MLB on Apple TV+ vs NHRA on Fox and NHRA.Tv (1 Viewer)

aakar

Nitro Member
Watching the Cubs on Apple TV, had some thoughts about the audio video presentation vs NHRA.
MLB: Crisp, clean 4 channel audio, crowd noise in rear speakers, announcers mixed UNDER crowd noise, calm insightful commentary, the sound of the ball hitting the catchers mitt or a bat - absolutely vicious. Video clean, near 4K no glitching. Immersive experience as close to perfect as 2023 technology will allow.
NHRA on Fox: Over excited announcer talking and talking and talking, endless unnecessary recaps, car audio changing constantly with every camera angle, most matchups not carried thru, switching to interviews after burnouts, no consistency of anything, our national anthem ignored, last years excellent video quality now replaced, redundant sports results scroll bar destroying any way to have an immersive experience.
NHRA.TV: Makes you want to scream at your TV, absolute, clueless garbage, and they CHARGE for it!
My opinion, I will bet the great Dean Papadeaus would agree and add even more to my observation. I bet NHRA will ignore everything I said

Watching the Cubs on Apple TV, had some thoughts about the audio video presentation vs NHRA.
MLB: Crisp, clean 4 channel audio, crowd noise in rear speakers, announcers mixed UNDER crowd noise, calm insightful commentary, the sound of the ball hitting the catchers mitt or a bat - absolutely vicious. Video clean, near 4K no glitching. Immersive experience as close to perfect as 2023 technology will allow.
NHRA on Fox: Over excited announcer talking and talking and talking, endless unnecessary recaps, car audio changing constantly with every camera angle, most matchups not carried thru, switching to interviews after burnouts, no consistency of anything, our national anthem ignored, last years excellent video quality now replaced, redundant sports results scroll bar destroying any way to have an immersive experience.
NHRA.TV: Makes you want to scream at your TV, absolute, clueless garbage, and they CHARGE for it!
My opinion, I will bet the great Dean Papadeaus would agree and add even more to my observation. I bet NHRA will ignore everything I said
I agree !

matinee games at wrigley before they installed the lights.....growing up the cubs would be on regular tv every home game.
listening to harry carry and steve stone. the sounds of the ballpark just like you described. then one day it's changed.
amazing when you have something so great and you don't even realize it. so many things in life that way.
i feel nhra lost something when the national anthem/s parachute jumpers went away.
hopefully nhra.tv can improve.

Come on, your comparing baseball to drag racing?? And after the burnout is a perfect time for interview unless you need to watch a car back up

Well, to bring in a little more fairness, I subscribe to another forum dedicated to my favorite MLB baseball team. When Appletv+ hosts the broadcast, it is a night and day difference when compared to the usual NBCSports brodacast. The Appletv+ broadcast video is staggeringly beautiful. Everyone on the other forum agrees that it blows NBCSports video out of the water and that NBCSports should step up their quality to match. The downside of the Apple broadcast is, the announcers are awful.

Oh god would I love for NHRA to have broadcast video like Appletv. That would be awesome! And I whole-heartedly agree the anthem should be on the Sunday broadcast followed immediately and uninterrupted by the two top fuel cars starting up and doing the burnout. Then go ahead with the announcing.

Harve, what did get is you are very unhappy with the way someone does something however Brian Lohnes is a tremendous talent and his style isnt for everyone just like any other announcers style. I dont watch baseball on apple tv so I cant say either way. I know the production crew spends a lot of time trying to improve the show so maybe shoot them a email with some suggestions sure wouldnt hurt.

On the otherside, I bought a few of the Dean Papadeaus videos and I'd much rather watch FOX.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back