New Driver for Dunn (2 Viewers)

I have heard TJ Jr's name in conjunction with the Mopar/Oakley Dodge @ DSR more than once for '09.

Someone who is currently driving for another team ... that brings money to the table ... PURELY guessing here ... Gary Densham?

also (and im asking cause i dont remember) but wasnt it stated on CP i think that mopar wasnt returning to DSR that there budget was cut and what was left was going to be invested soley in pro stock with allen johnson and team??

thanks for letting me know and post the link to the article if you anyone finds it

TRAVO

UPDATE found it on the rumor mill. Bobby B. or Don S. has this been confirmed?? (they are still running the mopar/oakley body)

ANOTHER SPONSOR DOWNSIZE?
Written by CompetitionPlus
Friday, 17 October 2008

A solid source has confirmed that Don Schumacher Racing was notified by Mopar that 85% of the manufacturer's budget had been cut forcing them to discontinue sponsorship of the Funny Car currently driven by Gary Scelzi. We are told that Chrysler will thrown all of its eggs into the Pro Stock class with what remains in the budget. There is no word at this time as to the status of the car next season and anything stated, at this point, is pure speculation confirms our source.
THANKS

Last edited:
I think everyone has forgotten that there is a chance someone on the IHRA side might be looking to move over now that they seem to have no program over there.
Just a thought.

The third car, formerly known as the Mopar/Oakley ride in years past and currently, will return with a combination of sponsors.

Well, I was right on the IHRA driver. Just in the wrong car as DSR has Matt Hagan now signed.
Still, there are several good IHRA drivers left lookin' for a ride.

How 'bout....ummm... Mike Dunn?? :D A Dunn & Reath tribute car ??

I think that would be cool. Do you think (cause I have no idea) that Mike would get along with his brother from another mother Jon** (Jon and Jim's current wife are an integral part of their current team). He never mentions them on TV?*

* And I could be wrong, they could be the best of friends I don't know, maybe someone else knows.

**Correct me if I'm wrong, I might be making connections here that arent't correct - Jon and Mike don't look anything alike, and Jim's current wife doesn't look anything like his wife in "Funnycar Summer". So I just assumed...

Trust me Chris ( no disrespect to you at all) but I know from working for him Jerry has the money to run on his own. Maybe not like some ppl and probably dont want to spend all his money on racing out of his own pocket but he could if he wanted to. just smart bussiness ;)

Travo

I do not doubt that Jerry has the money to run if he wanted, just history has shown he is not willing to spend his own money. I do agree he is on the sharper end of the business scale of the guys in the NHRA pro pits ...

Also, with Rockstar leaving, there would be no real reason to delay an announcement, particularly with only one race remaining.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back