Crewmember killed at LODRS Richmond event (1 Viewer)

Very Very Sad... :(
Wierd how fate works though...

My Condolences to everyone involved...

That's so awful and so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and crew. At least it sounds like one good thing came out of such a tragic accident - that the right medical crew was on hand and freed to save another life, since they could not help the person they were dispatched to save.

My thoughts and Prayers go out to Scotty and his family.

Word spread quickly through the pits that there was an accident. When I heard the helicopter coming in I dropped what I was doing and went to the fence in front of the stands. The Copter circled for what seemed to be forever. Another racer standing there is a medic in NJ and said the was SOP to circle twice before landing to check for obsticles.

Once the Copter landed and only one door opened the NJ Medic said "this isn't good". My heart sank. I asked why and he explained he has seen this before and it is not good. That really bothered me until someone said "he died doing what he loved".

I went back to work and finished the car in a humbled and somber mood.

I didn't know Scotty but on the way home I looked him up on net...he truly did love racing and I am sure he loved his family with the same intensity.

Later I heard about the Heart Attach and the Life-Flight being there that saved his (John) life. I found some good in the bad and I hope that Scotty's family can find some good too.

God's Speed Scotty...

And John a speedy recovery...

My thoughts & prayers are with the families of both folks. I agree that 2007 needs a do-over. :(

Thats very sad. I thought about how dangerous it is towing back when someone is riding on the tailgate with the car less then six feet away.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back