise. It was as if they had a motion / sound detection device that just switched over to NOISE any time there was a void.
NHRA broadcast department is absolutely clueless about their product. Everybody from the producer down to the clown (especially the clown) need immediate termination.
Keep Alan, if he wants to talk over the cars, that’s okay, but the cars (all classes) should drown out his voice.
Keep Lohnes, make him use 65% less words than he uses
Keep Tony have him be safe to say whatever is on his mind, if you agree or not
Get rid of the clown (especially the clown)
Crank up the car audio to realistic level

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back