"Dandy" Dick Landy passes (1 Viewer)

This is indeed a sad news. IMO, the big three that helped the start of pro stock was Landy, Sox and Jenkins. RIP.

This is so sad, RIP Dick.....we are losing these people too fast and too often lately....................Perry Jr.

Sadly, a lot of us are reaching that point in life that have to start saying good bye to the people we watched as children. God Speed Dick.

First saw Landy at San Fernando when he was driving a 406 Ford for Andy Andrews.

Wish NHRA had also used a photo of the Dart with the injectors. I thought that was the coolest of all of his cars.

Jay

As a long time Mopar fan,Dick Landy was one of my favorite racers.This is really sad news.

Godspeed Mr.Landy

The last year or so has been real tough on the old pro stock fans as we have lost many of the early class heros.
The death of "Dandy" Dick Landy came as a complete suprise to me, God rest his soul.

I first saw Dandy Dick racing Pro Stock at Bee Line Dragway (long since gone) in about 1969 against the likes of Sox & Martin. I can rembember his claim to fame then was building all his engines in "dust proof" clean rooms. Kinda funny since they tore their engines down in the dirt pits here in the desert after all that care in the shop.
Thanks for the memories and your legacy Dandy!

As a 10-year old kid in '69 I idolized Landy. My Uncle, who was 23 at the time, had a new '69 Dart 440 GTS, which he striped, lettered and hood scooped to look a lot like Landy's car. He named the car 'Bitchin' Mopar' and lettered the doors with that name. Lastly, my Uncle was a tall, big man who began keeping a long cigar in his mouth...which he never smoked...just like Landy. Both those guys were sooooo cool.

Dandy Dick had a huge influence on all of us...

Glad to have all the memories big fella .
Those manufactors Super Stock and Pro Stock wars continue to burn up pavement to this day.
Only a couple years ago he was explaining his shops entry into a engine builders contest for Car Craft and was still sucking on that cigar.
RIP Big Boy!

64 Dodge Polara SS/A leaving beautiful black stripes the whole length of Fremont dragstrip:D . Those were the days. I found out later that he was faking using the push buttons, just push the D button and let her rip.

RIP brother

This is sad. Nicholson, Sox and now Landy, only the Grump remains of the original big four of Pro Stock. It was interesting that Ford, Plymouth, Dodge, and Chevy were represented by them.

This is sad. Nicholson, Sox and now Landy, only the Grump remains of the original big four of Pro Stock. It was interesting that Ford, Plymouth, Dodge, and Chevy were represented by them.

I'd never thought of the connection of all four car brands by the original four heavy hitters. That's incredible!

I talked to Dick way back in 64 when he had the Automotive Research
Car. It was a unique car on how it sound! He was a real gentleman and was always open to talk to. He will be missed!

Rest in Peace Dick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back