Neff Testing In Richmond With Ford Engine (1 Viewer)

Untested driver with an untested fuel motor with arguably the best inhouse racing organization should be vewy interesting to say the least- :eek:

Hang on Mike- :eek::eek:

The way I read the article- Mike will be running THIS week at Virginia- :confused:
He may want to visit Benny the Bombs nuts of steel school of flash boom too- :D j/k-:eek:
I'd make sure I knew where all the exits are the first thru tenth time they lite that thing- < > V :p

Last edited:
Since the NHRA madated the specs (bore spacing, etc) it shouldn't need much testing to be competetive since it is pratically based on proven parts. The NHRA doesn't allow ANY innovation anymore!:(

Since the NHRA madated the specs (bore spacing, etc) it shouldn't need much testing to be competetive since it is pratically based on proven parts. The NHRA doesn't allow ANY innovation anymore!
I dont want it to be mis-understood, that I think this (Ford) engine was going to grenade on the chassis dyno- :eek: I was obviously making light- But to get everything in sync, Fuel, Ignition, Clutch, rest of the car/stuff-:D (all basic spec, but complex systems) and have that placed in your lap for your first time to slap the pedal on it!! All while being trapped and strapped to it!! Should be enough to make you say, wha without the "a"!! That's alot too take in!! But maybe it's like a running joke- I did'nt know they ran without blowing up until it did'nt- (nostalgia fire in the face thing) Don't know no different!! It's all the same to Zippy- It does'nt matter what got you there, (Ford) it's what YOU did, to get it there!! I believe Mike will be fine- He's got that serious thing in him-

With John Medlen at the helm leading this team, and Zip knowing more then the basic's of the entire car:) I have no doubt everything will work together, as designed- Has a nitromethane fueled motor ever done that?? Seriously!! :p But I mean the part about John Medlen and Zip- This "team" would not be out there PERIOD!! If it was'nt as safe as possible, or they are not ready, it won't turn a wheel- They must be ready, and making the statement about running it in the '08 season say's to me, this thing is much further along than I knew- IGOR!!
Be interesting to see if they do run it this week-

Force don't know whats going on lol, and probably for the better- Let Coil, Bernie, John and Jimmy, along with a cast of a bunch who are bringing this project together, do better than their best- Whether or not it was built just to machine Ford in it- I wish them ALL the best- With a little Eric in there hearts, it has got to be good, for everyone!!

WRITTEN WITH A PURPOSE, BUT PUCKERED OUT- :eek:

Last edited:
Am gonna be in Richmond the day following the race... but the whole no testing at the track one week prior rule... hold on, doesn't Frank run Classes at VMP???? Hummmmmmmmm? :confused:

Igor
Yes Master, I have the brain you asked for.... her Name was Abby Normal....:eek:

I think a couple of things are worth noting..

First John Medlin would never put a car or car/driver out there if he did not have the absolute confidence in it. Besides the combination of Medlin and Neff is a pretty potent deal. A lot of knowledge there.

The other part about this is as John F said that this engine is being developed mainly for the Top fuel cars of Britanny and Courtny to satisfy ford. which I don't have any problem with as if it can get more cars and teams out there, so much the better.

If it can then be a Ford in a Ford for the Mustangs then I guess we won't hear as much from the Mopar guys as how it is a Chrysler hemi. Saying that a late model fuel motor is a Chrysler hemi is like saying Pam Anderson is all natural. Yeah the basic design is there but much improved...:eek:

jim:D

I think a couple of things are worth noting..

First John Medlin would never put a car or car/driver out there if he did not have the absolute confidence in it. Besides the combination of Medlin and Neff is a pretty potent deal. A lot of knowledge there.

The other part about this is as John F said that this engine is being developed mainly for the Top fuel cars of Britanny and Courtny to satisfy ford. which I don't have any problem with as if it can get more cars and teams out there, so much the better.

If it can then be a Ford in a Ford for the Mustangs then I guess we won't hear as much from the Mopar guys as how it is a Chrysler hemi. Saying that a late model fuel motor is a Chrysler hemi is like saying Pam Anderson is all natural. Yeah the basic design is there but much improved...:eek:

jim:D

Jim I might be wrong but isn't the Ford Fuel Block based off of the current block with some modifications? :confused:
An apple never falls to far from the tree! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back