New nhra.tv (1 Viewer)

This is the second national event and I am still seeing the red circle about every 30 to 40 min.
The red circle usually means the video is "buffering". By that I mean the video is downloading to your harware (TV, iPad, etc). So many factors that cause this problem are at play here.
Let's start with the hardware you're using to watch the show, it's trying to play the video as it's downloading new video and sometimes can't keep up. Even if you run out buy new and more powerful hardware with more RAM, faster CPU and better graphics, it still may not solve the buffering problem.
Which leads to the next possible cause for buffering, your Internet provider. Let's say your Internet provider is a cable company, they may be throttling your connection for whatever reason. Maybe you have a DATA limit and the speed goes down because you've reached that limit. Or there's a gazillion people online at the same time and the copper cable (which is what most companies use) is being hammered trying to delivery signals to everyone.
And the Internet provider gets the signal from somwhere, which brings in the third player in this problem, the source of the content. How many connections does your IP have to go through to get that signal to you? For instance NHRA.TV, probably sends the original signal to huge server network that that supplies the signal to your IP. Does NHRA.TV have trouble delivering the signal to the server network or does the server network have a problem delivering the signal to your IP or does the IP have have a problem delivering the signal to you? Who knows.
I'm not accusing or defending any company, NHRA.TV, an Internet provider, a server network, the hardware you're using or whoever, just trying to explain and I hope everyone understands it wasn't that long ago we (older fans) had to wait a week or more to find out who won a race.
Oh yeah, one other factor just came to mind, the weather. I don't think I have to explain that situation.

So, you were able to watch a replay of Friday on Friday? You were able to watch Fridays broadcast on Saturday, without the one frame per second jumping?
I watched Friday, Saturday and Sunday live. Paused the feed a few times, but had no issue when I resumed watching.

I watch nhra.tv on my pc with Windows 10 and the Edge browser.

I watched Friday, Saturday and Sunday live. Paused the feed a few times, but had no issue when I resumed watching.

I watch nhra.tv on my pc with Windows 10 and the Edge browser.
Well, I paused Friday and when I came back, there was not even a link to Fridays action. Gone. Deleted. As others have stated, it wasn't there for them either, so it wasn't just me having issues. Once the link did appear for Friday, on Saturday, did you try to watch it? Because again, there was an issue with the replay playing correctly.

I hit the search, typed in Phoenix, and all 3 days are there.

I don't doubt you Vaughn, but they are there now.

I hit the search, typed in Phoenix, and all 3 days are there.

I don't doubt you Vaughn, but they are there now.
If you read the thread, we discuss the link to Fridays show appearing on Saturday. But it was unwatchable. It was fast forwarding one frame at a time. And why wasn't it available until Saturday? I've never had to wait until the next day to catch up, when I wasn't able to watch it live. I could go to a concert on a friday night and come home and catch up on the action. Now I can't.

If you read the thread, we discuss the link to Fridays show appearing on Saturday. But it was unwatchable. It was fast forwarding one frame at a time. And why wasn't it available until Saturday? I've never had to wait until the next day to catch up, when I wasn't able to watch it live. I could go to a concert on a friday night and come home and catch up on the action. Now I can't.
I am not tech support Vaughn. IDK why you had trouble. I didn't have any issue, nor did I try and look to see if a replay was available. I also could not easily find the replayed race, which was usually posted on the front page without having to search for it.

I was just trying to help, that's all. Sorry for your troubles.

I agree. Now it's there, but won't play properly. After the first couple of years of issues, it has been good the last couple of years. Now it's beyond terrible.
May I ask what you're trying to watch the show on? Windows PC, Roku, Firestick or any other streaming device with your TV, phone, iPad, etc?

I tried it on Roku, Firestick and iphone, as did someone else in this thread. It's not a device or provider issue. This is an NHRA.TV issue.

The Friday night replay was not available until Saturday. When it did become available, it didn't play properly.

I've been a subscriber since day 1 and I've managed through all the other issues. But the last couple of years have been pretty darn good, and now, when they finally get it good and consistent, they change the platform and we are back to issues.

I was watching the Friday show live. I paused it to go out for the evening. I come back home and it is GONE. No link for the replay until Saturday. Then it doesn't play properly.

I have two issues. 1. The replay not being available when I get home later Friday night. Never had this issue before. 2. Replay not playing properly when it FINALLY does become available.

I tried it on Roku, Firestick and iphone, as did someone else in this thread. It's not a device or provider issue. This is an NHRA.TV issue.

The Friday night replay was not available until Saturday. When it did become available, it didn't play properly.

I've been a subscriber since day 1 and I've managed through all the other issues. But the last couple of years have been pretty darn good, and now, when they finally get it good and consistent, they change the platform and we are back to issues.

I was watching the Friday show live. I paused it to go out for the evening. I come back home and it is GONE. No link for the replay until Saturday. Then it doesn't play properly.

I have two issues. 1. The replay not being available when I get home later Friday night. Never had this issue before. 2. Replay not playing properly when it FINALLY does become available.
I'm going to PM you about this.

I watched all 3 days with no issues on Roku. I can't speak to Friday, but we were out Sunday afternoon and got home after the race was over. I scrolled to the last round we saw then watched the rest.
I'm seeing a much better consistent video quality than in the past.

The sound still needs work. One positive is the music is quiet.

Does anyone on this site from another country subscribe to NHRA.TV? If so, do you have any issues?

Does anyone on this site from another country subscribe to NHRA.TV? If so, do you have any issues?
I have a few friends overseas, and the only complaint I hear is about the 11pm and 2am start times before having to leave for work because it's Monday morning.

World wide Tech Support Jimi? 👍 :cool: ;)

So, after all my pissing and moaning last week, this weekend has been flawless so far. I had to leave yesterday during Q2 qualifying. I tried to put off going to a family party until after, but Force screwed that up. 😁 Anyway, I left and when I got home I immediately turned everything back on hoping the link would not only be available, but would play properly. It did! Thank you NHRA.TV for resolving whatever was causing the issues last weekend!

So, after all my pissing and moaning last week, this weekend has been flawless so far. I had to leave yesterday during Q2 qualifying. I tried to put off going to a family party until after, but Force screwed that up. 😁 Anyway, I left and when I got home I immediately turned everything back on hoping the link would not only be available, but would play properly. It did! Thank you NHRA.TV for resolving whatever was causing the issues last weekend!
Glad it's working for you. Video streaming isn't a perfect science, there is so many variables involved.
I'm not defending NHRA.TV, I'm justing saying, I believe somewhere between them and you was the problem.

No, NHRA.TV was the problem. I've had this service since day 1. There was no problem on my end. No in between.
I'm not gonna argue about this, if it works, enjoy the broadcast. If it doesn't, sorry.
As I said before, I'm not defending or criticzing NHRA.TV, just trying to understand why the broadcast is OK for some people and not Ok for others.
This conversation has ended.

I like NHRATV and have watched it for years. I watch it on my computer and it has never been a problem before this weekend. I would be watching and the screen would go blank with just the circles going around and around. Each time I had to shut it off and relog in and it would work for a while. I thought it was a streaming problem so rebooted my modem but it didn't help. I checked my download speed and it was in the 350 mbps range. Any idea how to resolve my problem?

I like NHRATV and have watched it for years. I watch it on my computer and it has never been a problem before this weekend. I would be watching and the screen would go blank with just the circles going around and around. Each time I had to shut it off and relog in and it would work for a while. I thought it was a streaming problem so rebooted my modem but it didn't help. I checked my download speed and it was in the 350 mbps range. Any idea how to resolve my problem?
This is exactly what I was trying to explain. A cetain someone had problems in the past but it worked fine this weekend.
The only thing I can say is, I doubt it's a fault on your end, it's probably somewhere between the NHRA.TV broadcast and your house. Please read my previous post on possible causes.
However, and you don't have to disclose this info if you don't want to, but it would be interesting to know what section of the country you live in, the Northeast, West, etc.
And a 350 mbps download should be OK.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back