Angelle (2 Viewers)

I'm sorry to see her leave DSR. I've always thought she would've made a great Pro Stock (car) driver as well. Wishfull thinking...:(

That's great for Angelle, but you gotta feel for Peggy. You could insert her name in that press release just as easily. She is very talented and very marketable.

I hope she has a ride for next year.

Maybe I missed something, but when Shoe announce he would keep only 1 bike for '08, why did both riders seem to be out of a job? When Antron got the TF deal, wouldn't that have made it a shoe-in (no pun intended) for Angelle to stay and ride for DSR?

a suzuki dealer on a buell..........whatever.
business makes strange bedfellows.....or something like that.
who said life was fair or should make sense.

i just want to see if angelle and arton are still on the starting line
routing each other on next year :rolleyes:

From Angelle's blog

Ending weeks of speculation, Pro Stock Motorcycle team owners Karl and Kim Klement announced that three-time NHRA POWERade champ Angelle Sampey will pilot their Rush Racing Products Buell in 2008.

Rush signed on as Klement's primary marketing partner just in time for the 2007 Countdown to the Championship. A short time later, the U.S. Army dropped their sponsorship of Sampey's team for 2008 and, eventually, one of the most popular figures in drag racing was available. Did Rush president Lou Pringle see this coming when he joined forces with Klement in September? "I never thought the Army would give us such a golden opportunity!" laughed Pringle. "Given Angelle's popularity, she's a perfect marketing tool for our products. We're very excited."

"It's outrageously cool," agreed Rush CEO Terry Daniel. "It's very exciting for all parties concerned. It's been one heck of a ride for us, and we're really looking forward to 2008. Angelle's very professional and brings a lot to the table. And we have a great deal of respect for Karl Klement. He's a phenomenal fellow and runs a very professional team. He's very straightforward and he pursues winning, and I like that."

"Kim and I are so excited to have Angelle on board," said Klement. "No way did I think this would happen. Two years ago, we went to the races in ..:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 />Dallas and sat in the stands. Last year, we won the race. This year, we'll be there with the biggest star in the sport. A lot of great things are happening. When this opportunity arose, all of our marketing partners asked me if we could get this done."

"Karl approached me and made it an opportunity that I couldn't refuse," said Sampey. "I had three different opportunities to choose from, but Karl offered me an opportunity to be a part of the business beyond my racing career. I put them all on the table and Karl's was the one I chose to take.

"In the short period of time that I've been talking to Karl and Kim, I've realized that they're exactly the kind of team owners that I want to ride for. I'm very excited to be working for them. I think we'll be very successful on the racetrack, and I know we'll be very successful as a team. I'm really looking forward to it."

Sampey is part owner of Performance Suzuki in her hometown of Houma, La., and throwing her leg over an S&S-powered Buell is going to take some getting used to. "The Buell was probably the toughest part of the decision," said Sampey. "I've been riding Suzukis since I was 6 years old. I know it's gonna be different, and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all that power and see what I can do on one. I'm very excited about it and I can't wait to see what we can do. After 11 years in the sport, that will be a big change and it should make for a very interesting year."

.. END STORY -->

I figured Angelle would end up on Chip's old ride. That'll show me. Good luck to Angelle next season, wonder if Peggy ends up on the G2 bike?

Congrats to Angelle on the new ride
049.gif
. I wonder who will end up on the DSR bike and G2 bike. Is this where Ellis and Peggy will end up? Time will tell.....

Maybe I missed something, but when Shoe announce he would keep only 1 bike for '08, why did both riders seem to be out of a job? When Antron got the TF deal, wouldn't that have made it a shoe-in (no pun intended) for Angelle to stay and ride for DSR?
He said he would keep one bike regardless, but if no sponsor came on board, they would ride for free! Some may jump at that chance, but not if it's their livelihood!
................i just want to see if angelle and arton are still on the starting line
routing each other on next year :rolleyes:
You can Guarantee that will happen;)

That's great for Angelle, but you gotta feel for Peggy. You could insert her name in that press release just as easily. She is very talented and very marketable.

I hope she has a ride for next year.

Echo that sentiment!!!

And Mike, who is "arton" and why would they be "routing" each other???:p

No worries as my brain does the same thing: thinks faster than I can type!:D

Now that they're in different classes it should be easier to watch each other!

:)

Congrats to Angelle! Kudos to Peggy for the ride she gave that bike this year. I hope she finds a new ride for '08. She's definitely a marketable rider.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back