Jim Dunn's New Driver (1 Viewer)

Seems like a bit of a mismatch to me. I like them both so I hope it works out. Just surprised.

WOW,...I didn't see THAT coming. I thought it would be TJ.

Toliver and Dunn seems like the mismatch of the new century, but hey,...I hope it works out. Are they still sponsored by dog food?

My money is on Mr. Dunn. I dont care that much for Jerry, thought he was a good fit in the Wrasslin car though.....

Maybe I'm nuts, but Jim Dunn was a firefighter and I'm sure he doesn't have millions to through away on a hobby. So I suspect he runs his car so he'll at least break even at the end of the year. I think Jerry Tolliver understands that, since he has a big-time talent agency behind him. Tolliver may be able to use that to bring in some more sponsorship dollars, but one way or the other, both of these guys understand the need to run the operation like a business. That may well cause them to get along a lot better than anyone expects at this point.

Seems like a bit of a mismatch to me. I like them both so I hope it works out. Just surprised.

I thought Jim D and Al Hofmann's styles differed a bit (Jim wanted to show up and run - Al wanted to show up and win every event)..

That didn't turn out so well....

I think Jim and Tony B were a good fit (Tony B wanting expierence, winning wasn't necessarily the goal (or so I think)). I don't think Jerry T needs expierence, you would think he want's to win...

I like both guys, but im going out on a limb and saying it only last till Sonoma.

OK guys here is your chance to prove me wrong. :D

Last edited:
Maybe I'm nuts, but Jim Dunn was a firefighter and I'm sure he doesn't have millions to through away on a hobby. So I suspect he runs his car so he'll at least break even at the end of the year. I think Jerry Tolliver understands that, since he has a big-time talent agency behind him. Tolliver may be able to use that to bring in some more sponsorship dollars, but one way or the other, both of these guys understand the need to run the operation like a business. That may well cause them to get along a lot better than anyone expects at this point.
Right on the money Professor Dave!;)
Good luck to Big Jim, Jerry, & enjoy the free time Tony (Seattle was awesome!!!)!!
:)

Last edited:
I'm glad to see Toliver will be back next year, I think he's a cool personality and the guy never stops searching for new sponsors to bring into the sport, and he is successful at it to boot.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back